You Don't Have To Quit Doing The Things You Love!

Just make the switch to a less harmful alternative. Countless times I have seen a new user post asking, "Can I quit smoking with electronic cigarettes." The official response is, " electronic cigarettes are not a smoking cessation product and have not been tested or guaranteed as such." Most people get around this by saying, "In theory, if you slowly reduced the nic content of your cart, then you could quit." I think the response should be, " You don't have to quit doing the things you love," as this would be more representative of the electronic cigarette culture. Ecigs afford us the ability to continue doing the things about smoking that we really enjoyed with out the harmful effects associated with the combustion of paper and leaves. I have found that it would be much harder to quit ecigs than it would be to quit traditional cigs. But why should I quit, I absolutely love it and I am not bothering the people I love anymore. Win, win!

I smoked for 30 years 2 1/2 packs a day...I quit 3 days after using the e-cig..It made me quit...never going back to analogs again.

That is awesome!! Do you think your lung function has improved? Do you think you will ever stop using ecigs? I don't see it happening for me.

It took me about 10 days or so to quit analogs after getting an ecig. I've only been 28 days, but my cough is gone and I think I'm breathing better. I've been smoking almost 45 years at least a pack a day or more so I'm a happy camper! I'm still using 18mg of nicotine but as far as I'm concerned vaping is the lesser of the addictions. I find I enjoy vaping alot. It doesn't stink up the house, my clothes or my car and I believe my health is improving. So it's working for me. :clap:

I smoked 1-2 ppd for 27 years. I tried to quit, one painful way after another and never succeeded. Now for the first time in my life I can honestly say I have ZERO desire to ever smoke again. I can breath so much better, my lung function has improved greatly and I'm enjoying being physically active where I was afraid of it before. Will I vape forever? I have no Idea, but I have no intention of stoping anytime soon. And I have cut my nic from 24mg to between 7-16 mg depending on my mood. Not bad in my mind.......Can e cigs help you quit smoking......I don't know, but it worked for me! Happy Vaping Beans! :thumbsup:

That is awesome!! Do you think your lung function has improved? Do you think you will ever stop using ecigs? I don't see it happening for me.

I can breath a lot better(taking longer puffs from the e-cig). I still get out of breath climbing stairs but it is getting better. will be 5 months this Saturday...I do not see myself quitting e-cigs anytime soon. I like it too much.

I am really diggin' all of your responses. Let me hear your stories! I was introduced to ecigs by a Smoke 51 kiosk. My wife would not let my spend $140 on an ecig. So I went home and Googled it and found Katy at thesmokelessshop.com. She was the bomb!! I spoke with her for over an hour about ecigs and I bought my first Mini(RN4075) from her. I stopped smoking immediately. After repeated attempts to go to work for Katy, I opened vaporguys.com with the hopes that I could provide an experience, similar to the one I had with Katy, to all new users. To some up the rest, I was screwed by Paypal and the FDA, got out of the business and went back to analogs. I am happy to say I found my way back to ecigs(and a new store). I hope that this story does not seem like spam to anyone, it is just my story.

Welcome fellow ohioan! I am only about 90 minutes from cinci! I am over 100 days in and no desire to smoke. I have recently started a rigorous workout program and am getting my butt kicked by women twice my age. I am sure my lung function will take a lot longer to be 100% but it is a heck of a lot better than it was.

I have noticed an increase in lung function but not as much as quitting smoking and vaping all together. Last year I was off cigs and the patch for 2 months. I was miserable and an emotional basket case. My family was secretly wanting me to start again so I would stop driving them nuts. During that time though my lungs felt great. I went from not being able to run a mile to being able to run 5 miles without stopping in just one week. Now I'm vaping and back in the gym 6 days a week. I'm getting in great shape lifting weights and eating healthy but 3 miles is about my max. on the treadmill. This may not be the case for everyone. Just wanted to give ya my take.

Edited by CASEACE79