Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo

Does Vaping Affect Your Lungs At All?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 reacon9

reacon9

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:05 PM

I know analogs are absolutely horrendous for your lungs but was curious of the water vapor and nicitine had any affect on your lungs as well? As in you can still maintain your breath while working out

#2 Lily

Lily

Mega Poster

• VIP Member
  • 345 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:35 PM

Hi, there have been no long-term scientific studies posted on the effects of vaping and the lungs that I'm aware of. Nicotine obviously enters the bloodstream affecting brain cells. There is a lot of info around on that. Think of a vaporizer in a room. In my unscientific opinion, pretty harmless. People get jittery over some of the additives in e-liquid and there has been some very recent discussion here on some of them, i.e., Diacetyl but, when I think of what was going into my body smoking analogs, I don't get too caught up. There are too many benefits in vaping. This is just me now. :)

Edited by Lily, 18 October 2010 - 05:36 PM.

#3 nana

nana

Vapor Talk God Poster

• VIP Member
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:29 PM

All I know is that I can breathe a whole lot easier than I could before. I don't get winded like I did before either.

#4 kitsune

kitsune

Vapor Talk FanGirl

• VIP Member
  • 3,689 posts
  • Interests:Family, Dogs, Vaping, cooking, Tequila

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:40 PM

For me, most certainly can breath better !!! I used to get short of breath just going up a flight of stairs--now, I can make it up the stairs without sounding like I had just run up them.
Inhaling anything into your lungs isn't going to be healthy--but compared to smoking--vaping wins hands down.

#5 Jkimbo

Jkimbo

Super Poster

• VT Member
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/VaporHead

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:17 PM

Not sure about the lungs but it can't be as bad as smoke. We should also be concerned with the throat and mouth. I've noticed at times I sound a bit raspy as if I had a soar throat even tho I don't. This harshness is either on my vocal chords or from moisture in my breathing tube (trieckia?). Not sure if this is ok or not. Aain I can't imagine it as bad as smoke, but should be looked at just so we know.

#6 B80

B80

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:17 PM

Not sure about the lungs but it can't be as bad as smoke. We should also be concerned with the throat and mouth. I've noticed at times I sound a bit raspy as if I had a soar throat even tho I don't. This harshness is either on my vocal chords or from moisture in my breathing tube (trieckia?). Not sure if this is ok or not. Aain I can't imagine it as bad as smoke, but should be looked at just so we know.

I get that often, but I just figured it was from the drying out that everyone says you get from vaping. Also, I would be really interested to know if any of our long time vapers have had a chest x-ray, and what it looked like.

#7 reacon9

reacon9

VT Member

• VT Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:55 AM

yeah i know its of course better but still could there be long term effects is what we need to find out

#8 BEERCITYVAPRZ

BEERCITYVAPRZ

Insane Poster

• VIP Member
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:Just Chillin

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:49 AM

I feel my lungs getting healthier as far as breathing better, but one side effect ive noticed is I grind my teeth now since vaping something I never done before, anyone else experience this?

Edited by BEERCITYVAPRZ, 22 October 2010 - 10:50 AM.

#9 BEERCITYVAPRZ

BEERCITYVAPRZ

Insane Poster

• VIP Member
  • 579 posts
  • Interests:Just Chillin

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:51 AM

yeah i know its of course better but still could there be long term effects is what we need to find out

Absolutely Agree!!!! :thumbsup:

#10 Travis798

Travis798

Super Poster

• VT Member
  • 216 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:20 PM

I know I breathe better when vaping vs smoking. I can say that I got my mom into vaping last year just to try to help her cut down on her 4 PAD habit. She took to e-cigs right off the bat and pretty much quit smoking entirely. Now here's the kicker. My mother has some health problems, ranging from a brain tumor to bone spurs in her neck/back. Prior to vaping, the doctors told her that surgery was probably not even going to be considered because her respiratory system was in too bad of shape. Fast forward to about 6 months on e-cigs, and her doctor was floored when he saw her, asked her if she quit smoking, and told her her respiratory system was in excellent shape, almost as if she had never smoked! Of course she told him about the e-cig, showed it to him, and he was excited. She's probably schooled about 10 doctors about e-cigs and every one of them have been excited about them and said they would recommend them to smoking patients.

In my book, thats a huge win for e-cigs!