Menthol Question

crk0756

Hello,

My question is this Recently my fiance and i quit smoking. She is a Benson and Hedges Deluxe ultra light menthol smoker. I have been chewing tobaco and smoking since i was 9. (32 years ago). What E liquid is comparable for the benson and hedges for her. I can get along with anything..., but want something that she will be pleased with and want to vape...

None of it will taste exactly like a cigerette.The best advice I can give you is try small quantities of several and see what strikes you.As far as menthol goes I would try mixing a few drops on menthol liquid in with a tobacco flavor for a more realistic taste.I personally like VT tobacco and Dekang USA Red and CML or Desert Ship.

Hello,

My question is this Recently my fiance and i quit smoking. She is a Benson and Hedges Deluxe ultra light menthol smoker. I have been chewing tobaco and smoking since i was 9. (32 years ago). What E liquid is comparable for the benson and hedges for her. I can get along with anything..., but want something that she will be pleased with and want to vape...

to be honest, you're gonna have a hell of a time finding something that tastes exactly like any one particular premade cigarette. i'd say try a bunch of different vendors, and see what she likes best, but don't shy away from other flavors.

I bought a couple sampler packs, which contained menthol, and i'm not into menthol, so if you're interested in trying different ones, i've got like 6 bottles you can have. let me know

Jon

None of it will taste exactly like a cigerette.The best advice I can give you is try small quantities of several and see what strikes you.As far as menthol goes I would try mixing a few drops on menthol liquid in with a tobacco flavor for a more realistic taste.I personally like VT tobacco and Dekang USA Red and CML or Desert Ship.

ah man, that's the second time today you've gotten your reply in just seconds before mine, lol

to be honest, you're gonna have a hell of a time finding something that tastes exactly like any one particular premade cigarette. i'd say try a bunch of different vendors, and see what she likes best, but don't shy away from other flavors.

I bought a couple sampler packs, which contained menthol, and i'm not into menthol, so if you're interested in trying different ones, i've got like 6 bottles you can have. let me know

Jon

/quote]

Sounds great, would love to see what you have that might be worthwhile for her....

Ditto what's already been said concerning the difficulty of matching the flavor of an analog. But being a longtime Newport smoker, I've recently found and have become quite impressed with the selection of various menthols offered by Halo (http://www..com/). Perhaps you can find an acceptable menthol flavor there.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

My firs order was from vaporsetc, and I was pretty impressed with their menthol flavors, I was also a menthol smoker.... But now I vape sweeter flavors and coffee flavors. ;) you'll likely find that your taste will change once you get off tobacco.

I've found that the taste and smell of tobacco smoke now disgusts me.

Vape on!

• 2 weeks later...

I seen that in China they have Marlboro, Winston, and even Dunhill flavor drops.. i'm not sure if a Benson and Hedges flavor exists but you might want to try and search for it because it might exist.

And you may not think it sounds good right now... but I am pretty much into fruit flavors w/ menthol added! It is really good... I would highly recommend you give it a go after you try the tobacco flavors and realize that most of them don't compare to the real thing. It's just not something easily done since we are no longer actually 'burning tobacco'. One of the fun things about vaping is trying all the different flavors and combinations that are out there. There is a really great product out there that a lot of vendors sell and that is 'menthol drops'. It's highly concentrated menthol that you can add small amounts of to your existing juices to give it that excellent menthol 'punch'! thumbsup.gif

• 3 years later...

I was a long time Benson and Hedges Menthol Ultra Lights smoker and had a very difficult time making the transition from analogs solely because I could not find a menthol ejuice to replicate the taste. I found one that isn't exact but was close enough to get me to quit analogs completely 10 months ago with no desire for them. The only ejuice so far I've found was the IFILL Menthol 12mg. I've purchased it on www.Mayaecigarette.com

I wish others carried this ejuice so I can freely buy it anywhere but it's not always so easy to find locally so I just guy it online. Cost isn't bad at about $6.95 for 15ML. If you buy 10 it's $1.00 off each bottle and there's always coupons for Mayaecigarette.com but it may just be for your first order. I know this blog was started a long time ago but you may want to try it. If there is anyone out there with a better Menthol Ejuice, feel free to post. Always looking for that perfect taste. This one comes very close.

I agree with the posts above. You won't find anything that tastes exactly like a cig. Try a few tobacco flavors from different vendors, to find something you like.

The tobacco-menthol flavors from The Plume Room and from Ginger's E-Juice are my personal faves.

Mt. Baker Vapor come highly recommended, and I can attest that after steeping for some time their tobacco juice is pretty good. But I`v never been a menthol guy so I don`t have personal experience on that. But, MBV does have a few menthol flavored tobaccos.

As has been mentioned, and this is the kicker, you`ll find that your taste buds go through so many changes in the first few months its not even funny at times, so there is no telling what you`ll wind up REALLY, I mean REALLY liking.

As with anything, tastes are so personal. I searched for a good Red flavor and never found one that suited me. On the suggestion of a great lady at the vape shop I totally got away from tobacco flavors. She jumped me up to 24mg/ml on some great fruit/drink flavors. It was just the kick I needed to stop tobacco.

