New 2 Electronic Cigarettes

I suppose, if you've come to this thread, then you're looking for some insight on these very interesting electronic cigarettes or maybe you're here just for a good ol' fashion read. Whatever the case may be, sit back, hush up and enjoy the jumble of words that have escaped from my fingertips.

When you first stumble upon electronic cigarettes, many thoughts could be rushing into mind, such as "How do they work?", "Is it harmful?", and "Can this really help me quit smoking?". Well, their is a simple solution to most of your questions, however, experience... experience like anything is where it's at. Reading this forum and asking questions is your first step. When I first joined this community, I was a bit intimidated, not by it's members or it's presence, but by more of the vast amount of content and information that I was going to have to learn. Don't be as I was, don't get intimidated. Take your time, read the noob section and learn as you go.

If you already have an electronic cigarette or if you're reading up a bit to learn more about it before you make your purchase, then trust me when I say this... You are at the right place. When you're new to electronic cigarettes, things can be a bit overwhelming and you just aren't sure what electronic cigarette to purchase or you may be unsure if you've purchase the right electronic cigarette. No matter what your current case may be, just with anything else, you have to start out somewhere. As you know, you learn more, you progress and you move onto to bigger and better things. That time will come, but for now, read the reviews on as many electronic cigarettes on this forum as you can and then *you* decide what is best for yourself. "With experience, comes knowledge... With knowledge comes wisdom."

Before we continue with this what you can call guide, please note that I'm no teacher nor am I a master pro of electronic cigarettes. I'm simply a noob expressing what I've learned. You can call me something more of a mental motivator. Motivation, yes, that is correct. I've absolutely fallen in love with electronic cigarettes and if my words, text or content can motivate you to drop the tobacco cigarette and start vaping with a healthier lifestyle, then motivating you is what I will do. Don't mistaken my motivation for forcing you or telling you that you have to stop smoking and start vaping, but take it from me when I say this... Right now, right this very moment and the 37 days leading up to it, I've felt pure out just fuckng fantastic! Excuse my language, but living healthier for my wife, myself and most of all my kids, has put me into an upward spiral of happiness. "Happiness is within you. When you stop the chatter of the mind and expel your worries and fears you find out that happiness surfaces from within you." (quote by Remez Sasson)

An electronic cigarette is a cool device, but to be quite frank with you, it's brilliant. For something, a device so small, yet so powerful in satisfaction, you would think they would be really expensive, but they aren't. I know, weird right? Something so simple, but has the power to save your life, to me it's absolutely priceless. What I mean by saving my life is that when you are smoking tobacco cigarettes, you are destined for health issues. You may not have issues now with smoking, but if you keep it up, it very well could happen. I'm not looking to scare you, but it's definitely something to think about. Look at those around you, the people your smoking effects. I would smoke tobacco cigarettes at my door, blowing it outwards away from inside my house, but still, that smell sticks to your fingers, your clothes and your mouth. When my son or my daughter comes to give daddy some smooches, I definitely didn't want them having to with-stand the strong smell from all of those chemicals that daddy inhaled, just... just for a kiss. However, I couldn't help it, I was addicted. I was addicted to these tobacco cigarettes that in more ways than one, was destroying my life and again, could eventually be the demise of... me. So, maybe you think I'm a bit over dramatic, but that is why I say electronic cigarettes saved my life.

By this point, if you're even still reading and for those of you who are still reading, I thank you. Don't be alarmed and don't try to push them, but eventually one day, those who didn't continue will come back and read the rest. All we can or I can say for now is, I've put my words down and I've put my effort in, and if anything, I've become useful. "What is the meaning of life? To be happy and useful."

Thanks to Chris and BirdDog. You've both become an inspiration and a friend. Thank you for giving me and all the rest of the community somewhere to learn, socialize and voice ourselves.

(By the way... I kinda like writing, as you can tell. Please excuse my grammatical errors.)

Blake, Thank you for putting into words how you feel about e-cigs. Your post is motivational and a refreshing read. I wish you continued success for yourself and your family.

Like you, I love vaping, talking about vaping, and reading about vaping. Vapor Talk Forum, Chris, and all the wonderfully supportive members have helped me make my experience vaping so much more fulfilling and enjoyable.

• 2 years later...

100% loved this post. When I first thought of buying an electronic cigarette I will admit I was totally overwhelmed, and I still am when it comes to what to buy and how much and how to do certain things with the e-cig. But stumbling across this site was a game changer. This place is perfect for the newbies, like me, to learn and to be able to ask questions without feeling like we are going to be talked down to, or feel embarrassed like we should know it already. Anyways, thanks again for posting. And thanks to everyone at Vapor Talk!