Do You Get Sores In Your Mouth Sometimes From Vaping And What Can You Do To Prevent It

Sandy

Might be getting liquid or condensate in your mouth.If you use atties wipe off and blow out the tip ,if you use carto's watch overfilling.You can sling out excess liquid or they will act like a sippy straw and give you a mouth full of juice.Drip tips or a cut down cart will give you more distance between the liquid and your mouth.

It's not something I've personally had a problem with but others have reported it. Most of us usually keep some kind of drink close by. (Cold Water is of course always good for you)

It's also good practice (and often overlooked) to keep your mouth pieces clean. Wipe your electronic cigarette down with an alcohol wipe every night before storing it. Unlike cigarettes, ecigs parts are used over and over. Like anything, there is a chance for bacteria to build up. After all, everything you touch, will end up on your ecig.

Hi again, I just answered your other post on the Joye 510. I've never had any vaping related complications such as a sore tongue. I get a mouth full of juice every once in a while if I overfill a carto or add too much e-liquid to the atomizer wick when I direct dip. I do wipe out the drip tip often because of the condensation that forms on the inside of the dtip becuz I taste it. I don't believe a sore tongue would have anything to do with VG or PG except there is a small percentage of the population who may be allergic to PG. It's hard to say in your situation however, keeping the drip tip clean is good advice. I have a paper towel or kleenex near me all the time. Gluck.

Sometimes my tongue gets sore and I have been trying different

juices and never had this happen before. Is that because

of not being 100 percent vg? :rolleyes2: Thank you, Sandy

Hi, I guess that wasn't your post on the 510, sorry...

• 3 weeks later...

I have gotten slight sores in my mouth after vaping 100% VG juices that are "citrucy" like lemon or raspberry. I don't know if this is the "cause" but I do notice a pattern there. So I only use those sparingly or will mix with my 80/20 pg/vg juices like my lemon/lime one. Once my 100% VG's are gone, I won't be getting anymore of those as I feel they are too "syrupy" overall. 80/20 is perfect for me.

• 3 months later...

i too have one on my tongue that seems to come and go, ive since started using a pg/vg blend and seem to be doing fine but personally i think in my case it may have been from the times i over filled the carto and it spit at me, learning curve, im getting much better now at topping off the carto without little juice explosions. i hope that helps some

• 2 months later...

Also remember canker soars are a symptom from quitting smoking and for some people this can last for over 1 year.. it actually might just be your body removing toxins... I just rinse(do not swallow) with hydrogen peroxide, for 3 days and problem is solved

Edited by Dondlelinger

I have gotten slight sores in my mouth after vaping 100% VG juices that are "citrucy" like lemon or raspberry. I don't know if this is the "cause" but I do notice a pattern there. So I only use those sparingly or will mix with my 80/20 pg/vg juices like my lemon/lime one. Once my 100% VG's are gone, I won't be getting anymore of those as I feel they are too "syrupy" overall. 80/20 is perfect for me.

After several months of vaping I just came across the same problem with a few juices. To me, its like I binged all day on sweet tarts and burned my taste buds. Very odd, so I only use those "tart juices" very sparingly and the problem went away.

I've never had this happen and been vaping for over 19 months, but i'm surprised it's so common!

I've heard it can come from hot cinnamon type juices.. I've even seen a video where a juice like that melted a clearomizer on youtube!

It was terrible when it happened. nothing would help. I even tried rinsing my mouth out with hot salt water but that would not help either. finally they just disappeared and I am glad they are gone. I vape Black Licorice and mint flavors. PG/VG

i too have one on my tongue that seems to come and go, ive since started using a pg/vg blend and seem to be doing fine but personally i think in my case it may have been from the times i over filled the carto and it spit at me, learning curve, im getting much better now at topping off the carto without little juice explosions. i hope that helps some

the spitting juice use to leave my mouth numb at first...lol..I got use to it fast.

• 1 year later...

I get canker like sores in the insides of my lips sometimes to. I went online to find out how to heal canker sores fast and I found out that by putting peroxide on them they go away within 4 days and instantly quit hurting right after the initial burn of the peroxide. I now know how to heal them quickly, but preventing them has been a chalange. I use mainly 18 and 24 mg green smoke prefilled cartomizers. I have only been vaping regularly for 2 months (no real smoking lol) but I have noticed that since I've been using e-cigs that I get alot of canker sores. I also use bull smoke and mistic e-cigs as well. I think they are all PG cartomizers. I started to freak out and almost quit vaping untill I read this, I thought I was the only one WHEW, not that I'm glad anyone has this problem, just glad it wasn't just me. Afraid e-cigs were giving me some kind of disease or something. Thanks for letting me know it's not some kind of killer FDA, "we told ya so" kind of disease lol.

I have been using my e cigarette for abt 3 weeks and I have recently gotten painful sores under my tongue. I use the pre filled cartridges and never have had contact with any of the contents. I was just wondering if this is common or should I see the doc? I have quit smoking completely so I really cant quit. I mean anything is better than a real cigarette. Right?

I have been using my e cigarette for abt 3 weeks and I have recently gotten painful sores under my tongue. I use the pre filled cartridges and never have had contact with any of the contents. I was just wondering if this is common or should I see the doc? I have quit smoking completely so I really cant quit. I mean anything is better than a real cigarette. Right?

I can remember when a long time ago when I was using high nic juice and dripping into homemade high volt PV's and would get splash back quite often. This caused a couple of spots inside my lip or tongue to become a little raw. They were not sores or even much to talk about at all. I have to think that the nicotine made these spots raw because I was getting juice in my mouth too often. This happened to me a few months into vaping and didn't last long because I changed to a better drip setup.

I don't think this is the cause of your problems at all. I just want you to know that it took an awful lot of raw juice for me to have an issue and vapor from a carto is much less tame.

I suppose that some people are more sensitive to certain ingredients in e-liquid such as flavor ingredients or the base liquids but if you were a smoker without being effected this way by nicotine then that probably isn't the reason but you should ask your doc.

And yes, anything is better than smoking.

Edited by Mike

• 1 year later...

Canker sores are a ‘side effect’ of quitting tobacco cigarettes. Several concerned vapers have asked their dentists and ENT surgeons about the canker sores since vaping and they were given the following information: Tobacco smoking provides alkalinity in the mouth – so when you stop smoking the analogues and change to e-cigarettes, it takes time for the mouth to re-balance, and the mouth is essentially too acidic. This re-balance can take months or longer to occur. Then you add vaping into the mix – which is dehydrating to the mouth (it dries it up) this can exacerbate the condition.

It is not the vaping that causes the sores; it is the not smoking.

I've never had this happen and been vaping for over 19 months, but i'm surprised it's so common!

I've heard it can come from hot cinnamon type juices.. I've even seen a video where a juice like that melted a clearomizer on youtube!

Those types of juices - inferno, atomic fireball, etc., - need to be kept in glass tanks.