Joye 510 Vs Ego

Emily

I was just about to order the Joye eGO, because of all the great things I've read about it. I would be getting the starter kit, as I have not yet starting vaping. But I've just found some other good reviews on the 510.

So....what is the MAIN difference between the 510 & eGO? Is it just battery life and size of the device itself? I would like to go with the smallest most inconspicuous ecig. But I don't want to have to be charging and replacing batteries all day. I saw a post where someone used an eGo battery on their 510. Would that work, giving me the best of both worlds? And would a passthrough also give me more battery time with the 510? Or are there other main differences? I don't want to spend the money on a 510 and then end up switching to the eGo a month later. But I also don't want to get a biger ecig than I actually need.

Any advice or info on this would be greatly appreciated!

emily

The only difference is battery life as they use the same carto's /atties and are the same voltage.I suppose size is another thing the Ego is larger because of the bigger battery.OOpsie I forgot about Ego mega atties which are larger.You won't go wrong with either as you can switch at a latyer time and still use what you get.

Edited by mcquinn

If you're a light smoker, then you may be okay with the Joye 510. However, if you go more than 1/2 pack a day, I would go with the eGo. I smoked 1 1/2 packs a day was doing good to get 1.5 hours on a regular battery. With the eGo I was getting well over 8 hours and many report the eGo lasting 10-12+ hours.

I'd get the eGo starter kit! You get a lot longer battery charge. I have bought a couple of 510 Mega (520) batteries to use along with my eGo sets. They are ok, but you have to charge them a lot more often. Everything is interchangeable pretty much so it works out. If you want to vape (LR) low resistance cartomizers or low resistance atomizers you'll have to use the eGo batteries. LR items can't be used with 510 or 520 batteries. Everyone says they will ruin the batteries.

I was just about to order the Joye eGO, because of all the great things I've read about it. I would be getting the starter kit, as I have not yet starting vaping. But I've just found some other good reviews on the 510.

So....what is the MAIN difference between the 510 & eGO? Is it just battery life and size of the device itself? I would like to go with the smallest most inconspicuous ecig. But I don't want to have to be charging and replacing batteries all day. I saw a post where someone used an eGo battery on their 510. Would that work, giving me the best of both worlds?

Well for me there is only one 510 and it's made by Joye, as is the eGo. The imitation 510's (they aren't really clones, they look but don't perform like an authentic Joye 510).

You should start with eGo. And I at least would only buy Joye 510 replacement atties. Janty's eGo (made by Joye) was a major game changer and brought many big mod users back to the Chinese e-cig fold. As was noted many can now get all day vaping on one charge. No need for PCC's anymore. Those, like the original stick type e-cig batteries are yesterday's news. The technology has improved, use it.

I agree with all the other posters. The eGo offers a ton of options for individualistic preferences. It also has a cone that fits over the atty/cart and helps to warm the eliquid for a notch better vapor and flavor than a regular 510 offers. The cone also acts as a leak catcher. The cone doesn't fit over the mega attys and some other fancy smancy new options, but it's a wonderful gadget to have nonetheless, especially for regular attys and perhaps the LR attys as well.

I would get the XL size eGo batteries... they handle the LR atties better than the regular ego batteries do. You can even get the USB eGo batteries which charge while vaping and vape while unplugged as well, for take and go. It plugs into your computer easily or into a nice portable battery charger or even your car charger doodad. (get a 2 amp one if you buy a car charger thingie).

The eGo batteries will last a good 5-8 hrs between charges. They even have a pcc now for campers or winter storms. (the /USB is like a PassThrough PT)

The regular Joye 510 is a wonderful pv as well. It has a colorful LED light at the end, it's lightweight for an ecig, and you can decorate it with fingernail stickers and whatnot very easily. The batteries will last a good 2 hrs between charges. It makes a great backup kit, or starter kit either one. It used to be first choice starter kit before the eGo came onto the market.

