Vaping Around Children

As a previous analog smoker I was always cautious about smoking around children, as I have a 3 year old and a pregnant wife I still find myself outside vaping as it were an analog. I guess my question is this, is it safe for me to vape around my wife and or daughter without having to be concerned about the effects?

the majority of the harm was from the actual burning of the smoke. being that it is a vapor you don't run those risks.

i vape indoors with my family, i just don't blow it at them for that "incase they inhale it".

I have contemplated that same question a few times. Here is my opinion on it. Take it however you wish!!

I still would not vape in front of kids. Even though it may be safe to do, it still gives the child the image of smoking and that it is OK. So I would still stay away from that.

Vaping around a pregnant women is tricky. I do not see the harm in it as the ingredients in e-liquid (minus the nicotine) should have no effect on anyone around you.

As always, keep bottled e-liquid away from kids :)

my take:

Although many of us believe that vaping is quite safe, it has never definitively been proven one way or the other. Even if there is a .01% chance of harm, that is far too great to expose to my family. I don't go outside but I do go to another room.

Imagine my horror when my 3 year old, who love star wars already (from his cousin) saw me on a VP/PT and was excited over my "light saber"

my take:

Although many of us believe that vaping is quite safe, it has never definitively been proven one way or the other. Even if there is a .01% chance of harm, that is far too great to expose to my family. I don't go outside but I do go to another room.

Imagine my horror when my 3 year old, who love star wars already (from his cousin) saw me on a VP/PT and was excited over my "light saber"

light saber? where is this thing because i have got to see it.

To avoid any unneeded conflict of any sort, whether it be kids, public attention, or whatever, I just vape wherever I used to smoke. I never smoked around the kids when the wife is babysittin', so I won't vape around them either. They don't need to be getting all curious about a "healthier" way to deal with their peer-pressure (if that makes any sense...)

Like it was said, there's no solid proof that vaping is truly safe, (especially for babies and pregnant women) if your gut says to keep it outside, I'd listen!

I usually stay away from my daughter when I vape. Though when my moms is driving and we're in the car, I always have my window down and have the shade covering her window, so people don't get the wrong idea if they are looking at me. I grew up to my dad ALWAYS smoking and though I don't want her taking up the habit, I can't help it but vape, even if she's right next to me (though I take extreme caution to not blow vapor in her way). I don't see it as something that MAY influence her to take up on smoking when she's older...but I think she knows better. It's actually kinda cute when I see her running after me with one of my juices in her hands and calling me, letting me know I left them behind. I've never caught her with my Ego in her mouth...but then again, she managed to pop my atty so...lesson learned: Don't trust kids with e cigs...even if they don't vape, they sometimes forget that they can turn the battery on

light saber? where is this thing because i have got to see it.

I have the green LED VP/PT and it is nicknamed "Yoda" :) Yup....I am that big of a dork!! :offtopic:

But there has been a lot of good things said here. I think in the end your "knee jerk" reaction is to vape anywhere and everywhere because it is NOT a cigarette, but I think in the end you still have to take the same courtesies and precautions!! Not everyone knows what you are doing :police:

I usually stay away from my daughter when I vape. Though when my moms is driving and we're in the car, I always have my window down and have the shade covering her window, so people don't get the wrong idea if they are looking at me. I grew up to my dad ALWAYS smoking and though I don't want her taking up the habit, I can't help it but vape, even if she's right next to me (though I take extreme caution to not blow vapor in her way). I don't see it as something that MAY influence her to take up on smoking when she's older...but I think she knows better. It's actually kinda cute when I see her running after me with one of my juices in her hands and calling me, letting me know I left them behind. I've never caught her with my Ego in her mouth...but then again, she managed to pop my atty so...lesson learned: Don't trust kids with e cigs...even if they don't vape, they sometimes forget that they can turn the battery on

Whooooa! That's not cute, that's scary! If she drinks that stuff, it's bad news. Very bad news.

I know, but she knows NOT to put things in her mouth. Even with child proof caps, I still don't rely on them so it's always a main thing to CHECK that I have all my juices before I go walk somewhere. It's hard to be a vaper and have young children around that can get themselves (and parents) a crud load of trouble

On a sunny day when the sun is streaming through a window ,pay attention and you will be amazed at how much vapor is actually in the room when you vape.Almost looks like smoke filled room.There might be some nicotine in there and I would not run the risk of getting the kiddies hooked.I would hate for anyone to have to go through what most of have/are going through trying to get off the habit.

On a sunny day when the sun is streaming through a window ,pay attention and you will be amazed at how much vapor is actually in the room when you vape.Almost looks like smoke filled room.There might be some nicotine in there and I would not run the risk of getting the kiddies hooked.I would hate for anyone to have to go through what most of have/are going through trying to get off the habit.

I'm all for the "better safe than sorry" method, but I doubt those wisps of vapor have anything significant in them. I'd make an uneducated guess that it's about the same or less than the nicotine in tomatoes and potatoes. The same thing goes for the cocaine in our tap water; it's such an incredibly minute amount that our bodies don't even register it.

But that's just my 2 cents. Not trying to discredit you!

Wha...? :blink:

The methods used to clean sewage do not entirely remove traces of illegal drugs that come from human waste, or simply people flushing their drugs. So yes, somewhat little-known fact, there are tiny traces of drugs in tap water.

This has been Popsicle with the "OMG WHY DID YOU TELL ME THAT?!" fact of the day. Take care, folks! :icecream:

I never vape in front of Little kids.. every time i see kids walking around, i usually ghost the vapor(hold it in) and conceal my pv. I have little baby cousins and wouldnt dare vape in front of them.. mainly cuz my parents would prolly kill me =)