Side Effects - Chest Pain?

So, I'm on my 3rd day of being smoke free and loving my e-cig except for the few small problems I've had with it. Ever since I quit smoking, I am now having a lot of chest pain. I can't tell if it's intergestion or actual chest wall pain from muscles. I've asked quite a few of my family members, and they've said it could many different things. Could this be related to me quitting cigs? Could it be related to using this e-cig?

I'm worried and would just like some input from others that have experience.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

My mother in law complained of this but i haven't had any problems. She switched juice vendors and it went away. Are you using the prefilled carts? Some of those are just aweful.

So, I'm on my 3rd day of being smoke free and loving my e-cig except for the few small problems I've had with it. Ever since I quit smoking, I am now having a lot of chest pain. I can't tell if it's intergestion or actual chest wall pain from muscles. I've asked quite a few of my family members, and they've said it could many different things. Could this be related to me quitting cigs? Could it be related to using this e-cig?

I'm worried and would just like some input from others that have experience.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

It (Indigestion) is also a sign of nic withdraw from smoking analogs. how much nic is in the e-liquid. might not be getting enough..http://www.myquitsmokingdiary.com/nicotine_withdrawal_symptoms/indigestion_constipation_nausea

It (Indigestion) is also a sign of nic withdraw from smoking analogs. how much nic is in the e-liquid. might not be getting enough..http://www.myquitsmokingdiary.com/nicotine_withdrawal_symptoms/indigestion_constipation_nausea

when i first stop. and started ecig i did notice the first week or so . that my chest was a little tight . i think it was getting used to the vapor it is moist and smoke is dry . after a couple of weeks i was ok .that being said i am not a doctor and don't play one on tv lol but there are some nurses on this forum that may have some insight hope it gets better real soon

<br />it (Indigestion) Is Also A Sign Of Nic Withdraw From Smoking Analogs. How Much Nic Is In The E-Liquid. Might Not Be Getting Enough..http://www.myquitsmokingdiary.com/nicotine_Withdrawal_Symptoms/indigestion_Constipation_Nausea<br />
<Br /><Br />Last Night I Had Indigestion So Bad I Couldn't Stand It. Nausea Hit Me This Morning And I Had To Take Some Meds And I'm Still Not Feeling Good. Me And My Friend Are Both Having The Same Problems As We Are Both Quitting At The Same Time. To Be Honest, I Don't Know How Much Longer We Will Last Like This. I Feel Awful And It's Becoming So Bad That I'd Just Rather Smoke A Cig. I Want To Quit Smoking So Bad. Edited by Blakeab84

I'm so sorry your not feeling well. To ease your worries I'd say go to the DR. It can't hurt.

If your on your 3rd - 4th day, your probably going through some pretty heavy withdrawals right now. Your body and brain are addicted to many other chemicals than just nic. Also your nice steady stream of anti depressants have been taken away, And you better believe your brain is screaming out for more. The damn cig companies have spent millions to keep you strung out. It's gonna be really hard the first week. I remember feeling very sick. As for the chest pains, I can't say but I imagine your lungs are going to start expelling all that junk soon.

Please hang in there, were always here.

When I was still smoking and tried the guy it gave me terrible heartburn but I have never really had a problem with vaping. I'm still a little short of breath at times but I did smoke for 48 years I'm thinking it will take quite a while for me to get them clear. If the problem persists I would go to my doctor and get him to check your lungs and heart as a precaution. It could be something else entirely and it wouldn't hurt. good luck

I'm glad your feeling better also Blake. I would also like to say that I agree with Chesyl and Beans - if you have any more issues and are concerned check with your Dr. But, that being said I experienced a tightness in my chest as well when I quit smoking/started vaping, it only lasted a couple of days or so and I've heard several other new vapors have this same complaint so just be careful, take it easy and if you are having too much discomfort don't hesitiate to call the Doc.

We are here for you, be sure and check in once in a while and let us know how your doing. :)

I am glad you are feeling better !!! The range of withdrawal symptoms is huge. wallbash.gif

As a nurse--If it continues, I really recommend you check in with your doc. Chest pressure, tightness, severe 'heartburn' aren't anything to ignore. There is no age restriction for anything heart related !!!

quitting smoking really does screw with your body.

stick with it---it really is worth it.

What strength liquid are you using???

I am glad you are feeling better !!! The range of withdrawal symptoms is huge. wallbash.gif

As a nurse--If it continues, I really recommend you check in with your doc. Chest pressure, tightness, severe 'heartburn' aren't anything to ignore. There is no age restriction for anything heart related !!!

quitting smoking really does screw with your body.

stick with it---it really is worth it.

