Cartomizer Frustration (Ego)

zaudika

Ok, so I made my first big ordering mistake. I *thought* that the 510 soft top cartomizers were compatible with the eGo, but apparently they're not.

The best way I can explain it is the eGo needs a cartomizer that has an 'outtie' screw on, and the 510 soft tops have an 'innie' screw. Since the eGo batter is an 'innie', the 510 cartomizers dont work. (innie + innie = no connection). I *hope* that makes sense.

SO... two questions.

Is there any kind of an adapter to fix this?

If not, no problem, I'll just return them.

HOWEVER, can someone PLEASE provide me a link with a soft-top cartomizer (easy to fill) that works well with the eGo so I don't do this again?

Thank you!!!

Rachel

Hey Rachel, I don't know what you rec'd but ANY 510 will have an "outie" whether it is a carto or atty. You might want to check with your supplier and see what they sent you.

Not sure I understand. If you have an eGo, a 510 cartomizer should work on it. It sounds like you got the wrong cartomizers. 510 cartomizers will have an "outie" on the cartomizer. If you ordered 510 cartomizers and you got some that are "innies", the vendor may have sent the wrong ones. Without knowing what they are, I can't tell you what adapter you would need. I would contact the vendor.

Edited by Brian
What Mark said. :)

I am personally not have any luck using the 510 cartomizers on my Ego. I got the soft top, easy to refill, and just like the pre-filled ones, I get hardly any vapor. I am back to the atomizer. I don't get it? Is the battery on the ego too strong for the 510 cart?

510 cartos should definitely work on your ego. Do you have enough juice in it? There are videos in the how to section that show how to fill them. You want it to look like a slushie, initially it will take 20 or more drops and then just top it off. Also you might want to try cleaning the connections with a little rubbing alcohol and make sure it is screwed in tight enough. You should be getting plenty of vapor with a carto and your ego.

I am personally not have any luck using the 510 cartomizers on my Ego. I got the soft top, easy to refill, and just like the pre-filled ones, I get hardly any vapor. I am back to the atomizer. I don't get it? Is the battery on the ego too strong for the 510 cart?

Are they the standard or low resistance (LR) cartos you got? The standards wont put out as much vapor as the LR's... but should still work though.... just not plumes like the others.

I'd go with the Boge LR cartos like Brian has linked you too.

http://www.electroni...BLACK-p252.html

Edited by DAYVAPE

+1 to Mark.

510 atty's work fine with the ego. In fact, I've just purchased some of the dual coil cartos from Health Cabin and they have the same threads that fit the ego battery. Beautiful vape by the way.

Mech

i have an eGo, and i started out with standard resistance cartomizers and got almost nothing out of them, then i got a pack of lr boge's and it was much better. if you want a hard hitting, but hotter vapor cartomizer, try a dual-coil lr one, i use those and boge's for different juices with different nic levels, but they both work quite well.

I agree wholeheartedly with a couple of persons here. Boge LR cartos are the absolute best and if your running carts.....please pick up the best filling accessory on the market IMHO. Would not be without the Luer bottle and much easier than syringes.

https://www.vaporset...c.asp?offset=10

Here's the Boge LR (perfect for Ego) in white or black. I peel the labels on a few so as to have that nice metal/steel look.

https://www.vaporset...porparts510.asp

You can also pick up the adapters for the 808 carts and the juice is not bad at all. Matter of fact, my all day vape for over a year comes from this vendor and he's great to deal with. Good Luck!

Edited by maverick

• 1 year later...