Switch Atomizers?

Hey guys! I have a question on whether or not what I am thinking of doing is intelligent. I have never used a 901 atomizer, but noticed they are cheaper than 510's on vapor kings site. Is there anyone who has tried both and if so, does the 901 atty have the same lifespan as a 510, as in, does the atty last two weeks or a month or what (I am an EXTREMELY heavy vapor, and my 510 last 2 weeks average, some shorter and some longer).

If it doesn't last as long, I am not really as interested, since I am just trying to save some money (my vaping habit is getting REAL expensive, and it is holding me back from getting a mod).

The only atomizer other than 510 I have used is the one on the Blu, and the two I had both died within the same three day period.

I already read that the flavor is better than a 510 but it gives less vapor and TH, anyone got some comments on this?

I tried a 901 once, but didn't use it long enough to know how long it lasts. I tried it regular and at 5 and 6V and didn't like it. I didn't get much TH at all. I would guess if you've been using a 510 for a long time and like it, you won't care for the 901 so much. However, there are many 901 fans. As I always say, never hurts to try one. You know that VK does off the 510 in a bulk purchase pretty cheap (10 pack for $46.95).

PS - I also didn't see the big flavor boom that everyone says they get from the 901 vs. the 510.

Edited by Brian

The 901 atomizer has a dedicated base but I'm not a huge fan personally. The flavor, I suppose, would be a bit better because the ohm's are higher on a 901. So it doesn't burn quite as hot as a 510. But, you could get the same effect from using a cartomizer. Either way, it doesn't hurt to pick one up and see how you like it :)

I have some LR901 attys that I use (with an adapter) on my Provape. I like them okay. They do last about the same as the LR510 attys for me - about two weeks. I might get a bit less flavor from them, but since I don't get much flavor from anything, I can't say for sure. The vapor production is about the same as the LR510s.

I like the 901. They are just like any other atomizer when it comes to long lasting. The 901 is very different from the 510, cooler vapor and better flavor. You have to be real careful not to over drip with the 901. There is a hole on the side and it will leak. That really is the only downfall of the 901.

901's are great... and even better now that the Empire Drip Shield is available. You can get anything from the LR (1.5, 1.8, and 2.0) and on up. I really do enjoy them much more then before... I couldn't deal with the drip hole before... but now that is taken care of with the shield! The Cisco LR 901's with a 'drip shield' are a sweet setup! thumbsup.gif

Also, the IKV 901/ 1.8ohm attys are really nice as well!

IKV 901

CISCO ATTYS

DRIP SHIELDS

Edited by DAYVAPE

I tried a 901 once, but didn't use it long enough to know how long it lasts. I tried it regular and at 5 and 6V and didn't like it. I didn't get much TH at all. I would guess if you've been using a 510 for a long time and like it, you won't care for the 901 so much. However, there are many 901 fans. As I always say, never hurts to try one. You know that VK does off the 510 in a bulk purchase pretty cheap (10 pack for $46.95).

PS - I also didn't see the big flavor boom that everyone says they get from the 901 vs. the 510.

Yeah, the 510 bulk pack is what I got last time. The DSE901 bulk pack is even cheaper at $36.95 (Hey, ten bucks is ten bucks!). Which is the whole reason this debate started in my mind.

901's are great... and even better now that the Empire Drip Shield is available. You can get anything from the LR (1.5, 1.8, and 2.0) and on up. I really do enjoy them much more then before... I couldn't deal with the drip hole before... but now that is taken care of with the shield! The Cisco LR 901's with a 'drip shield' are a sweet setup! thumbsup.gif

Also, the IKV 901/ 1.8ohm attys are really nice as well!

IKV 901

CISCO ATTYS

DRIP SHIELDS

Saw those drip shields a little bit ago and wanted one. The 510-901-901-510 bridged adapter they sold made me want it more. Then I thought how not cool it would look on an eGo, lol.

Saw those drip shields a little bit ago and wanted one. The 510-901-901-510 bridged adapter they sold made me want it more. Then I thought how not cool it would look on an eGo, lol.

Actually, the drip shields look great on the eGo! They fit great right in place of the cone... no kidding! thumbsup.gif

I am surprised how much 901 love there is here. I personally was horribly disappointed by them. I thought the performance was dreadful but there are plenty of people on this thread who's opinion I respect that like them.

Moral of the story, you won't know until you give them a try.

Edited by Burn

Also, they have been coming out with a lot of newer/improved 901's, thus making them a better vape. For example, the new 'IKV 901' atty's, they are a great atomizer. Plus, they are being improved a lot and more now and offering more choices of ohm ratings.... from the LR up to the HR versions. thumbsup.gif

I got my 901 atties! Man, these lr atties are the freaking bomb! I am so sad though...When I first bought a 510 lr atty, it took me 3 weeks to get used to normal 510's again. I think I will never be able to quit using lr now. I love these atties so far, but I have to see about their longevity, so I might do a quick review after I see the life I get out of them. So far: VERY impressed. Good vapor, not really having a leaking problem so far, although I am using it on an eGo with the 510 cone, so it will prevent the leaks from coming out. I am over half an hour into this baby and there either was nearly no primer, or there was NO primer, because the flavor is just bursting (I think it is the same as a "broken in" 510 so far, so maybe they will get better/have no break in period?). If these babies last as long as my 510's, I found a new, cheaper alternative :D.

OMG! I just found out that these things don't heat up at the bottom like a 510, they heat up around the middle! For a chain vaper like me, this means I must be careful. I think I almost blew this atty already! Glad I felt a little burn before I kept vaping!

I have an SLB DSE-905 V4 e-cig which runs on a single 14500 battery, paired up with an SLB LR 901 Atomizer (1.7 ohm) and it's a really decent combination. But I feel I HAVE to use a Wide Mouth Drip Tip to bring out the flavor and the vapor. I would say that if you're already rocking a 510 setup, then just stick with it. I don't think there is anything to be gained or lost by switching to the 901, but if you're that curious just buy an atomizer and a 510-to-901 adapter and see for yourself which one you like better.

I use 1.7ohm LR901 atties as my staple choice. I must say that the Empire Drip Shields transform 901s - longer life and no leakage. An LR901 outperforms a 510 (regular or LR) on flavour by some distance in my view, and delivers very good hit (better than regular 510s but less than LR510s and 306s)

See: http://ukvapers.com/blog/9/entry-148-the-empire-drip-shield-part-1/

I have an SLB DSE-905 V4 e-cig which runs on a single 14500 battery, paired up with an SLB LR 901 Atomizer (1.7 ohm) and it's a really decent combination. But I feel I HAVE to use a Wide Mouth Drip Tip to bring out the flavor and the vapor. I would say that if you're already rocking a 510 setup, then just stick with it. I don't think there is anything to be gained or lost by switching to the 901, but if you're that curious just buy an atomizer and a 510-to-901 adapter and see for yourself which one you like better.

I bought a ten pack of 901 atties for less than $40 shipped. I then bought two 510-901 adapters for less than $5 shipped. The main reason I was thinking of switching was to save money (the 510's are ten bucks more). Only time will tell if they last as long as my 510's. If I get a single week out of each, they are worth it. I now want a drip shield though...