My Friend Vapes Too Much

3-4 times a day is a very very light vaper. So I can see why perhaps her higher usage may seem to you as overkill. Unless it's effecting her life, family and overall well being, I don't see an issue with it.

Most cigarette users will smoke 10-11 puffs off of a cigarette in a short period of time. Heavy cigarette users will smoke every 30 minutes. (Given the chance, give or take) That's about 20-25 puffs an hour. Vapers, though I'm not sure why (I do the same thing) tend to take constant puffs over a long period of time rather than short burst cycles. So, if she smoked 2 cigarette an hour, when vaping she'll probably takes a puff every 2 - 2.5 minutes. Essentially she is keeping her nicotine level at a constant level.

Upping her nicotine may cause her to vape less, but essentially, she'll get the same amount of nicotine with half the work. That may make you feel better because she's vaping less, but the nicotine content is the same. It's purely appearance.

If she has just switched to vaping, her body is still dependent on many chemicals that are not in e cigarettes. Her body is probably craving those chemicals. After a short period of time, she'll probably balance out and vape less. From there, she can step down to a lower nicotine strength.

Basically what you're asking is for a caffeine addict to drink from a smaller cup with more shots rather than a larger cup with less shots. It's the same thing. Again, unless it's effecting her life, family and overall well being, she'll balance out and be just fine. :)

I'd hate to beat a dead horse so to speak, but I'd like to see the original posters thought after hearing what everyone had to say. It seems like the person can dish it out but doesn't want to take heat for idiotic comments about their friends. :veryangry:

This was rather obvious from the get-go, but to be fair... perhaps she didn't think things out before making her post? But seriously!.... sniffing juice? I just can't seem to get past that. LOLOLOL!!!

3-4 times a day is a very very light vaper. So I can see why perhaps her higher usage may seem to you as overkill. Unless it's effecting her life, family and overall well being, I don't see an issue with it.

Most cigarette users will smoke 10-11 puffs off of a cigarette in a short period of time. Heavy cigarette users will smoke every 30 minutes. (Given the chance, give or take) That's about 20-25 puffs an hour. Vapers, though I'm not sure why (I do the same thing) tend to take constant puffs over a long period of time rather than short burst cycles. So, if she smoked 2 cigarette an hour, when vaping she'll probably takes a puff every 2 - 2.5 minutes. Essentially she is keeping her nicotine level at a constant level.

Upping her nicotine may cause her to vape less, but essentially, she'll get the same amount of nicotine with half the work. That may make you feel better because she's vaping less, but the nicotine content is the same. It's purely appearance.

If she has just switched to vaping, her body is still dependent on many chemicals that are not in e cigarettes. Her body is probably craving those chemicals. After a short period of time, she'll probably balance out and vape less. From there, she can step down to a lower nicotine strength.

Basically what you're asking is for a caffeine addict to drink from a smaller cup with more shots rather than a larger cup with less shots. It's the same thing. Again, unless it's effecting her life, family and overall well being, she'll balance out and be just fine. :)

This is exactly how I vape and I've had many people say I am more addicted to my PV than I was to the fags. Not true! I'm over trying to explain, so no longer bother. Yeah, I do have the thing hanging from my mouth more often than not. But I am on a much lower nic level and I never actually have a 'vaping session' as long as what it would take me to smoke a cigarette. That's just the way it goes I guess.

LOL! Looks like you've been well and truly told!

I agree... who are you to judge? Heck.... you SNIFF juice? Ummmm, who has the real problem here?

Lmao at that one. So true!

I vape constantly.. Especially if I'm at home. I do get a lot of comments that I vape too much and I get defensive. But forget them. I am so much happier and healthier now :) And I don't smell like crap. :thumbsup: Vape on!

• 4 weeks later...

I hate to bring this back up but I have a tendency to get busy and forget to sign on. I feel like I am being attacked here, I just needed your advice that was all. My friend's children are after her to quit vaping completely. She flat out told me that even with vaping she can't breathe, which I find that when I vape alot I can't breath too much either. I am just worried about my friend that is all. Her mother who was a nurse is after her to quit vaping. I just wanted her to go up on the mgs, I know she won't quit and I am not forcing her to.

She herself has told me that she uses it too much and looks like a crack addict. I was just hoping that some of you can help me to find a way to get her to up her mgs from 18 to a higher level. I am just a friend trying to look out for another friend that I hold very dear and close to my heart. I have known her for 28 years now and I just want to help her out.

As for me smelling that juice, I just like the way it smells, it smells like pipe tobacco. ( I have always loved that scent, since I was a little girl) I don't do it that often maybe once a week. It is just like smelling a flower to me. I vape too and like it but I don't need the nicotine so I don't do it often.

As for that pacifier comment.. I hold my ecig in my hand and not use it, I just know that it is there. Yep it is a pacifier for me too and I will not put it down. I hold it mainly when I am driving... that was the worst time for me when I smoked. I told my husband that I don't vape from it, I just feel the need to hold it. Boy did he get mad at me for that comment. When I hold the ecig I don't have the urge to take a puff from it. Mentally I just know that it is there when I need it.

Edited by savanahrose

Savanahrose, Please don't get your feelers hurt too bad. I think you got the reaction you did because it's much like when people would tell us to stop smoking. We all HATE being told that and it never did anyone any good to nag. It Just makes us defend our right to do as we please. And as far as vaping too much....Most of us do and being adults it's our choice. We don't feel that were hurting others and it's our way of coping with everything. I appreciate your concern about your friend and understand your fears but she will do what she needs to do.

Good luck in life and your journey.

I used to loathe being nagged about smoking-someone would nag me about smoking so I would get irritated and smoke even more.(I have a very rebellious nature) I am utterly addicted to vaping-but I'm okay with that. If your friend is not okay with being addicted to a PV, she is the only one in control of her own behavior, and therefore the only one who can change it. The best thing you can do is be the good friend that you are, and be supportive.

