Sore Throat Caused By Vaping.

Hey all. Recently I've been getting a sore throat from vaping that has caused me to switched back to analogs. I've been using the e-cig without any analogs since just before last christmas and never had a problem till the last 2 weeks. When i vape my throat feels sore as if im really thirsty, but drinking does not help. I'm using Juice that is 24mg and a pg75/vg25 mix from a repuatible vendor. I'm Vaping from an ego. Perhaps i have a PG alergy? Ether way what im wanting is a reccomendation on a better liquid that will give me the throat hit i require but not cause me to put down vaping altogether.

thanks for your help!

If you are using high voltage or low resistance and inhaling straight to your lungs that would do it.You will just have to try an assortment of liquids to see what you like and can use.The reveiws are not very usefull in my opinion,I have never saw or read a bad one but I have never found a liquid I liked based on a reveiw,some I had to throw away .

Oops sorry for putting this in the wrong spot.

What do you mean by inhaling to your lungs? I've been inhaling the same way as i did with analogs. Guess i should just try any VG?

Oops sorry for putting this in the wrong spot.

What do you mean by inhaling to your lungs? I've been inhaling the same way as i did with analogs. Guess i should just try any VG?

Most of us have found that if we take long slow draws into the mouth and then inhale into our lungs, it works better. It is different than the way we used to inhale analogs.

Edited by CDATundra

Hello BKrebbs.

You could try just VG or a high mix of VG vs PG. The higher the volt the hotter the vapor. you could try a lower volt and less nic. Mint or a menthol could help too. I use that when I am sick so it does not aggravate my throat more. I hope this helps a little. However, Juice and flavor is a subjective to your personal likes and dislikes. I agree with Mcquinn, some reviews on juices I have tried said they where great. I ended up not liking them and had to give them away. Best of luck! biggrin.gif

I have been inhaling my vape the same way I did analogs. I haven't had any sore throat yet.

I have been having a bit of heartburn lately and I've been vaping for about 2 months. I

have acid reflux and I'm taking medication for it, but the feeling is not the same. As far

as juice goes, I think we all have our own tastes.

Cherie

Hey all. Recently I've been getting a sore throat from vaping that has caused me to switched back to analogs. I've been using the e-cig without any analogs since just before last christmas and never had a problem till the last 2 weeks. When i vape my throat feels sore as if im really thirsty, but drinking does not help. I'm using Juice that is 24mg and a pg75/vg25 mix from a repuatible vendor. I'm Vaping from an ego. Perhaps i have a PG alergy? Ether way what im wanting is a reccomendation on a better liquid that will give me the throat hit i require but not cause me to put down vaping altogether.

thanks for your help!

The LR attys are better for a throat hit, which is probably what you're feeling. I doubt it's the PG/VG mix, but honestly the only way to find out for sure is keep switching things up for a bit. I used a 1st generation 510 for over a year, then switched to the eGo-T and that was quite a difference on my throat hit feel. I alternate now with my eGo-T, a Prodigy and a Reo Grand. If I vape on my Reo for too long I can barely talk. I also keep my Camelbak water bottle with me everywhere I go as vaping just naturally dehydrates you anyway. I would imagine that your throat is just raw IMHO.

Good luck!

I have also noticed that the juices that were giving me good throat hit 2 weeks ago feel much less now. Perhaps i've just been vaping to much? Going to order some VG

I have been inhaling my vape the same way I did analogs. I haven't had any sore throat yet.

I have been having a bit of heartburn lately and I've been vaping for about 2 months. I

have acid reflux and I'm taking medication for it, but the feeling is not the same. As far

as juice goes, I think we all have our own tastes.

Cherie

I'm glad inhaling like that works for you. I guess it just goes to show we are all different.

Edited by CDATundra

So i picked back up the PV and used it exclusivly all day yesterday with no problems, even after i woke up today all was well. Then today after using it only a few times the sore throat flared up again. So i stopped and after around 3 hours i was fine. I'm still fairly convinced that its the PG, tomorrow I'll order some Juicy Vapor 50/50 mix.

Have you been vaping the same ratio the entire time or have you changed that recently and then got the sore throats? I wouldn't think that if you are using the same ratio as when you started then you shouldn't have sore throats now... assuming that you didn't have them since you started vaping. I'd say go with the 50/50 mixes as well and see how that works for you. Another couple questions... what atty are you currently using with your eGo?? And, have you ever tried a LR Cartomizer on your eGo?? They work really well for some people so maybe you could try one and see if that has a better 'hit' for you. I know, for me, I use cartos on a daily basis because I prefer the way they vape, the amount of juice they hold, the great vapor clouds they produce, and overall less of a mess than dripping a few drops on an atty every 30 seconds. Oh, and please tell me you aren't using the standard cartridges that come with new atomizers? Those things will get dry too fast and give a heck of a harsh hit when you least expect it... giving one a wonderful sore throat for a while! What is your vaping setup I guess is what I'm trying to say... lol. Are you a atty person or carto person?

Edited by DAYVAPE

Sounds like i might need some new gear and perhaps some nooby info too.

I am using the standard ego with the atty it came with. I have not yet tried carts at all (at least not since i first started with the crappy one from the mall.) I have not replaced the atty since i got the ego just after christmas. Perhaps a recommendation on a decent Cart or atty or something? I guess I dont really know if im a cart or atty person. I've been dripping for a while but that is because i thought that was the best way.