What strength liquid are you using???

Yep, feeling much better. Today went great. I can breathe in soo deep now and with no cough! I was using 24MG liquid, but today I received my 14MG liquid.

I can see that 14 is okay, but just not enough. I have a 18MG liquid that should be here tomorrow. As you can see, I'm trying out the stengths and the different tastes.

when i first stop. and started ecig i did notice the first week or so . that my chest was a little tight . i think it was getting used to the vapor it is moist and smoke is dry . after a couple of weeks i was ok .that being said i am not a doctor and don't play one on tv lol but there are some nurses on this forum that may have some insight hope it gets better real soon

I've talked to my doctor several times about quitting and he always explains that your body goes through A LOT of changes to get to used to cigarettes, so naturally it takes a long time to readjust to not having them. You may experience coughing or increase mucus and hacking stuff up, but you shouldn't be experiencing chest pain so bad you want to go back.

If the chest pain feels similar to a burning happens because of increased coughing after quitting, that is normal. Smoke does a lot damage to your lungs, including burning some sort of tissue in your lungs.

If it keeps up for a few more days, or gets worse, don't smoke anything and see your doctor immediately.

-MikeD

I tried a cartomizer last night and experienced chest pains. I am use to using my eGo tank. I do not think the chest pains are from Vaping. I think it might be a stress issue from quitting smoking and getting use to vaping. maybe?? I think so.

Hi there. When I first quit smoking I experienced the chest pain as well as a wide variety of other symptoms. I was very ill for at least a month. After that it got better. Obviously it doesn't hurt to see a Dr., but I just wanted to tell you my experience was very similar. Keep at it, don't give in. The addiction is what's telling you to give up and just smoke because it's easiest.

I tried a cartomizer last night and experienced chest pains. I am use to using my eGo tank. I do not think the chest pains are from Vaping. I think it might be a stress issue from quitting smoking and getting use to vaping. maybe?? I think so.

Me thinks that since you've been using the Tank for as long as you have your body kinda 'forgot' what it was like to get a 'real hit' of nicotine like the carto provided you! :thumbsup:

Me thinks that since you've been using the Tank for as long as you have your body kinda 'forgot' what it was like to get a 'real hit' of nicotine like the carto provided you! :thumbsup:

dang nab-it! lol..This tank is my life now. I can taste the wonderful flavor of Black Licorice in my eGo tank LR atty.( and it is so good) uhhh Cartomizers just dont do it for me anymore, like before. Then after trying one last night, OMG it was not right! I had this great tasting Black Licorice that I can really taste in it. So you are saying that strange taste I got from the carto last night was a 'real hit' of nicotine? OMG it was terrible. when I got my tank, I did not buy a kit. I bought from different suppliers. Is that how you bought your Tank that you did not like? :thumbsup::detective: I think the chest pains are from a chest cold maybe or from the 'real hit' of nicotine we are getting. :devil:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

THE CHEST PAIN IS NOT FROM WITHDRAWLS.

I started smoking regular cigarettes about 6 months ago. Off and on, about a pack a week. So very light.

I got an e-cigarette 4 days ago. I had been smoking only 1 or 2 cigaretetes a day up until this. After smoking over the weekend, my throat feels agitated and my chest tight (light weeze, not coughing up anything).

Worse than anything I had experienced with regular cigarettes.

It seems fishy.

Something is making the nicotine hit the blood stream. After all of the nasty chemicals revealed from burning cigs, everyone seems to be willing to accept this new "vapor" as practically harmless. But who is to say that there isn't some undiscover "cancer-causing" chemical in this new e-cig product? It could be just as harmful as "tar, arsenic, etc.", or even worse.

I am not very experienced or knowledgable in any of this, I am just sharing my thoughts.

Well since this old topic got revived, I'll throw in my $0.02. I honestly think the chest pain is cause by high levels of nicotine. i.e. chest pain/nausenes is a symptom on nicotine poising. The BE scandal and its bad/high batches of nicotine go back to the april/may time frame from when this topic was started. When I switched to ecigs, I did not have a problem. However, I did have a batch of eliquid later on that caused bad chest pain, nausesnous etc... That batch later tested to be almost twice as high as its expected nicotine content. I think this entire thread was because of high nic. He though he was vaping 24mg, by I think if it was tested it would have been 36-48mg..

-Bassfish10, someone who only smokes 1 or 2 cigs a day I think should not be vaping nic strength more powerfull than 4-6 mg, but thats my opinion.