Biggest Drawbacks Of Vaping?

Anyone find any drawback to vaping? Particularly in comparison to your experience to analogue.

I was expecting to find enough drawbacks to push me back into analogue immediately after getting my 510... but I really haven't found any. Feels like a cig but I can smoke it all day long without that regret of throwing out 60¢ every time I reach for a cig (yep packs of cigs in NYC are really $12... still can't believe that) and really it just feels like an accessory that really resonates with me...

I have found one pretty significant drawback (if you can call it that!) from the switch to vaping though. Ever since I got it, it feels like every day is show and tell! haha

No matter where I am, people want to grab and try and get a full explanation. I don't mind it, I just find it funny and kind of embarrassing at the same time. Each day I tend to work in a studio with the same people and even though they've seen it before and gotten to try, they still want to see it and see how they like it.

A little background, I've been vaping for somewhere around 2 weeks now, so I'm expecting this drawback to settle down soon and hoping that within a couple of years e-cigs will be so popular that they'll be a very common substitute for analogue and more people will recognize and understand what they are and how they work. : )

What drawbacks have you noticed?

Drawbacks? Nope, no drawbacks at all. :innocent:

Well, if you don't count that obsession thing. The one where you just HAVE to have it in your hand at all times, where you just HAVE to see what's going on in VT all the time, where you just HAVE to check out all the new PVs, where you just HAVE to have some of those new PVs, where you just HAVE to have lots and lots of backups, where you just HAVE to try ALL of the flavors out there...you know...that obsession.

Oh wait!! I know one!! A carton of analogs, an ashtray, and a lighter take up a LOT less space than the hoard stash of vaping supplies. I never once, in 34 years of smoking, ever considered having a special room set aside for my smoking supplies...but for vaping supplies, well... :whistle:

Edited by nana

It's a lot more complicated, and the up-front investment probably freaks a lot of people out. I know there are very decent $30 kits out there, but then you've got extra batteries, juices, spare atomizers, carts, maybe another charger, etc. etc. and it all adds up to A LOT of moolah.

Edited by Emile

So many choices. I think when I started smoking analogs, I just gritted my way through the nasty taste. I wasn't tempted by everyone else's tales of THIS yummy flavor and that one. Or the BEST vaping experience that we all chase relentlessly. I thnk, when you're new at it, you can easily get overwhelmed and meander down a few paths.

BUT, on the other hand, I never had as supportive a community as we do here to help me, either. THIS is one of my FAVORITE aspects of vaping!!

haha im going to have to agree with Erowid on this one. Its not a drawback but im in college, so naturally your going to have alot more curiosity to know what the hell the detonator looking device im pulling on thats producing something like smoke. That and the uneccessary attraction to police and security. Maybe not so much when im using my ego, but whn i have my Big Kazoo.

No drawbacks that I can think of, except for everything that Nana said. It really easier to smoke analogs, ex cept for the price, especially in your case. Gee, $12.00? @Erika, do you vape pg? I have heard that pg can help cause a breakout on one's skin.

Personally, It makes cooking more difficult. I only have so much counter space, and with so much dedicated to drying bottles, tanks, condoms.... I don't have much space left. :innocent:

Personally, It makes cooking more difficult. I only have so much counter space, and with so much condoms.... I don't have much space left. :innocent:

Oh really????? :lol:

Only drawback. Compulsive urge to buy more and more stuff. I used to smoke Camel Special Lights. If those were out I'd do pfunks, or marlboro. That's as far as it went, really. Now I've got 6 different flavors, a total of probably 80ish ml of juice, and I constanty want to order more. Just because I can. (I'm probably only vaping <5ml a week, mind you. And I feel like I chain vape constantly. Don't know how others go though so much more)

The bad thing with that jrock is, you have one had occupied with the pv but the other one, if like mine, is always checking out new vendors and new products and it's not that hard to click on prducts that you like and press the send button with one hand. Both of your hands should be occupied with making your beautiful mods.

I was surprised that no one mentioned the heightened community involvement. Since I started vaping I have had a lot more contact with the mailman, and my apartment manager due to packages not fitting into the mailbox. I am slowly down finally. I am no longer searching for the perfect system. I started with the KR808's and finally worked my way to the Riva which I am extremely happy with. Now my search is for the juice trying different things so the money expended isn't as bad.

Paul

The bad thing with that jrock is, you have one had occupied with the pv but the other one, if like mine, is always checking out new vendors and new products and it's not that hard to click on prducts that you like and press the send button with one hand. Both of your hands should be occupied with making your beautiful mods.

ThAnk you!!

My only drawbacks are as follows

Spending alot of time online looking at vender sites

Spending alot of $ at said vendors sites.

Spending alot of time at local retailers/juice mixers(yes I have a local mixer!)

Spending alot of $ at local retailers.

Having to give everyone I know/meet a quick vaping seminar.

Having to carry a purse(Murse) because I am still new and I carry at least 5 vaping devices, two chargers, attys, carts, and 20 bottles of juice.

The $ thing is not all that bad, I used to smoke 1-2 pack a day and they arent cheap. So for me drawbacks are no concern, vape on!

Haha, great replies. It seems like a lot of the drawbacks stem from vaping becoming a real hobby (or obsession :p ). But the physical negative effects I haven't seen... I hope you guys with skin bumps/acne/excessive earwax will get that checked out for all our sake and post back.

As Easily Amused pointed out, the only real drawback for me has been the fact that it's not quite as easy as smoking was. You have to plan well to pull off a successful vaping experience and you can't be lazy about it. Always have to have charged batteries, always have to plan for your travels, always have to ensure your backups are stocked and ready to go. Not a huge hassle, but not as easy as pulling out a lighter and smoking. Well worth it though.

The only drawback for me is I get the worst case of dry mouth ever when I wake up. It doesn't matter how much water I drink thru the day or before I go to bed. When I wake up in the morning(or sometimes in the middle of the night), my mouth is so dry, I can barely swallow. I've learned to keep a bottle of water now on the nightstand. I actually will take a water bottle, fill it 3/4 the way and throw it in the freezer. I pull it out before I go to bed and fill it the rest the way with water so that way I have a nice cold bottle of water for when I do wake up and need that refreshing drink :)

The only drawback for me is I get the worst case of dry mouth ever when I wake up. It doesn't matter how much water I drink thru the day or before I go to bed. When I wake up in the morning(or sometimes in the middle of the night), my mouth is so dry, I can barely swallow. I've learned to keep a bottle of water now on the nightstand. I actually will take a water bottle, fill it 3/4 the way and throw it in the freezer. I pull it out before I go to bed and fill it the rest the way with water so that way I have a nice cold bottle of water for when I do wake up and need that refreshing drink :)

good morning just a heads up your not supose to keep water bottles in freezer it dose somthing to the plastic not good for your your water or you .peace