My Battery Light Blinking ?

I was using my 510 just now , it was freshly charged and was working fine when the light on the end started blinking , I right away unscrewed the battery from the atomizer and the light continued to blink for another 5-7 seconds after then it went out .

I havnt tried it again yet but what the heck was that about ?

Usually, the culprit of a blinking LED is reaching your cutoff point or your battery dying. Try it again. If it works fine, that was probably just the cutoff feature so the device doesn't overheat. If it just blinks again, try recharging the battery.

P.S.- JUST freshly charged, you mean? Maybe the battery just went bad on you.

Edited by Rohypnolsicle

It could be one of 3 things:

1. The battery is dead and needs charged

2. It's not Joye model. Boge tech for example creates a 510 model that has a 5 second cut off. This is a "Safety feature" built into the unit. When you take a drag for longer than 4 seconds or so it will shut off and the battery LED will blink. After a about 7 seconds you'll be able to take a drag off off the model again. If this happens it's not a Joye.

3. It's a bad battery

Another option is the cleaning cycle,after 200 puffs some of them have a cleaning cycle that is supposed to burn off the residue.As long as it returned to normal I wouldn't worry about it.

I think my 901 batts have a 9 sec. cutoff. When that is reached the LED blinks rapidly and the switch is inoperative while it is flashing. I've heard that some have cutoffs as soon as 4 sec.

Steve, Could be a bad connection, but I'm thinking you got a bad batt if it is doing it on a fresh charge. Or maybe your charger is defective?

Can't really add anything that hasn't already been said. But my first unit had a cut-off of about 6 sec. and it use to drive me crazy. I don't think you have anything to worry about. If it keeps up and your unit doesn't work right then it's time to find something new.

Good luck and happy vaping.

• 4 years later...

hello, i have a galaxy vape and when i took it off charge, and connected it to the tank, the led light kept blinking twice for three times, i tried everything, but i thought maybe i will try one more thing. as i suspected the battery was to tight to the tank, so if anyone has a simular problem, try what i did, it was tight, but not to tight, and now it works just fine

• 1 month later...

The same thing is happening to me and I don't know why I have the ego-t battery the small one and its blinking but I just got it like at most a month ago and its making me mad cause unless I'm watching it I wont know if I'm actually vaping it or not so I'm thinking of just getting a new ecig cause I don't know hoe to fix it

Crystal... first off, you should charge your batteries when/where you can keep an eye on them... it is a very low chance, but Li-ion batteries can explode or catch fire during charging cycles. They make containment-bags for charging them, which will contain/stop any sparks/flames/explosions ... don't want to panic you, but there is that 0.01% chance it can occur...

Next, the flashing light when you attempt to use it is a good indicator that the circuitry has died, or the battery has. If less than 30-days old, you should be able to take it back to the place of purchase. That being said, my guess is that the battery is a knock-off or just one of those duds that we come across from time to time? The issue could also be with your charger. Have you tried another charger, or does this charger work well to charge other batteries?

The VT store has all genuine products, and I would recommend purchasing from a known, reputable vendor, either online or locally. Knock-offs and clones can be just as good as the authentic product, but they also have a far greater chance of failure (or shorter life-span) than an authentic, especially true when talking about batteries and atomizer coils.

• 1 year later...

One solution i didnt see posted here was.. on the E-Smart cigarette if you get these blue blinking lights that never go away its because you have shorted the small filiment to the metal somewhere... i quickly fixed mine by spinning the small metal piece on the bottom of my tank (the piece looks like a tire stem extractor tool lol) best way to describe it.  It's the piece between the tank and battery in the center.  If spinning doesnt work.. take a small paperclip and gently put inside the hole.. not too far... and push against the side and pull back slow.. this should start to pull that center piece out... it wont take much force.. just be gentle... dont remove the center piece completly... after you see it starting to slightly come out...just stop there and screw your tank back on to your battery... your e-cig should work perfectly after this... good luck guys..