Is This A Good Deal On An Ego-T Starter Kit?

Hi everyone. I am planning to switch over from smoking to vaping this week and I'm going to be buying an ecig starter kit. I have done a lot of research and I have decided on getting the Ego-T. I have narrowed down my search to two vendors to purchase the kit, but I keep going back and forth. I was hoping some more experienced folks could give their opinions.

The first vendor is Cignot. They have an Ego-T starter kit which starts at $79, which seems a bit high, but the options they give our outstanding, all the way from color choice to size of battery to LR atomizers (I almost typed "attys," but I just couldn't). Also, you can, for example, order one 1000 mAH battery and one 650 mAH battery. The kit comes in a standard box with the charger, cable, tanks and instructions.

The second vendor is minicigarette.net. They sell a "deluxe Ego-T starter kit" for $79.50 that includes the following:

2x eGo Tank 1000mAH Rechargeable Battery with USB PASSTHROUGH FUNCTION

2x eGo Tank Tank Atomizer (I was told by the vendor I could substitute for LRs)

2x eGo Tank USB charger

5x eGo Tank Blank Cartridges

1x Zipper Carrying Case

1x USB Wall Plug Adapter

1x 30ml USA Made Premium E-Liquid

1x 17ml Atomizer Cleaning Fluid

After looking at many reviews, I have decided that I want to get low resistence atomizers as they purportedly correct some of the problems some people have been reporting on the standard Ego-Ts, i.e. leaking, not strong enough throat hit, etc.)

It seems like the minicigarette.net "deluxe kit" is a really good deal. The USB passthrough batteries should be very useful. Is there a downside to the USB passthrough batteries? - I don't know. Plus, it comes with a free 30Ml of e-liquid. I don't have any reason to suspect that the site is not a trusted vendor, but I'm still a little nervous.

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

After looking at minicigarette.net I dont trust em. They look fishy and their "forum" with over 100,00 members is a joke.

Edited by jeffb
changed .com to .net

minicigarette.net is located in China and ships out of China. I know this because I made the mistake of ordering from them when I placed my first Ecig order. The order arrived after a short hold in customs and the dual eGo set was good quality BUT I would have rather ordered from a company in the US if I had to do it over again. I didn't realize they were located outside the US until after I placed my order. :)

you might want to look at going with the regular eGo first, and then later getting a tank atomizer and some cartridges, reason being, you can try direct dripping and cartridges, see how you like that method. I tend to dissuade people from tank systems, as my personal luck with them has been pretty bad. no leaking issues, but for me the taste was absolutely unacceptable and gave me a massive headache. from the videos i've watched, it seems like people who use menthol flavors like the tanks, and people who don't, dislike them. perhaps the menthol affect masks the burning plastic taste. hell, if you want, i'll send you my eGo-T LR tank atomizer (i can't bring myself to say atty either) and blank cartridges as i don't use them, then you can get a regular eGo kit, and try dripping, cartridges, and tanks (picking up some cartomizers wouldn't be a bad idea either). I don't wanna sound like a commercial, but puresmoker.com sells the regular eGo kit for $50 (it's the kit i started with), I've had very good luck with them, and their prices are generally a bit less than most on cartomizers and atomizers. just my $.02

Thanks everyone for the welcome and sound advice. I will definitely be ordering from Cignot. Also, I think I will probably be going with the Ego-T and will try the regular Ego if I don't like it. The reason being that I think (right or wrong) that the convenience of the Ego-T is likely to help me quit smoking, which I have been doing for over 20 years. I have to say I've never been this excited to quit smoking.

Thanks again.

Thanks everyone for the welcome and sound advice. I will definitely be ordering from Cignot. Also, I think I will probably be going with the Ego-T and will try the regular Ego if I don't like it. The reason being that I think (right or wrong) that the convenience of the Ego-T is likely to help me quit smoking, which I have been doing for over 20 years. I have to say I've never been this excited to quit smoking.

Thanks again.

The eGo-T batteries use a standard 510 connection, so you're not limited to using the eGo-T atty. You can use a atty or carto with a 510 connection.