Which Is Better, Cartomizer Or Atomizer?

Anon360

thats basically all im asking lol

well, i ask because i have a cheap ecig with rechargeable battery that has a cartomizer, i think and i noticed that when i take long drags that i can feel the butt warming up a bit on my lips. im sure thats not natural or good

i think that it burns the liquid too much and that may be the reason why its a little harsh when i inhale and very dry. i mean, if its supposed to be water vapors then i dont see why it would be dry when i inhale.

whats with that?

i started out with a cheap e cig also that i bought from a local tobacco store. the e cigs were E Health Cigarettes, they were crap and lasted maybe a week and when i took them back to the store the guy pulled out a box full of parts and said, please find what will work....lol. well i wasnt loling at the time so i started doing more research which lead me here. everyone here will help to get you the right info on what your looking for, they sure did help me thats for sure ;).

i would get a new e cig, thats what i would suggest. maybe a 510 starter kit which i have or a eGo which is very popular :)

Neither one is 'the best' IMO. But Cartomizers are 'better'... offering user the ease of usage and time between refilling/dripping, etc. And, for me, I actually get better flavor/vapor than with an atomizer. I think other carto users would agree as well, Christopher? Also, if you are a 3.7 volt vaper... then you must try 'Boge LR cartos'! They really work like a champ!

Edited by DAYVAPE

thanks

one of the main things im curious about with this question is related to the slight but noticeable burning feeling and roughness i get. like is it supposed to be this way? are all of them, even the expensive ones supposed to be rough or harsh? i like ecigs, and so far it has replaced my desire for analogs. but i wish it were smoother goin down my throat instead of feeling like its burning like an analog almost.

then i think before the end of the month i will have one

havent yet decided on whether i should get the 510 or the ego

im deff against the tanks tho,

not really sure why but i see alot of negative reviews on them

You're mentioning a burning and harshness, from my experience, it sounds like you may vaping on a Carto that is too dry. This will sometimes cause the material around the atomizer to burn slightly and give you that bad taste and burn in your lungs and throat. The problem is, once a Carto gets scorched like that it's pretty much done for giving you a smooth vape.

Our VaporTalk Founder and fearless leader, Christopher made a really useful vid that shows how to fill your cartos up right and give you the best vape.

Check it out here. -

Hope this helps you!

You have to consider that most people who use cartos suggest the boge's. They also use juices from quality vendors, which taste much better than any pre-filled carto I've tried. Upgrade your carto and juice, and you should be much happier than where you are now.

As far as which one is better? Clearly it would be an LR atty (if you ask me), but it seems more people use cartomizers. IMO, DD on an atty tastes and vapes the best. With it comes the pain of dripping all the time, and having tissue around. A bottom feeder solved this problem for me so attys taste and function the best.

Cartos will get hot, so you may want to use a drip tip with them. Using a drip tip will also help you keep from getting juiced (sucking eliquid into your mouth). IMO, for convenience go with cartomizers, but for the best vaping experience go with an atomizer and direct dripping.

They each have thier place.Atties can't be beat for dripping and carto's are good for outings.A drip tip or cut down cart in place of the rubber plug will cool off the lips .And when they reach the end on thier useful life 3 to 5 days for me depending what liquid I am using they get nasty tasting harsh vappor.

Oh, and one other thing that bothers me is the fact that you better have the right number of drops in an atty, or you will have juice leaking all over. 1 or 2 drops too many and it starts leaking... 1 or 2 drops too few and it tastes like crap. (of course I also use all PG which is very thin... but is more flavorful than VG. I won't do VG or even a 50/50 blend to slow leaking... because I hate VG with a passion now that all I vape is PG.) With cartos, for me, there is really no guesswork involved... once you have them filled you don't have to worry about getting that harsh/dry hit you can with attys. It's much more gradual with cartos... once you notice them getting weaker then you know it's time to top-off with juice. To hell with counting drops and wondering if it's going to leak... or hoping I didn't put a drop or two more than it's capable of 'storing', etc.

Atomizers are just finicky about these certain things that cartos simply are not. (IMHO)

I will use an atty every now and again to test juices, etc... and I am reminded every time about how much less hassle my cartos are. It may be that I just don't know what I'm doing when using attys... but all I DO know is that cartos have great flavor/vapor/throat hit that is very easy to maintain. And once they starting getting a bit old I toss it and grab a new one! Nothing beats that 'new carto taste' either!

Edited by DAYVAPE

To answer the question- once and for all.... try them both. Cartos and atty's are inexpensive enough to be able to make your decision based on your own use. Some atty users hate cartos for the same reasons carto users hate attys and vice versa. Individual experience will vary.

Yes, try both. Also, the harshness you are describing may be associated with the amount of PG in your e-liquid. Try a little VG in there. And, the most important rule of thumb when you first start vaping - hydration, hydration, hydration. I know you are vaping water vapor, but both PG and VG are used in cosmetics because of the way they affect the water in your skin. If you are not drinking enough water, your throat will dry out much quicker than with normal cigarettes. Try drinking a nice tall glass of water and see if that helps.

Anon,

As a beginner, cartomizers are what you'll want to rock, until you get the hang of things. But from your other thread, it looks like you're sifting for an Ego. If you're getting an Ego-Tank, then obviously you don't need cartomizers. Depends on what you want. Personally I am not a big fan of tanks unless the device is rocking Low Resistance atty's, otherwise there's there's a huge lack of flavor.

Mech

You have to consider that most people who use cartos suggest the boge's. They also use juices from quality vendors, which taste much better than any pre-filled carto I've tried. Upgrade your carto and juice, and you should be much happier than where you are now.

As far as which one is better? Clearly it would be an LR atty (if you ask me), but it seems more people use cartomizers. IMO, DD on an atty tastes and vapes the best. With it comes the pain of dripping all the time, and having tissue around. A bottom feeder solved this problem for me so attys taste and function the best.

Which bottom feeder do you use?

I *love* carts for the convinience.

I tried attys and they just don't do it for me.

thats basically all im asking lol

well, i ask because i have a cheap ecig with rechargeable battery that has a cartomizer, i think and i noticed that when i take long drags that i can feel the butt warming up a bit on my lips. im sure thats not natural or good

i think that it burns the liquid too much and that may be the reason why its a little harsh when i inhale and very dry. i mean, if its supposed to be water vapors then i dont see why it would be dry when i inhale.

whats with that?

My 2 cents ! get the K-go with the liquinator tank with the lr carto inside the tank....It is easy,and you will only fill the tank about once a day, and the battery will last you all day how much easier can you get ! ...........hope this helps ya !! :thumbsup: