Dripping And Shipping

Austin

I have a few questions. First off, how often should I expect to replace my atomizer? I know that they're unpredictable and that you can never really tell how long they will last (DOA to a year, depending on luck), but on average would a month be in the ballpark of how often I should expect to order new replacements?

Which brings me to another question; shipping to Canada. I've decided I'm probably going to go with mikeusa, and they use UPS Priority. I assume they're shipping from America, so how long should I expect to wait? If there's anyone else from Canada where who has ordered with them, how long did you wait?

Joye 510:

Direct dripping is when you drip around 3 drops directly onto the atomizer. How many puffs should I expect to take before I have to drip again? What happens if I misjudge and run the atomizer dry? And lastly, if I'm using a cartridge (with ejuice in it), can I still easily direct drip? And should I?

Thanks so much.

Edited by Austin

Its a good idea to have 3-4 atomizers on hand for just in case. I usually order a couple a month. currently have about 10 (maybe more ) on hand --just in case !!!

No help with shipping canada, sorry.

Dripping = 2-3 drops to atomizer is good for about 6-8 draws. dripping does require more frequent steps, but for me anyway, Its worth it. you can drip 2 drops to the atomizer and replace the cart with liquid in it and you will be good to go. if you use a cart with filler and liquid, you won't have to drip quite as often.

When the flavor changes or gets a burnt taste you need more liquid. if you are dripping its hard to run the atty too dry--the taste is horrendous. You will quickly learn the flavor/vapor changes and when to drip. Honestly, I don't even think about it much anymore, its just becomes routine.

The "average" lifespan of an atty is one month, but it can be anywhere from one day to a few months, too. I've personally never had an atty last more than two months, but I am a heavy vaper. Also, with the LR attys, it's more like two weeks lifespan. Never feel so secure that you only have two attys on hand. Once the first one goes, you start with the second and feel like you have a month or so to reorder, but if that second atty goes in just a couple of weeks, you are without a way to vape until a new order comes in. I have a huge stock of attys - plus a few batteries, an extra charger (or two) and lots and lots of juice. It's better to have too much of any vaping supply than to end up not having enough.

have you been de-wicking and de-bridging your attys?

that's taking out the sting things and the metal bridge that makes contact with carts?

in my experience doing this made any atty in to a direct drip god but shortened its life span, especially if it was a low resistance.

have you been de-wicking and de-bridging your attys?

that's taking out the sting things and the metal bridge that makes contact with carts?

in my experience doing this made any atty in to a direct drip god but shortened its life span, especially if it was a low resistance.

How do u, and what exactly is "de-bridging" an atty?!?!

J.Griffin

Debridging is when you take the bridge out of your atty, which is all that metallic mesh and support that you see inside. You can also dewick, which is when you remove the silicon stuff sandwiched between the bridge and atomizer coil.

Personally I find that taking these out has greatly improved my attys, getting better flavor and vapor. It also allows for quicker flavor changes as liquid no longer accumulates on the mesh or wick. Others say there is no difference, so YMMV. One of my standard resistance joye 510 attys is still going strong after 2 months dewicked/debridged and an LR 306 is still going well after 3 weeks. Both being used only at 3.7v though. One issue I've found is that they do leak abit more... Hurry up dripshield!

Here's a great video how to:

As the video states, shouldn't be using debridged attys if you use carts, only if you drip.

Debridging is when you take the bridge out of your atty, which is all that metallic mesh and support that you see inside. You can also dewick, which is when you remove the silicon stuff sandwiched between the bridge and atomizer coil.

Personally I find that taking these out has greatly improved my attys, getting better flavor and vapor. It also allows for quicker flavor changes as liquid no longer accumulates on the mesh or wick. Others say there is no difference, so YMMV. One of my standard resistance joye 510 attys is still going strong after 2 months dewicked/debridged and an LR 306 is still going well after 3 weeks. Both being used only at 3.7v though. One issue I've found is that they do leak abit more... Hurry up dripshield!

Here's a great video how to:

As the video states, shouldn't be using debridged attys if you use carts, only if you drip.

Doh! proceed with caution. I don't know if it was just the atty's time, but my boge 306 barely vapes at all after doing this. it actually works ok when almost dry, but tastes awful, and as soon as I top it off it's can't heat up one drop of liguid, so doesn't work. This probably isn't the case with a standard atty (should have tried that first), but if your using a 306 you may have problems.

I personally can't comment on de-bridging an atty, but I do de-wick them. I also dry burn the coils when they start getting gunked up with old juice. I do find that the atty's last longer and taste so much better when I preform regular maintenance.

If you are going to direct drip, you need to get a drip tip.

How many draws you get off of 3 drips is going to depend on the ohms of your atty and the amount of PG/VG your juice base is. With a de-wicked LR atty, using 80 PG/ 20 VG, the first time using, I drip at least 4 - 5 drops the first time. Since the atty is dry, the first drop or two primes the atty. After the atty is primed and I have used it, I only have to drop 3 drops on the atty and I get at least 5 good long draws, 8 draws if I am hitting it like a lady (not usually the case though), vaping at 5v. I think it is also important to take into consideration what volt you are vaping at to determine how many drawls you are going to get off of the number of drops. If I am using my 3.7 ego battery, I get more mileage out of my juice.