I accidentally ordered a juice the other day that has a hint of tobacco and it tasted terrible. This is such a strange thing since I loved my smokes! After smoking for 28 years at 2+ packs a day, I now can't stand the tobacco flavors!

Like I said, this worked for me. It may not help you, but I just thought I would throw it out there!

Good Luck with your journey!

Personnally I mix flavors with another minty one to get that fresh finish like a menthol does. I dont see why you wouldnt be able to do that with a tabacco flavored juice to get a similar taste as what she had with her cigs! just gotta find the right tabacco flavor and the right ratio for it not to be a winter rush in the mouth haha

I never smoked menthol analogs however I like menthol ejuice. I use a tobacco flavored juice named Captain EJuice along with a few drops of menthol. I also frequently add a few drops of grape to it. The grape doesn't taste good alone, but a few drops mixed in is good.

I'm also new to vaping, about 6 weeks now. Quit cigs about a week ago finally. All I can say is vaping worked for me when cutting down and cold turkey didn't. I smoked virginia slims menthol light. When I went to vaping I definitely didn't want it to taste like a cig for some reason. I went with fruit favors but my local shop makes their own juice and they have a cool menthol that I do love. They also do a cinnamon called fireball that I really like too. Your wife may find something she likes other than a tobacco ejuice and still give her the satisfaction she's looking for. Tell her to try a little of everything. Good luck to you and your wife! I was actually shocked at how vaping gave me the calming satisfaction like a cig would.

Also read everything on this board and you will learn a lot!

Doc

• 4 weeks later...

Hi welcome and your post reminded me of a funny story from years ago when I was working in a local grocery store to help pay for University. I can't remember who told it but maybe a colleague or cig salesman but anyway goes like this: Customer comes into the shop and asks for a pack of Benson & Hedges. Clerk: Regular or menthol? Customer: Menthol Clerk: Regular, lights or ultra lights?

Customer: ummmm Ultra lights I think, it's for the wife. Clerk: Ok hard pack or soft? Customer: Oh screw it give me a pack of Luckies.

I was a menthol cigarette smoker for 25 years. While I usually rolled my own (a bag of 4 Aces "Mint" and 200 count box of Gambler Menthol tubes), I would sometimes buy Kool, Marlboro or Camel Jades. I have yet to find anything that is exactly like a menthol cigarette of any particular brand, but I have found two things that are close.

AquaVMax Cocoa Mint in a dripper or a good old fashioned DSE901 tastes almost exactly like a Camel Jade. It's minty with that chocolaty under tone and if you get it at 26mg strength, it makes for a good alternative.

http://www.aquavaporcig.com/AquaVMax-eLiquid-CocoaMint.html

The other one is NWVapors DAKool Menthol. Not exactly like a menthol cigarette, but a pretty good facsimile of natural flavors without the burning combustion.

http://www.nwvapors.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10_26_28&products_id=315

• 3 weeks later...

I was a frustrated vapor initially because I was trying to find something like a cigarette. But vaping is an alternative not a replacement, if that makes sense.

Find flavors you like in the real world rather tobacco flavors, then the sky is the limit with everything from peppermint to pastry flavors.

Have fun and experiment. If you have a B&M close by, they probably have free taste testing.

• 4 months later...

Ditto what's already been said concerning the difficulty of matching the flavor of an analog. But being a longtime Newport smoker, I've recently found and have become quite impressed with the selection of various menthols offered by Halo (http://www..com/). Perhaps you can find an acceptable menthol flavor there.

+1 on Halo. The HX3 tastes like a light menthol cigarette. You can order a sample pack of menthol flavors from Halo as well.

Add me to the list of those who both smoked menthol and were looking for something that mimiced the taste and sensation. The idea of inhaling something like lemoade, raspberry lemoade, blueberry pie or ice cream sundaes simply didn't appeal to me.

The only thing the b&m where I got my first setup had that even has menthol in it was a lemon flavor. But it ended up simply being mind blowing. Since then, I have kept an open mind and tried other flavors. Some good, some not so good.

My advice, even as a noob, is to give non-menthol a shot. Every b&m I've been into has been more than happy to let me sit and sample flavors for as long as I wanted. Sure, there are certain flavors I look for when I check out their menus, but I also try to step outside my comfort zone and try somethig that I don't think I'll like.

Just food for thought.

Halo does have a nice line of menthol that many people like. I can't do menthol, but I like their Belgium Cocoa. I'm not a huge Mt Baker Vapor fan, but their Thug Juice, Moo Juice, and Blue Moo are good. I guess my favorite company is Nicoticket; they make their own NET tobacco extract, and put their in house vanilla in many flavors. Their Custards Last Stand, and Wakonda, and Absolute Creme Brulee are great. Plus, they are thick and don't burn away quickly. Grandmaster by Five Pawns is delicious after a 2 month steep; their Bowdens Mate is similar to an Andes Mint, and I like it occasionally...a menthol lover would like it, I think.