Do You Ever Feel Like An Analog And What Do You Do When You Want One

Hi all,

Do you ever feel like you need an analog?, and what do you do when you feel as though you need one?

The reason I ask is vaping right now doesnt seem to be working with me I have just vaped through a fully charged 510 bat and still feeling like I need a real ciggy.

I even just brushed my teeth again hoping it will make me not want an analog but that didnt work?

it took me a solid week to ween off them, i recommend to everyone who starts to vape vs smoke is

FIGURE OUT WHAT YOUR BEST CIGARETTE IS- mine was my 1st thing in the morning smoke. still have it, but it only. after a week your taste buds will start to heal, and you will prefer vaping vs smoking. hope this helps you, it has helped the 4 others i converted

i played around with all the tooty fruity flavors, i vape tobacco flav all day now, 6+ months in and loving it

Edited by Kingbtheone

ive been vaping for ages

its the first time this has ever happend to me

ever since i had that caramel latte for breakfast I cant stop craving an analog my finger is glued to the button and my lip is glued to the cart.

Don't beat yourself up! Smoking has/had a HUGE hold on all of us. I know people who don't vape and gave up the sticks years ago and even now they say they feel like a smoke every now and then. I guess we still have vaping to 'get us through', so to speak.

When I first began vaping, I was EXTREMELY proud and amazed at the fact that I immediately dropped from a very heavy smoker, down to just 2 a day. The very first one in the morning and the last one at night. I never felt like one through the day at all. Then I fell off the vaping wagon for various reasons and went back to the horrid things full time for a few months.

This time around, whilst I am enjoying vaping (when it just works!), I have not managed to get myself down to those 2 sticks a day. I still have an analogue more often than I'd rather and I am very disappointed in myself. But I have figured that if I push on I will kick these horrible nasty critters eventually and that's my goal.

Geez, you are doing far better than me, so just pat yourself on the back and remember these cravings will come and go for years perhaps. Ignore the little buggers and show them you are stronger than they are. :thumbsup:

the only time i want an analog is when i'm in the presence of a friend who still smokes them. i usually just vape hard to curb that craving, but ever so often i'll indulge in an analog and promptly remember how nasty they are and have no desire to do so again. i've probably smoked 5 analogs in the past 8 months.

There are some things that can trigger the urge. About a month into vaping and while eating a piece of chocolate I got this most intense urge to smoke... I swear I could feel it though my whole body. Luckily I had a 5V PT and was able to vape through it. It took several month for me until all the cravings stopped. What worked for me: Vape heavily. LOL!

ive been vaping for ages

its the first time this has ever happend to me

ever since i had that caramel latte for breakfast I cant stop craving an analog my finger is glued to the button and my lip is glued to the cart.

try direct dripping on your atty. Packs that extra kick I need when I feel a craving like that. I didn't get that nicotine rush from vaping until I purchased a 306 atty, and drip tip for my ego. does the trick for me anyway. I barely use my carts anymore, except when driving, and even then...

I remember in the past when I quit smoking, I would be great until like 3-6 months into it and then all of a sudden the cravings would get CRAZY! I am only 100 days in right now, and still doing OK. There have been some really tense moments when stuff was happening in my life when I really wanted one, but I just vaped like a crazy woman and got through.

Ive been vaping 24mg since I quit, so far no urge to pick up the analog... and I smoked 2 packs a day. My Fiance still will smoke 1 to 2 analogs a day, and states she misses the "taste". Everyone is different, so there will be differences between us all. I have been chewing, dipping, or smoking since I was 9... (sometimes smokless and analog at the same time while at bars, stress, etc..) a long time ago, and find that as long as there is Nic, I am ok....

For me, when I crave an analog, I'll vape for a bit, try to distract myself, and most of the time the craving goes away. There are times that it doesn't, so I allow myself a few drags of the analog. I'm not beating myself up about it-I've been smoking a pack a day for 10+ years, and since I started vaping, I've only had one or two analogs a day (if any). My Dad smoked for 30+ years, hasn't smoked in the last 5 years, and he STILL craves a cigarette every now and then. I think for some of us, those cravings never really disappear completely, but vaping can def take the edge off.

Until I found this forum I was having a real hard time with wanting analogs. After reading thru lots of threads I learned I wasn't even vaping right, I was drawing on my 510 the same as if I was smoking. Just vaping right has been a big help for me.

Following some of the good advice by others here I got two 510-T addys with tanks and some tobacco flavored juice. That's helped too, the tanks are easier to deal with than that filler. Today I decided to bring in the big guns. I ordered an ego-T kit. This will give me more options. My 510 addys can be used to drip if I want a lot of flavor. Dripping is another thing I learned here, I'd heard of it but had no idea how to do it.

You all have given me new hope that I can finally ditch the analogs. But I'm weaning myself off of them. Today I had two, one after breakfast and one after dinner. Just stopping cold is a frightening thought, I've smoked for about sixty years. But don't try to figure out my age from that, I started smoking years before I was born.

I received my Joker around June 2010. It wasn't until I moved to a 5volt device that I was able to stop smoking. I now use 5 volt or LR attys. It made all the difference for me. Every once in a while I will start getting a craving. I will start one and can't even finish it because it tastes gross now. I vape a lot and only direct drip. I don't have any apologies for how much I do this. It was a struggle for me, but getting a 5 volt devise an moving to LR attys when not using 5 volt was the key for me.

It was harder for me in the beginning than now. I think I had the same mindset as many do switching to vaping. I thought it would be as if nothing had changed. Vaping is different. I was so pissed when I figured this out. The truth is that some days are hard. Some days it doesn't matter what flavor it is or what nic strength it is. I want a damn cigarette. When you have those days it's all about your resolve to stay off analogs. Just keep vaping and tell yourself that ya can have one tomorrow. Just know that the longer you stay off the cigs the fewer the cravings will be. Just my 2 cents. Hope this helps.

I wanted one the other day. I just go and pick up my ecig and think about how much I am saving by not going to get a pack of analogs. Then I think of the smell on my clothes and in my car and go yuck! Then I stop myself. Plus I also think of my daughter who is pregnant and wants me to quit for my grandchild and that definitely puts the brakes on for me.