Makes Me Choke

JayLa

Ok so I am really new at this and have only tried it once. I bought an ecig at a smoke shop and every time I take a hit It makes me cough. It's like it's harsh in my throat. I love the concept of this because I would love to quit smoking. Also, what should I buy to start?? There's too much info. I want something very easy and stylish wouldn't hurt. :)

The eGo is usually the best way to go. The throat hit could be because of the high nicotine level. Usually when I let someone try an ecig for the first time and it's high in strengh, they'll cough. (You'll get used to it over time just like a cigarette) But going to a lower strengh almost always helps.

How many cigarettes to you smoke per day? If you smoke less than a pack, try 16/18mg first :)

My first "drag" on an e-cig yielded the same result, as I quickly learned the e-cig is NOT a cigarette and the technique is different. With an analog I inhaled deeply, drawing smoke and chemicals deep into my lungs with a long hard draw. With the e-cig I find I take a long draw, but the draw does not need the deepness of an analog draw. Try again with a slow and steady lighter draw, holding the vapor in the mouth, until the end of draw, then take it into the lungs.

You will quickly find the cough goes away with this slight chance in technique. Just about every smoker who has tried my e-cig does exactly the same thing - deep draw and cough cough. Despite my warnings!

I also agree with the eGO recommendation (stainless is quite stylish) and I began and broke the analog habit with the ego, I have moved on to mods and still have my eGO, but do not tend to use it so often anymore, but it was the device that began my movement.

Good luck and please ask any questions you might have.

I think you will like the eGo. It was my first and only e-cig. I love it. I might also suggest you get some Low resistance cartomizers. I am new to this and find that direct dripping provides way too much vapor for me! I end up coughing a lot. But have no trouble with the cartos. They are great to have for driving and times when direct dripping is inconvenient. Get several small bottle of different types of juice too. You'll be able to test flavors...ohh and get some pg and vg just to see if its the type of juice that adds to the cough. Some people find that they can't do one or the other.

Good luck.

-C

High PG (80% and above) made me cough. I've switched to a 60PG/40VG mix and am doing a lot better. I guess I'm not big on throat hit anymore.

Also, yeah--as hard as it is to lighten up on these because they taste so good--you do have to adjust your drawing technique with these. Slow and steady has been working great for me, and actually makes the flavor even more enjoyable.