Beans, I know how it feels to have someone to tell me how to quit, it is very irksome and it makes you want to keep on smoking. But I was not telling people here to quit vaping or to cut down. It is just that she vapes so much that her kids are after her, her mother is after her and she keeps wearing out her ecigs, batteries and have to keep buying new ones. She also told me that her chest hurts her more now than when she was smoking. She told me that it was a pain in the behind to fill them up. She waits until she is completely out and then for some reason she said that she has to wait for 24 hours to use them. she only fills them up halfway and then waits the 24 hours then finishes it. To me that just sounds so screwed up. That part does not make any sense to me whatsoever. She has the vapor4life product, so if anyone can tell me if she is doing something wrong or what and what can be done to help her with her product I would appreciate it.

I would offer to buy her a Riva 1100 but I can't right now. I think she would be better off with the Riva 1100 with the bigger battery life. First I have to buy my mother one for her birthday. :thumbup:

Soldiersangel I did that too, whenever my husband was after me to quit smoking.

Edited by savanahrose

• 1 month later...

If she was a chain smoker before, it only stands to reason she chain vapes. I do. And I ENJOY it. What fun would life be if we all did the same thing and fell in with each others way of thinking?

Boring.

Ultimately its HER choice. She may just be saying otherwise to pacify you. And I too loose my stuff everywhere. Found one under the bed after searching the house for days!

Sorry, but I think she might be yanking your chain a bit! There's no way in hell that her 'chest hurts worse now than it did when she was a chain smoker'... I simply do not believe that to be the truth at all! Ask anyone of us, and we will tell you how our lungs cleared out all the tar and crap that had settled in them, leaving us feeling much better than before. I just think that statement was rubbish in all honestly... it's not even smoke hitting our lungs now, it's basically just PG/VG/Nic in whatever ratios. You can't tell me that's worse for me than the crap I was putting in them when I smoked? The majority of us are also 'chain vapers', mainly because we can vape pretty much anywhere now! You would also find that the MANY of us sit in front of our computers for extended periods of time, usually with a PV in hand, and countless other 'MODS' sitting around on the desk with different setups! That is what is so great about vaping... all the wonderful choices we have! thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<-----Chain vaper....and I can vape in bed and not worry about setting myself on fire! And my friends don't complain. And I smell good. I ain't quitting. I have 5 different batteries loaded with 5 different flavors right now, and one on the charger, LOL. Mmmmmm, Atomic Cinnocide..... :jump:

Yea i had a family member the other day say something to me about it and i got extremely defensive.. Talk about whatever you want in my life but don't talk about me vaping like it's a bad thing. People like to talk about what they don't know and judge other for some odd reason. As long as you're not hurting me or yourself then vape away thumbsup.gif

This is just crazy! I totally agree with you! I am just a happy person feeding my addiction and not hurting anybody since the e-cigarettes are my new friends. I mean... Just the fact that they are not used with the look of the e-cigarettes makes me a weirdo? I really think that getting into e-cigarettes is about IQ as well. You might just follow to much your principles and consider an e-cigarette a weird thing, or you can really judge the situation and realize what a huge difference is in between me smoking the regular cigs and me vaping.

I'd hate to beat a dead horse so to speak, but I'd like to see the original posters thought after hearing what everyone had to say. It seems like the person can dish it out but doesn't want to take heat for idiotic comments about their friends.

Didn't seem so idiotic to me. The assumption that vaping all day is safe and doesn't harm you is rather premature.

History has shown that many 'safe' products come back to haunt us many years later with a vengeance. The 'natural vegetable' shortening (in this case the vegetable was cotton seeds), that was to save us from lard is one of the best examples.

I've made a concerted effort to keep vaping at a reasonable level, and that includes no more deep lung inhales. Do folks really think our lungs were designed to process heated, vaporized e-liquid? Is this something our ancestors had to deal with that through natural selection our lungs would try to adapt to?

Didn't seem so idiotic to me. The assumption that vaping all day is safe and doesn't harm you is rather premature.

History has shown that many 'safe' products come back to haunt us many years later with a vengeance. The 'natural vegetable' shortening (in this case the vegetable was cotton seeds), that was to save us from lard is one of the best examples.

I've made a concerted effort to keep vaping at a reasonable level, and that includes no more deep lung inhales. Do folks really think our lungs were designed to process heated, vaporized e-liquid? Is this something our ancestors had to deal with that through natural selection our lungs would try to adapt to?

Everyone here that Vapes does so as an alternative to cigarette smoking, I used to smoke around 15 cigarettes a day at 12 puffs per cigarette thats 180 puffs of combustible Tar, amonia, strick 9, and other contaminates, so even if I take 180 puffs a day from my e-cig loaded with tutti fruitti, I do so with a clean conscious knowing it's a healthier alternative.... since I quit smoking and have been vaping I don't breathe hard anymore before everyone could hear me breathe thats was so embarrasing, also my teeth are whiter!, my gums and mouth are healthier, I no longer get anxiety, I am a nicer person now that I can puff anytime I want I don't get irritable anymore.

If I did not have e-smokes I would have definately gone back to the analog smokes. This thing called Vaping saved my life.

WESTSIDE!

Shyyyyyt, I want to be buried with my Ego in my hand! The other day my gf and I began, ahem, intimacies and I said to myself out loud "put your vape down," and she replies, "uh, ok, sorry." ROTFLMAO!!! And I wasn't even speaking to her. I have been nic free now for over a year and it's still glued to my hand or lips (aren't bite tips simply dreamy?) I lovingly call it my adult pacifier....and I wouldn't change it for the world!