Ummm - Yeah - Side Effects Of Vaping?!

StOmPeR

I have been vaping now, nonstop for 3 1/2 days, and i am having some weird side effects!

As soon as I take one drag off my tornado, I get a nicotine high. and don't want to take another drag. I am only using 12mg strength eliguid.

I have noticed too, that I get very groggy and drowsy, and i immediately want to take a nap, and often do. Also the first day I started vaping, I had pretty bad headaches. now those are gone! thank God

I have gone three days without smoking before, So I know for a fact these symptoms are not related to stopping smoking! These are side effects of inhaling one of the 2: 1. either too much Nicotine or 2. inhaling the other chemicals from the PG/VG.

I am going to buy 6MG or similar strength from now on, and if i still get high from it, i am going to have to dilute the liquid with VG even more.

Like just now, I just woke up, I went to lay down and watch a movie around 4PM, knowing I had to be somewhere at 6PM, So I had no intention of going to sleep, but apparently I just lost conscientious, and missed my class. So yeah, maybe it will pass in a couple of days, but I don't like it.

Maybe I'll try pure VG next time. maybe its the PG that's making me feel this way

Edited by StOmPeR

I was sleepy and fatigued for about 2 weeks after I quit smoking so many analogs, it is normal according to my doctor. PG allergy is really rare actually only maybe 3 percent of the population, but it could be you.

Remember there are a lot of other chemicals in analogs that may be giving your symptoms.

I hope you feel better.

I was sleepy and fatigued for about 2 weeks after I quit smoking so many analogs, it is normal according to my doctor. PG allergy is really rare actually only maybe 3 percent of the population, but it could be you.

Remember there are a lot of other chemicals in analogs that may be giving your symptoms.

I hope you feel better.

You're body's been through the wringer from analogs and now that you've been vaping, your body is adjusting to life without the wringer. It's exhausting to it. Step up your vitamins, definitely cut back on your nicotine, get a DR checkup to make sure there's not something else going on, and then let your body sleep. It's healing from toxin abuse.

Oh, and purchase some 0nic in the same flavor that you like, and cut it that way. You might discover that 1 drop nic to 20 drops 0nic might satisfy quite nicely!

I had the same problem when I first started vaping--very cloudy and could sleep anytime. Like you, I had quite smoking for a week or so in the past, I had felt cloudy and sleepy, but not that sleepy.

I don't know if it was the combination of vaping nicotine and quitting smoking or some other combination.

For me, it passed after about a week. For a quick fix, you can use wiltons glycerin (hobby or craft store--cake section) and dilute the liquid you have now and see if that helps.

During that first week--I vaped almost constantly.....

Wow, I never felt a side effect yet and ive even vaped 36mg before with no problems, main vape at 18-24mg, the only side effect ive had is a slight stomach ache, lower your nic OR dont take super huge draws, hope this helps :beer:

Edited by BEERCITYVAPRZ

It sounds to me like the strength and not the PG. I remember I had the same feeling when I first started vaping. Step it down to 6mg and it should go away.

I actually had similiar feelings when I vaped PG and as soon as I switched to VG that went away. Headaches, I felt tired all day, HORRIBLE dry mouth...it felt like I was hung over some days from vaping PG. As soon as I got my first bottle of bobas this went away(I sent Ben an E mail thanking him because I almost stopped vaping because it sucked so bad).

Also feeling a nic buzz at first is normal. I started off at 24mg and have found that 18mg is more for me. It just depends on how long you smoked, how much you smoked, and how often you smoke. Some people vape 36mg all day while some feel that even 12mg is to much for them. It just depends on personal prefernce. I vape constantly when I can and I just got some 24mg juice from vapor galaxy and I notice I can't vape it nearly as long as 18mg(that 6mg makes a huge difference).

I would reccomend trying some lower strength VG liquid and seeing how that goes. Some people have funny reactions to PG and some can vape it all day...once again it just depends on how your body reacts to it.

Wow... did you used to inhale analogs into your lungs even? It almost sounds like you are trying nicotine for the very first time.

Pack a day for 12 years - Marlboro Lights.

I think it has to do with the way I smoke, I take very hard drags. I could burn down a regular cigarette in 5 minutes

I'm having similar issues. Been vaping for 3 1/2 days and I've noticed that every day since starting I have a hard time NOT falling asleep at my desk or behind the wheel(!!!). I'm vaping 26mg 100% VG, 1-2 ml/day.

I think I'll try some 12mg. I should probably cut the stuff I have too. And not vape while I drive until I do.

I tried Googling whether too much nicotine (as opposed to the lack of) can cause drowsiness, but I couldn't find any reliable information. Still, it's the only thing I can think of.

The side effect you get is what I strive to get (except for the drowsy napping part)! lol

Seriously the only side effects I get is on lower nic levels then I get irritable (more so then usual), and vape a whole lot more until I get a head ache :)

It is amazing how we are all different. I wish I could get a nic high on lower doses!

