How Long Does A Typical Atomizer Last?

I am soon planning to switch from smoking to vaping and I'm trying to get a grasp on what the upkeep/cost will be for ecigs. I will be purchasing an Ego-T with an LR atomizer, but I wanted to know how long I can expect the atomizer to last? Should I stock up on some to be safe?

Thanks for any and all help.

I suggest changing your atomizer every 2 weeks. Some people scoff at that and will keep theirs till it just dies. Which can be as a long as a month or two. But for the best experience change your atomizer at least once a month and you should be good :) Batteries every 4 months or when they stop holding a charge.

My wife has been using the same two LR eGo-T attys for 4 months. I took a toot of one the other day and was amazed at how well they still work. I never clean mine, just use them until they stop performing well or die. In general though, an atty will last 2-6 weeks. However, occasionally you get a real good one that will go for a while.

My wife has been using the same two LR eGo-T attys for 4 months. I took a toot of one the other day and was amazed at how well they still work. I never clean mine, just use them until they stop performing well or die. In general though, an atty will last 2-6 weeks. However, occasionally you get a real good one that will go for a while.

Do the attys being of the LR variety make a difference on lifespan in your experience?

Do the attys being of the LR variety make a difference on lifespan in your experience?

My experience with the eGo-T attys is that it doesn't seem to matter. IMO the LR Tank attys work better than the regular ones. Those are the only LR attys I've used. I normally use a regular Joye 510 attys with higher voltage. There's not a huge difference in the ohms between the two. The LR's run around 1.7-1.9ohm and the regulars are 2.2-2.4ohm. I think it's a different story with the 510 atty where you have 1.5ohm vs. 2.2ohm.

A month and even more on my LR's, however, I did get two new atty's from different vendors and they were pretty much unusable from the start. Tough pull on one, and the other vapes poorly. You should have at least a few on hand, more if possible.

Time is a pretty meaningless concept when applied to atomisers and cartos - what actually reflects true "life" is the amount of juice put through one before it wimps or dies. A good atty should take around 40ml of juice at least before needing replacement. (I know someone who vapes 10ml a day - so that's a "life" of 4 days! I vape 2-3ml per day so life is between two to three weeks or more...)

Time is a pretty meaningless concept when applied to atomisers and cartos - what actually reflects true "life" is the amount of juice put through one before it wimps or dies. A good atty should take around 40ml of juice at least before needing replacement. (I know someone who vapes 10ml a day - so that's a "life" of 4 days! I vape 2-3ml per day so life is between two to three weeks or more...)

Great answer.

Its always a crapshoot with attys. Some will last many months, some will last many hours. Lol. I would recommend against the LR attys for an Ego, as they will cut your battery life way down, and could actually kill your battery by drawing more power than it can handle. Some people use the LR's with the Ego and don't have problems, but I've killed a battery doing it and wouldn't recommend it. At the very best it will only shorten your battery's life and increase the amount of time it spends on the charger.

I use an eGo-T with tank. My atomizer was good for about two weeks until I tasted some e-liquids from suppliers that used food flavors containing alcohol for manufacturing e-liquids and since than I get smoked taste from time to time, so I have to give it a good cleaning process. A friend of mine is using the same type of atomizer for 2 months up till now and his one is like new. Seems like a good maintenance applied twice a day ( blowing through both sides) might helped a lot on that.

The conclusion is to keep away from e-liquid brands that are not for vaping exclusively. From all the atomizers I tried, I was happy the most with this one - the eGo-T tank.

I started vaping using LR atty's on my EGO T (manual battery). I bought 3 of these in addition to the 2 x free default attys I got in the starter kit. These are for the Ego T.

The first one lasted 3 days, the 2nd one lasted 1 day, and the 3rd one 4 days. They don't last long, at least in my opinion. Not all of mine "popped" but they do get really gunked up and you gotta clean 'em. If you don't, you'll not get the nice strong flavor hit - at least that's what I've discovered.

I just can't be bothered cleaning my tank atty's (it's a really troublesome process and there are videos on this to show you how - check Youtube) so I've recently switched over to dripping and also the use of cartos when I'm on the go.

Bottom line - not all atty's are created equal, that's what you get from China-made stuff. Some will last you weeks, and some months. Others will last you only a day. Roll of the dice really.

Mech