How Long Do Cartomizers Last?

Bearguin

Hi, You cannot beat the convenience of a cartomizer! No muss or fuss. I started out not liking them all that much as the taste was harsher compared to direct dipping into a regular 510 atty. When I get past the initial 'break-in' period of a carto, the taste and TH is great. There are a lot of opinions as to how long to use a carto. Some reuse and clean them up for a long time. I find that after three or so days, sometimes even less, a carto starts to taste stale and harsh. If you blow out any excess e-liquid from a re-fill, the liquid is pretty brown-looking. The element that heats the juice in the carto starts to burn the filler material inside. Hopefully there will be advances in the technology of a carto, but for the time being, they are great when you're traveling and on-the-go.

I have never had one "die" per se so I am sure the cartos could have kept going along. As a rule of thumb, after 15-20ML of juice (at 4.35 Volts), I replace them. For me, that translates roughly into a week. So, a 5 pack of cartomizers last me a over a month. A 5 pack of cartos is similar to 1 atomizer in price. I rarely get more than 1 month use out of an atomizer, when used regularly. From my personal experience, cartomizers are more efficient than atomizers. If I were to keep cleaning/massaging the cartos until death, I suspect they would be far more efficient. I haven't had much success cleaning cartomizers and for about $1.60 ea, it doesn't bother me to just retire them after 20MLs consumed.

I use cartomizers when at work/driving/traveling and still prefer atomizers when at home. I use both and think they compliment each other quite well depending on situation.

I really like the convenience of the cartomizers while at work and driving. They seem to have a pretty good life span. I pitch them when the flavor starts to get funky. Not really a believer in making them last beyond that. I still DD when at home.

I use the new E2 cartos with no filler, about £8 for 5 , I bought 10 2 weeks ago but am still using the first one!

When it gets a bit low on flaour and vapour, I have been washing it under the hot tap and dry burning (sometimes a little scrape on the coil with a plastic stylus) and it is back to brilliant!

I don't think I'll ever go back (that's if I ever get through the other 9!)

I have never had one "die" per se so I am sure the cartos could have kept going along. As a rule of thumb, after 15-20ML of juice (at 4.35 Volts), I replace them. For me, that translates roughly into a week. So, a 5 pack of cartomizers last me a over a month. A 5 pack of cartos is similar to 1 atomizer in price. I rarely get more than 1 month use out of an atomizer, when used regularly. From my personal experience, cartomizers are more efficient than atomizers. If I were to keep cleaning/massaging the cartos until death, I suspect they would be far more efficient. I haven't had much success cleaning cartomizers and for about $1.60 ea, it doesn't bother me to just retire them after 20MLs consumed.

I use cartomizers when at work/driving/traveling and still prefer atomizers when at home. I use both and think they compliment each other quite well depending on situation.

I could not agree more with how you use yours cartos! Almost identical to what I do... even down to the voltage! :thumbsup: Only difference is I use cartos exclusively... at home, at work, on the road... you name it... it's cartos for me. When they start to taste off in the flavor department, it's time for a fresh one... and nothing beats a fresh carto!! Yummmm. :thumbsup:

Cartomizers are great. I have used cartomizers for weeks and have never had one die. A dead cartomizer is usually not the problem, the problem is that eventually you may get a burning taste or a loss of flavor and that is when you will want to replace it; this is due to the wear of the filler material over time. If you vape for about 15 minutes every hour or so like you would a normal cigarette it will last for a day easily before needing to add more liquid. It is also a good idea to check it every now and then and try to keep it moist as it will last much longer. Add a few drops after you vape on it a couple of times. One more thing, after the cartomizer is "dead" you can remove the filler and direct drip with it.

I use the new E2 cartos with no filler, about £8 for 5 , I bought 10 2 weeks ago but am still using the first one!

When it gets a bit low on flaour and vapour, I have been washing it under the hot tap and dry burning (sometimes a little scrape on the coil with a plastic stylus) and it is back to brilliant!

I don't think I'll ever go back (that's if I ever get through the other 9!)

I was wondering how the XL E2 V4 for 510 is? seems others have had issues but for a cartomzr with no filler/all ceramic that holds 2ml .......... doesn't seem to be a reason to make/buy a wetbox mod anymore since the little bottle used doesn't hold much more ....... I've seen them advertised $13-$18/5pk or $98/100 from manf. in China

I was wondering how the XL E2 V4 for 510 is? seems others have had issues but for a cartomzr with no filler/all ceramic that holds 2ml .......... doesn't seem to be a reason to make/buy a wetbox mod anymore since the little bottle used doesn't hold much more ....... I've seen them advertised $13-$18/5pk or $98/100 from manf. in China

Yeah, there are so many bad reviews for them, but I thought, hey for £7.99 for 5 (same price as a single atomizer) I'll give them a try and I haven't gone back since!

I'm still on my first one after 3 weeks and seems just as good as the day I broke it in. I have washed it a few times after vaping it dry and it was back to brilliant.

When my 2 boxes of 5 run out (could be some time) and presuming the other 9 are as good as this one, then I'll be buying more . I believe they are on R4 now so maybe more improvement though I'm not currently having any problems (other than having to keep more cash in my wallet due to not buying spare attys :) )

Edited by rianscott

Yeah, there are so many bad reviews for them, but I thought, hey for £7.99 for 5 (same price as a single atomizer) I'll give them a try and I haven't gone back since!

I'm still on my first one after 3 weeks and seems just as good as the day I broke it in. I have washed it a few times after vaping it dry and it was back to brilliant.

When my 2 boxes of 5 run out (could be some time) and presuming the other 9 are as good as this one, then I'll be buying more . I believe they are on R4 now so maybe more improvement though I'm not currently having any problems (other than having to keep more cash in my wallet due to not buying spare attys :) )

Would it be possible for you to post a link to where you bought them? Please? :)