I'm having similar issues. Been vaping for 3 1/2 days and I've noticed that every day since starting I have a hard time NOT falling asleep at my desk or behind the wheel(!!!). I'm vaping 26mg 100% VG, 1-2 ml/day.

I think I'll try some 12mg. I should probably cut the stuff I have too. And not vape while I drive until I do.

I tried Googling whether too much nicotine (as opposed to the lack of) can cause drowsiness, but I couldn't find any reliable information. Still, it's the only thing I can think of.

Interesting, since you have the same kind of symptoms, then that is true for some people. Apparently, the e-cigarettes inject more nicotine into your body at one time versus a few cigarettes. I have 6mg %100 VG on the way, and I am already thinking about cutting that mix down to about 3mg. I'm going to see how the 6MG works though. The drowsiness symptoms are not near as bad now, as they were when I started, which just shows me that my body has built up a tolerance, which isn't good.

So yeah, some scientific research definitely needs to be done on the amount of nicotine you inhale from the e-juice during a typical drag. IF this is done to someone who doesn't have a high tolerance to nicotine, then they may have a allergic reaction, or fall asleep at the wheel and possible kill people when their vehicle goes out of control.

So all you guys out there that are smoking 24-32MGs I would strongly suggest cutting down!! there is no telling what the long term effects are of that much nicotine exposure. And if you're like smokie, he vapes 5ML a day!!! so yeah, be careful out there

• 2 weeks later...

My husband is a retired medical doctor (who specialized in Occupational and Environmental Medicine) and says that (in his opinion) getting too much nicotine is not the problem. Its the reverse. The nicotine in ecigs is actually far LESS than you are getting in analogs even at the highest strengths. According to the studies he has researched on the topic, approximately one-tenth of the nicotine in analogs. You could vape all day, and not reach the same nicotine level as you would with analogs. There is no data that even comes close to concluding that vaping somehow makes the nicotine level more intense.

Grogginess, lethargia, sleepiness or sleeplessness, restlessness, edginess, headaches, irritability, etal...are ALL classic symptoms of withdrawal. We had all of those symptoms when we first switched to ecigs. It improved for both of us in less than a week. Its actually probably better to start out at a higher level of nicotine in the beginning as it will lessen the severity of withdrawal symptoms. That is likely why DayVape did not experience much (or anything) in the way of symptoms...she started at 36mg, a very high level. I started at 24mg and then gradually cut back to 18mg and I am now gradually going to 11mg. You will still go thru some type or degree of withdrawal symptoms (tho that may vary in degree from person to person). And especially at the onset because that is when you are at the peak of withdrawal.

My sister and brother, who quit at the same time we did, went thru similar symptoms. None of us have those symptoms now.

Just another opinion...

Edited by salliezoo

I have a new side effect this month. Rosey color has overtaken my cheeks and lips. Say what???!!! I've NEVER had rosey anything! lol (smoked since 10yrs old)

Hey "rosy cheeks"...dang, why didn't I get that? :wtf: I'd love to have rosy cheeks again (that is without painting them on LOL!)

Good for you...by next month, you'll look 20 again! :showoff: It could happen...

My husband is a retired medical doctor (who specialized in Occupational and Environmental Medicine) and says that (in his opinion) getting too much nicotine is not the problem. Its the reverse. The nicotine in ecigs is actually far LESS than you are getting in analogs even at the highest strengths. According to the studies he has researched on the topic, approximately one-tenth of the nicotine in analogs. You could vape all day, and not reach the same nicotine level as you would with analogs. There is no data that even comes close to concluding that vaping somehow makes the nicotine level more intense.

Grogginess, lethargia, sleepiness or sleeplessness, restlessness, edginess, headaches, irritability, etal...are ALL classic symptoms of withdrawal. We had all of those symptoms when we first switched to ecigs. It improved for both of us in less than a week. Its actually probably better to start out at a higher level of nicotine in the beginning as it will lessen the severity of withdrawal symptoms. That is likely why DayVape did not experience much (or anything) in the way of symptoms...she started at 36mg, a very high level. I started at 24mg and then gradually cut back to 18mg and I am now gradually going to 11mg. You will still go thru some type or degree of withdrawal symptoms (tho that may vary in degree from person to person). And especially at the onset because that is when you are at the peak of withdrawal.

My sister and brother, who quit at the same time we did, went thru similar symptoms. None of us have those symptoms now.

Just another opinion...

I agree with less nicotine than analogs, I'm going to bump up to 24mg for a while then back down. I am so drowsy in the afternoon after going 4-5 hours without vaping. With analogs I didn't feel so tired. Hoping that my eGo,on it's way, will help out too. I asked Jeffery for some eggnog in 24mg sample so that should give me a good idea if I need higher nic.I do only VG cause I really like the vapor and PG dries me out too much.

haha, maybe this time next year! Now wouldn't that be something! Already the big pharma doesn't know what to do with the loss of money I used to spend on cough syrup/drops/nyquil/dayquil/contact/alavert/... now they'll lose the geritol and Olay money! lol.

