New Ego Passthrough - New To Vaping

zaudika

I have so many questions I don't even know where to start. I've read some tutorials, watched videos, etc... so I thankfully have a lot of the basics down.

I have the Ego Passthrough. 2 cartomizers, a drip tip, 2 atomizers, and 5 cartridges all which came in my starter pack. Along with juice and the battery and charger of course.

So... first off... I've taken the advice of some of the videos and blown out as much of the 'storing' fluid from the cartomizer and atomizers when i first got them.

First set of questions: Does the cartomizer come with initial juice like the plain carts do? Or are they empty? How much fluid / drops am I supposed to put in them to fill it? ............ I put in about 15 drops inititally, but then it started leaking out the other end. Ugh. Obviously overfilled it?

Second question: How long should a cartomizer last once filled? I dont want to burn it out. :(

I seem to be getting a pretty bad after taste / taste in my mouth. Standard? I wanted some taste or flavor to the vapor, but I'm not sure if this is it. It's almost like a bad slightly sweet taste.

Third question: I previously smoked Marlboros -- does anyone have a juice they'd recommend that they really like? Preferably with a good cig taste? As odd as that may sound. Any other recommendations of juices is of course appreciated.

Thanks a bunch for any help and advice! .. Much appreciated!

Welcome ! :D

First set of questions: Does the cartomizer come with initial juice like the plain carts do? Or are they empty? How much fluid / drops am I supposed to put in them to fill it? ............ I put in about 15 drops initially, but then it started leaking out the other end. Ugh. Obviously overfilled it?

Depends on the cartomizer. Some are filled some are empty. It will usually say when you purchase them. This video might help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeaqRV4PmzA

Second question: How long should a cartomizer last once filled? I dont want to burn it out. :(

If filled correctly anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple of hours depending on how much you're vaping. When it's low though, trust us, you'll know. It will get a nasty taste. The moment you think the flavor is dropping or it just tastes, weird, it's time to fill.

I seem to be getting a pretty bad after taste / taste in my mouth. Standard? I wanted some taste or flavor to the vapor, but I'm not sure if this is it. It's almost like a bad slightly sweet taste.

This usually means you've run the cartomizer or atomizer dry. We've all gone through this, it's a learning curve just like smoking. Don't fret though, you'll get the hand of it. This is all totally normal.

Third question: I previously smoked Marlboros -- does anyone have a juice they'd recommend that they really like? Preferably with a good cig taste? As odd as that may sound. Any other recommendations of juices is of course appreciated.

e Liquid marked "USA Blend" tends to be the Marlboro style e liquid. Suppliers can't make or name their liquid Marlboro because it's trademarked. 555 tends to be very popular. (555 is the name of the flavor)

As for the flavors, well that's the fun part. You'll have to sort of figure that out on your own. Suggesting flavors is like suggesting foods. Everyone likes something different :)

Thanks a bunch for any help and advice! .. Much appreciated!

Yup, anytime :thumbsup:

Well...I started to go into some answers for you but our "Fearless Leader" got here first. No prob..he has better insight anyway.

So...all I'll do now is welcome you to the forum and if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask. These people are great and always willing to help.

Enjoy your new Ego and keep us informed of your journey.

Good luck and happy vaping.thumbup.gif

p.s. The VT store has great juices and I can suggest the exotic (traditional).

So.. I already have another question. LOL

What is the *BEST* way to fill a cartomizer in your opinion(s)? .. pulled off the rubber 'condom' piece. Took out the first cap with one hole, took out the second cap with two holes. I don't have a syringe yet... but I've seen videos on doing this all kinds of ways and am SO confused.

First... drip it directly in.. doesn't really matter where it goes. LOL

Second... use a syringe and only use the little port / hole thats directly in the center after removing the two caps.

Third... drip the juice down the sides of the inside, but try not to get it into the hole/port in the enter (directly contradicting the second method).

Help???

The taste I'm getting is right after filling it.. so I don't think its dry.. i think it's just the change in taste.

