Does Nicotine Level Affect Taste?

turtle11c

I dont know much about e-liquid and was just wondering if taste was any different based on nicotine level. For example does an 18mg or 16mg count taste any different from a 24mg of the same flavor?

I don't think you would notice is between 16 and 24 mg....now if you vaped 36 mg and compared it to 6 mg that might be a different story. But I know you cannot tell any difference between 12, 16 and 18.....I used those three all the time depending on what I have been forced to choose from when I ordered from vendors who don't make their own liquid. I didn't notice anything different in that little of a difference in MG....I think you would have to have two of the exact same liquid, side by side, one at each extreme in order to see if there was any difference. Plus it depends how sensitive your taste buds are.

Excellent question, I tend to agree with Chris and Juliery, I don't notice a big difference I go between 6 and 18 mgs and don't notice a big difference. But in general the less nicotene the more flavor. :)

I tried to lower my nicotine level to 18 and could really tell the difference in the way I felt. I am still dependent on the nicotine, I'm sorry to say, but 18 does not satisfy my wanting something more. I have found though, The higher the pg the more flavor. I have mine mixed at 50/50 so I can taste the flavor better. I'm trying to wean myself off of the 24mg but I haven't suceeded. I have some 18mg in the same juice and I try to vape one and then the other to fool myself into thinking it is the same. But I do feel the difference. Good luck and keep vaping.

Cheshyl, try purchasing some 0nic in the same flavor that you love in the 24mg and adding just one drop of zero to your bottle the first week, then 2 drops the next, then 3 ... etc (or day or month) ... the most amazing and wonderful part of vaping, is being able to remain comfortable even if we decide to cut back on nicotine clear to zero intake. If at any time your body wakes up and yell HEY!!! SHOW ME THE NIC BRAT!!! then be sure to have a bottle of your 18 or 24 handy for those days. (but those days will become fewer and fewer, trust me). G'luck!

Thanks for being so helpful everyone. Right now I have 24mg and I love how the two flavors I have taste but I was just wondering if I went down in nicotine levels would theay taste any different but it seems to be that I will get the same taste which makes me happy to know. Again thanks for all of your opinions.

I agree but man let me tell you NO NIC juice will drown you in flavor and if your not ready for it your throat will pay. I posted this under another section but Wisconsin frost with NO NIC is like liquid toothpaste because the flavor has nothing to...*stick to* in a sense