It took 8 months for me til the rosieness showed up. Hang in there!!

I agree with less nicotine than analogs, I'm going to bump up to 24mg for a while then back down. I am so drowsy in the afternoon after going 4-5 hours without vaping. With analogs I didn't feel so tired. Hoping that my eGo,on it's way, will help out too. I asked Jeffery for some eggnog in 24mg sample so that should give me a good idea if I need higher nic.I do only VG cause I really like the vapor and PG dries me out too much.

Your body is healing, it needs it's rest! I get sleepy off and on to this day, but fortunately I don't have to fight it and can roll with it most of the time.

Analogs kept me at a constant tired, but I was used to it and would fight it.

Many years ago, I took Paxil in order to help me quit smoking. Paxil put me in a "could care less" state of mind. Stress as I knew it, went out for a hike. I felt so relieved, quite nonchalant and literally nothing bothered me. I didn't quit smoking with it but man oh man did I sleep! My body had been so uptight for so long that once it totally relaxed, I was out like a light and literally slept for 3 days. (getting up long enuff to grab a bite to eat was all). I bring this up, because with Vaping, I have felt that "stress" leave my essence and there are days I am sleepy tired. I am healing more and more each day and the sleepiness is subsiding. My advice? Get extra prepared meals in the freezer, catch up on all chores, and then hit the sack and don't feel bad. You deserve the rest from all those years of abuse from analogs.

haha, maybe this time next year! Now wouldn't that be something! Already the big pharma doesn't know what to do with the loss of money I used to spend on cough syrup/drops/nyquil/dayquil/contact/alavert/... now they'll lose the geritol and Olay money! lol.

It took 8 months for me til the rosieness showed up. Hang in there!!

Not at 8 months yet Uma...so apparently there is still some hope for me! I'll be looking forward to those rosy cheeks and lips...:baby:

I had absolutely horrible side effects that have just recently begun to go away. For the first few weeks all I wanted to do was sleep also. I think for me it had more to do with just wanting to sleep away all the side effects. What finally got me to quit analogs altogether was I woke up one morning with lung seizures (that's not a technical term, I made it up because that's what it felt like). The Dr. told me it was allergies and gave me two inhalers to use. The inhalers did help a great deal but I still hurt and ached alot. On top of that I had horrible pains in my heart and chest and a constant internal itching (the cilia growing back probably) that was just miserable. Even vaping ended up making my lungs hurt. So I basically ONLY vaped when my husband and I would go out and we were around smokers. With all of that going on I also got depressed which also made me want to sleep more. I was miserable and cranky and unable to even vape most of the time to help with my symptoms. Anyway, for the past few weeks I've been feeling much better and I am now a vaping fiend (just got my Riva the other day and loving it!). The weirdest side effect I'm noticing now ironically is that I have a ton of energy and don't sleep near as much as I used to. It's taken a lot of getting used to because I thought that I loved to sleep before. I could literally sleep for 15 hours straight if I was left to my own devices. Now I sleep 6 or 7 hours and then I'm wide awake. I'm certain that all of those toxic poisons were what was making me sleep so much all my life. Oh and my allergies have been absolutely horrible this season, and I wonder if it's because as my lungs clear out a little there is more pollen getting in there? I don't know it's just a thought. No matter, I have no intention of ever going back to analogs. I can't even stand the smell of smoking or smokers now. And I want rosie cheeks too! :)

I am about 7 weeks in and the sleepy feeling is still there for me. I don't know what the problem is but I have been told by many to up my nic intake, but I just don't wanna do it.

I sometimes feel like I am just about to get a cold and then it feels better a day or two later.

I know that it sucks, I cannot quite figure out what the symptoms are attributed to though.

I keep waiting for that "oh I feel great" feeling everyone talks about after quitting smoking. For me it is just not happening yet. I will keep waiting though.....maybe until Christmas.

I am about 7 weeks in and the sleepy feeling is still there for me. I don't know what the problem is but I have been told by many to up my nic intake, but I just don't wanna do it.

I sometimes feel like I am just about to get a cold and then it feels better a day or two later.

I know that it sucks, I cannot quite figure out what the symptoms are attributed to though.

I keep waiting for that "oh I feel great" feeling everyone talks about after quitting smoking. For me it is just not happening yet. I will keep waiting though.....maybe until Christmas.

Before I quit smoking and started vaping, I researched and researched and researched until my fingers fell off. I highly suggest that to anyone because I think people should be made aware of what to expect. These are all normal side effects and length of time really does vary with individuals. My friend told me she quit cold turkey once and was horribly sick for 6 months (she went back to smoking eventually). Our bodies are all very similar yet different. We all recover differently. Eventually you will feel great, I think that everyone here that's a longtime vapor (I'm not yet) can promise you that. To be honest I kind of thought they were all nuts in here with all their talk about feeling great, especially when I felt so bad all the time, but it turns out they were right. Good luck and keep on vaping!