Look on the bright side. When you buy a carton of cigs, you have nothing to show for it except nasty ashtrays and empty packs waiting to be disposed of properly. With an eCig on the other hand, it will cost roughly the same as a carton or two of cigs, yet it will still be there for you months later down the road. You have something to show for your money.

Backups. NANA??? !!!! Where's our backup Lady??? Anyway, if Nana were here, she'd tell you... "Backups!! One can never have enough backups! I have backups for my backups!". and she's so right!! Think about it... would you be caught between paydays without enough cigs? Same here with eCigs. What if your battery dropped and broke or just up and died from the cold or what if your charger quit or your atty pooped? You'll appreciate having a Joye 510 kit at hand even if you decide to try the Joye eGo too.

You're set up for at least 6 months of vaping... and it only cost you 1 month of cigs. (perhaps. I don't know how much you spend, so I can only offer a guestimate). The reality is though, not only will your house, car, and self smell prettier, but so will your pocketbook.

Long story short. Get both! :)

Ok I am retarded, I went ahead and got the 510 before reading the rest of these posts. Now I wish I had gotten the eGo.

Should I wait until I get it in the mail, before buying more extra parts, in case I can't stand having the re-charge it so much and have to get the eGo too?

If you get extra 510 atty's and some cartomizers, they will work on the eGo when you get around to ordering one. But until then you will still want to have some back-ups for your 510.

There's nothing wrong with the 510 or the 520 other than the fact that the battery life is short and you have to keep recharging so often. They are a fine little device and will serve well until you're ready to move on to bigger and better things. And then they will be great little back-ups also. If your kit comes with 2 complete units then that should hold you for now as far as batteries go until you see how it is working out for you. Then later if you decide to keep using it I would suggest getting a few extra batteries.

Good luck and happy vaping.thumbup.gif

Edited by snubber

Ok, thank you. You made me feel better. I got my kit here at VT, and it did come with two complete units. I may look into getting a PCC to help with charging during the day. Until I can afford getting the eGo.

Thanks everyone for all your help. I feel so thankful for finding this site. :unworthy:

Thanks

em

Ok, I got my 510 in the mail just now. I got it all set up with a cartomizer and the Macchiato juice here on VT. Well....it feels kind of weird. When I blow out I don't really see any vapor, and I don't know how long I can push the button or take a drag in. It says on the instructions not to push the button longer than 5 seconds, so I'm literally counting as I take a drag. And I think some of the juice got on the end, because I taste bitter stuff on my lips.

You may have flooded the cartomizer. Take it off the battery and blow out through the mouth end onto a paper towel or tissue or napkin. Give that a try and get back to us, OK? I so want this to go well for you!

Aimeeg - THANK you, that made it a LOT better. I am excited to get my sample pack of juice that has a few fruity flavors in it. I'm not loving the after taste of this one, but it's a LOT better after I blew it out like you said. Thank you! :thumbsup:

Are you able to use the chat feature here at vapor talk? The address is http://tinychat.com/vaportalkforum

I'm sure someone there will be able to answer your question really fast and show you at the same time! Unfortunately, I don't use the camera and headphones, just text. But even then, someone there, if you're only able to do the text part, will probably be able to show you stuff.

But, if it is just your liquid, then try another. :) Blow out the atty first, though, to get the machiatto (sp?) taste out.

We're here for you!

Aimeeg - THANK you, that made it a LOT better. I am excited to get my sample pack of juice that has a few fruity flavors in it. I'm not loving the after taste of this one, but it's a LOT better after I blew it out like you said. Thank you! :thumbsup:

All right!!!!!!! Well, then maybe never mind the post I made right as you were posting this one! YEAH!!!!

How do I know when I need to re-drip. With both the atomizer and the cartomizers?

Yup, that's more complicated and more based on personal actions. If you puff for a long time with an atomizer, you'll need to drip more often. You'll notice the taste starts to be "off" or "burnt" and you need to add about two drops. It should be good for, generally, five to eight hits.

As for the cartomizers, when they start not producing as much vapor and tasting "off" --don't let them get to "burnt" because then it's done-- then you should refill it.

Hang in there!