I have the USA Blend. :)

No what type of Cartomizers, not device. :)

I'm guessing you got these: https://www.cignot.com/category_s/64.htm

They are not the same as Boge Tech (which is what I show in that video above) Boge Tech cartomizers are much easier to fill.

Does another member here have a good video to easily fill Joye Tech 510 cartomizers?

If not I'll go hunt one down.

Well..if you're using the fatter Ego cartomizers, then you have to use a needle to fill it. Sounds like that's what you have in hand (with the top cap and small plastic piece with 2 holes) you have to puncture the seal inside that little hole in the middle to get to the filler material. The regular style cartomizers (with the little white rubber plug in the top) can be filled either from the bottom using the rubber cart-condom method or by taking out the top and dripping down inside. There are videos showing both types of cartomizers being filled, you just have to look around for them.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Yup snubber is correct. Those are a bit trickier to fill. They where not made to be self filled though some suppliers sell them anyway. (Nothing wrong with that just a little extra work)

This method below should work

If you find afterwards that it is too full, take a tissue, place it over the top of the cartomizer and gently take a drag. Repeat until no more liquid exits. The tissue will suck up the extra e juice :)

Well, once again it looks like I waited long enough to see this so I didn't have to answer any questions (not that I'd be able to anyway), so I'll just welcome you to Vapor Talk. As you can see, your questions are answered here. Good luck with the filling/vaping.

I think I have the type of cartomizer that is going to need the syringe and the 'seal' broken. Each time I watch one of these videos I'm seeing just one hole for filling and the part you pop off the cartomizer is white.

This cartomizer is all black, all hard plastic, you use a pin to pull off the first hard plastic part and then there's a second hard plastic part with two tiny holes. Once you remove that it has one hole in the center but you still can't see the 'filler'.

I think I need to get a couple different cartomizers (recommend ones that work with the Joye eGo?) and do the syringe thing temporarily with this one. Ugh.

any cartomizers marked 510 will work with the eGo, i've used the boge low resistance, and dual-coil xl low resistance, both work quite well and are easy to fill. I personally use the drip down method, dripping along the sides (about 4 drops), setting it aside for a couple minutes to soak in, then dripping again, i repeat this process until there's a bit of leaking from the bottom, once that happens, i take a small piece of tissue paper, roll it into a tiny stick, and put it in the hole from the thread end and let it sit for a minute or so, takes it out, then i take a dry hit, if there's no gurgling, you're done, if there is, make another "tissue stick" and let it soak up the rest of the excess. once air flows freely through the cartomizer, it's ready to go. i keep 5 cartomizers filled at a time and rotate them out, once filled, i put the condoms back on to store in my case so the juice doesn't dry.

I used to use the condom fill method, but i found the cartomizers didn't last as long before i'd have to refill, plus it was far messier and wasted more juice. It is, however, a bit faster than the drip-down method.

Jon

@CDA -- I really don't know. The cartomizers, etc aren't marked. All I can tell you is I ordered it from the website listed above and that it's the started pack for the 'eGo Passthrough'.

@Jon -- is there a particular place that your order your cartomizers from? could you provide a direct link maybe?

@CDA -- I really don't know. The cartomizers, etc aren't marked. All I can tell you is I ordered it from the website listed above and that it's the started pack for the 'eGo Passthrough'.

@Jon -- is there a particular place that your order your cartomizers from? could you provide a direct link maybe?

I'm not Jon, but here: http://www.electronicstix.com/SPARE-PARTS/CARTOMIZERS/510-Series-Cartomizers-c54/

A lot of vendors sell Boge, so don't think I'm pushing you to shop here though. $7-8 for a 5 pack seems standard price.

I prefer the low resistance cartomizers.

Liberty Flights has a good description of them here: http://www.liberty-flights.com/product.asp?id=72

They are good people too.

Call first to make sure that they have the cartos in stock, even if the website says they do...they go really fast and I missed out on a shipment...but they were so nice not to charge me, sent a pack of 3.0 Ohm and 2 lr atomizers for free for my effort! Great customer service.

-C