Something tells me that you are overdue for a new atty... they don't last forever and will eventually have a burnt/nasty taste when vaping. It's the coil getting to the point of no return and gunked up with nastiness. I would highly recommend trying either a new atomizer... or some cartomizers. Grab up a 5-pack and give em a go and see... only spend approximately the same as an atty, but come in a pack of 5. But, you for sure need to think about picking up a few atomizers to have on hand, you never know when one could go out on you either. I think that most people will replace them after 2-3 weeks... and some will make em go for a month or more. It just depends on how gunked up and blackened the coil has gotten. Because it will eventually taste like crap no matter what you do!

The atomizer experts will be here shortly I'm sure... I only use cartomizers when vaping, so I'm not of much help.

One of the forum members, Blake, has a nice informative newbie site:

Guide To Vaping

http://guidetovaping.com/category/general-guide/

Edited by DAYVAPE

If you have an eGo like I think you said you did... you would need these:

Best LR Cartos!

And $7.25 for a 5 pack isn't bad at all considering one carto will last me several days easily before it's time to get a new one out. They are meant to be disposable by the way... which is why they are fairly cheap. They come in black or stainless.

These are some of the best ones I have ever used... and have been very consistent as well. The ones you are looking at are for the 'KR808' model... you need to get ones for a '510' connection, which is what your eGo has. You COULD use them... but you would need to use certain adapters to do so, and that's just a bit of a hassle if you don't need to do so.

Tank attys are a completely different system for the eGo. You buy a 'Tank Atomizer' and it comes with a 'cartridge/mouthpiece' that holds ~1ml of juice. It then is poked down into the atty and is supposed to wick on to the coil. Some people like them... and others don't at all. I believe that the LR version of the tank attys work better than the standard ones though. The problem with those is they simply don't last very long before you need to clean them because they tend to get 'gunked up' so the juice doesn't wick properly. I didn't like them when I tried them... but never tried the LR ones. They were really quite weak in the flavor and throat hit departments for me. And I always got a funny plastic kind of a taste with it. But I new it wasn't something for me anyway... so I just went back to me trusty "Boge 510 LR Cartomizers"... with the silver threads of course! I have yet to find anything that works better than these cartos as of yet... and I have tried a bunch of different things that are available. Hope this helps!

I'd just go to one of the many reputable vendors out there and search for "Boge Cartomizers"...then you can pick the 'Standard Resistance' ones or the 'Low Resistance'(LR) ones... heck, give them both a shot and see which you prefer. Oh, one more thing i nearly forgot, if you don't have any 'Drip Tips' then do yourself a huge favor and grab some of those up as well. Most vendors out there sell them... they aren't hard to find at all. (remember, you need one to fit a '510/901' atty or carto. Those go right in place of the original cartridges that come on attys from the factory... and also work well on cartomizers too! When it's time to 'top off' with more juice you just take the drip tip off and drip in to the filler material till it's full again... then replace tip and VAPE AWAY! thumbsup.gif

OK, My rambling is now complete! Sorry that was so freakin' long!! wallbash.gif

Edited by DAYVAPE

Thanks so much! very helpful. ill make an order right now for some cartos and drip tips as well as a 50/50 mix to try. i replaced my atty this morning and gave it another go and i think it is better but its kinda hard to tell to be honest. ill respond again at the end of the day to fill you in on how it worked.

Thanks so much! very helpful. ill make an order right now for some cartos and drip tips as well as a 50/50 mix to try. i replaced my atty this morning and gave it another go and i think it is better but its kinda hard to tell to be honest. ill respond again at the end of the day to fill you in on how it worked.

I will say this... the higher the PG content in the juice, they better it will work in a cartomizer. 50/50 might be a bit too thick... I know it is for me and my back to back vaping that I do. I use/like 100% PG juices... which is nice since it works the best in the carto filler material. You might be alright with the 50/50 though... I've heard of others using it in them. You just might not be able to vape a bunch of times in a row... may need to rest and soak in a bit every 4 or 5 hits you take. Let me know how it goes... thumbsup.gif

I will say this... the higher the PG content in the juice, they better it will work in a cartomizer. 50/50 might be a bit too thick... I know it is for me and my back to back vaping that I do. I use/like 100% PG juices... which is nice since it works the best in the carto filler material. You might be alright with the 50/50 though... I've heard of others using it in them. You just might not be able to vape a bunch of times in a row... may need to rest and soak in a bit every 4 or 5 hits you take. Let me know how it goes... thumbsup.gif

I have used a 50/50 in the cartomizers with good results. You just have to be a bit more patient when filling a fresh carto. It takes a bit longer for it to absorb, but it vapes really well.

I have used a 50/50 in the cartomizers with good results. You just have to be a bit more patient when filling a fresh carto. It takes a bit longer for it to absorb, but it vapes really well.

Oh, I've tried it before as well, and it simply wouldn't keep the coil wet enough for how much I vape.

I think it makes some sense... if the juice is thinner it will more easily flow through the filler to the coil.

With the 100% PG that I vape daily I can vape like a madman one hit after another without needing to wait for the juice to re-absorb in the filler material. Not to mention the fact that PG carries the flavor much better than VG ever will! I like strong flavors and enjoy knowing that I'm taking a hit! VG tends to mute my juices too much for me... and lowers the throat hit as well. Can't have that happening to my two favorite things about vaping! Luckily... we all have very different experiences with the exact same item... and that is one of the great things about this 'vaping' thing we love so much! thumbsup.gif

(Note: This is simply my experience... yours may vary from mine!)