Ego Battery Stays On

try pushing it a few times see if you can get it back out. The eGo button can stick on occassion , I've never had it happen but some others have.

The button is free and no light comes on.

All of a sudden one of my eGo batteries seems to be stuck in on mode. Anything to be done or is it a bad battery. It is only a couple of weeks old.

If the light remains on it would indicate the MOSFET switch has failed in the open position. Rare (as the previous post indicated). Had this happen on a Riva and left it sit until the light went out, which took several days on a newly charged battery. If the batt is only drawing off the little switch light (again, if it's indeed on) it will take quite some time to charge down.

It's pretty much toast and if you've only had for a couple of weeks? Most vendors will accept return for a new one. I left mine outside and let it run down while waiting for the replacement. This is why vapors will be adamant about not carrying these in a purse/carry bag without removing the carto. It can happen..........and hope you get a replacement!

If the light remains on it would indicate the MOSFET switch has failed in the open position. Rare (as the previous post indicated). Had this happen on a Riva and left it sit until the light went out, which took several days on a newly charged battery. If the batt is only drawing off the little switch light (again, if it's indeed on) it will take quite some time to charge down.

It's pretty much toast and if you've only had for a couple of weeks? Most vendors will accept return for a new one. I left mine outside and let it run down while waiting for the replacement. This is why vapors will be adamant about not carrying these in a purse/carry bag without removing the carto. It can happen..........and hope you get a replacement!

Thanks

Tell me about the VT store customer service - it does not get better then that. Its my first stop whenever possible.

Sorry about the battery, if indeed its defective, it should be covered under warranty so for sure contact the store you purchased it from, and if its the VT store be sure it will be resolved for you very quickly.

Hi johns. The VT store is pretty amazing. They replaced an eGo passthru for me even before I mailed the defective one back!!

And, believe it our not, the next day I accidently washed my robe with my replacement IN IT'S POCKET.

Kinda funny when I realized what I had done and opened the lid of the washing machine.... it looked like there was a flashlight down there! (pretty easy to find). Of course, the atty had popped but the eGo P/T dried out and STILL works like a champ to this very day.

Stick with VT. They care.

All of a sudden one of my eGo batteries seems to be stuck in on mode. Anything to be done or is it a bad battery. It is only a couple of weeks old.

make sure you clean the batt off. it may have some liquid stuck in the button area. mine does that also. I clean mine off with bleach wipes. and I use alcohol on a swab to clean the connector area.

Lol, the same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I noticed a strange smell in my office, then I saw a plume of vape coming from my pocket. I pulled my ego out and the boy was burning. I panicked and threw it on the ground and broke the crap outta it.

well... turns out LF coveres their batteries for 6 months, they sent me a new one, i only need to send the old one back with the return shipping thingy they sent and a letter explaining what happened to mine... perhaps it is a manufacturing issue, i wonder if anyone has had this happen with other brands, such as RIVA or Tornado?

If you vape LR with an ego or riva it will fry the mosfet, and the result you get is what you experienced. They are not designed to work with LR. Hope that helps.

I would have to respectfully disagree with you on that. I understand that some people have had problems but I believe they are in the minority. I have done extensive research on this topic (as well as my own experience)and have found that the ego batts will work just fine with 1.5 ohm attys.