Lungs Hurt

Maeflower1234

Hi. Brand new here. I have had the KR808D-1 for a little over a week now. When I vape it really hurts my lungs. I didn't see this on the list of side effects and was wanting someones advise. I smoked Decade Ultra Light 100's. Cheap cigs. I went with strength 11 in the cartomizers. Maybe this is to strong? Or do I just need to get used to it? I don't get much smoke because I can't inhale it very deep. Any thoughts?

First of all, welcome to the forum, Maeflower. I'd say welcome to vaping, too, but if your lungs are hurting, that might not be the thing to say. I don't think I've ever heard of anyones lungs hurting, so I'm not sure. It might be that the nic level is a bit high for you, but 11mg isn't that high either. Could you be getting sick? That might explain it.

I'm sure someone who knows more than me (and it's not hard to find someone who knows more than me) will be along very soon to give you some help.

Welcome to vapor talk and sorry to hear about your lungs hurting. :( Let's see if we can figgure this out. When you vape do you breath directly into your lungs all the time or do you slowly pull the vapor into your mouth then inhale just a little ways? This can make a large difference since the nicotine (which can be a constrictor) would hit your lungs directly if you breath all the way in. It is generaly preferable to fill your mouth with a long soft pull and then inhale just a little ways, since nicotine absorbs just as well in the mouth and throat as it does in the lungs. Also the mouth and throat are less likely to be affected by the constrictive properties of nicotine. Others may have more to add to this, and it may well be that you are coming down with something like Nana said (but let's hope not :) ) Again, Welcome and I hope it gets better for you.

What Flavor of juice are you using?

How often are you puffing also.

Try cutting down a little bit. or take a day or 2 off vaping & determine that way also.

Sometimes I feel like im getting a sore throat due to high nic & Flavor.

So many flavors taste so good But im personally leaning to stick with VG instead.

It don't feel as harsh on my throat. When I vape lots.

I Range from 18mg to 24mg.. Going to cut back to 18 and work my way lower.

Welcome to the forum & you will find good people here.

Hope we could help you pinpoint the issue your having easily but its really hard to do.

PG & NIC can cause problems. Especially too much.

Roger what Dannyboy said. It's more like smoking a cigar than an analog but I've found people smoke analogs differently, too. It's pretty much a fact that you will cough a little at first due to your lungs getting use to breathing in vapor but that usually goes away pretty quickly.

Seems like my lungs hurt a little if I vape all day but nothing troublesome. The most common symptoms are dry mouth, headache, and maybe a little throat irritation.

There is also a rare allergy to PG, one of the things in e-juice but it doesn't seem to have the symptoms you describe. I hate to say this but I would discontinue vaping and see if that helps. Sometimes, these things are hard to narrow down. If you still have aching lungs after laying off the vaping for a few days, by all means see a doctor. No sense taking any chances.

First of all Welcome To the Vapor Talk Forum MaeFlower glad you joined you will meet a great group of people here Maeflower there are threads on the forum that do speak of sore lungs and even hurting once switching from an analog cigarette to vaping and this is possibly part of your body's reaction to no longer inhaling Tar and other by products the Honest and Best advise and one I gave my mom yesterday morning she is experiencing the same issue is that as a long time smoker (she smoked for 40+ years ) is seek your Doctors advise like Nana stated you may be getting a slight illness from no longer smoking and need a antibiotic to help your lungs heal but Call your Doc 1st then figure out if the 11 mg of nic in your Cartridges it may be to strong for you to start out with but get checked out and take care of yurself hope you get to feeling better

I have not tried direct inhaling with e-cigs myself yet and I have no idea if this is actually your issue(I am new to this as well), but I would like to expand a bit on what others have said. The vapor (just like analog cigarette smoke) can get really hot after a long pull. When filling your mouth first you can even hold it there for a couple seconds before actually inhaling. Smoke will cool very quickly and every moment helps.

This is the entire reason for a churchwarden stem on a pipe being so long and the reason why you can direct inhale so easily with a hookah (it has water at the bottom to cool the vapor).

I have found hurting lungs lead from harsh smoke which is caused by either heat, or particulates in the smoke (namely, ashes)... with the latter being pretty much impossible with a vaporizer.

It's so easy to use the PV as a stress or boredom reliever that I find myself chain vaping. I've found that chain vaping will make my lungs sore. I then back down.

I will add here, I use the same model and I did have some discomfort during the first week if I took to big of a hit. Try taking smaller drags, not too small but stop before the cutoff. It took about a week to a week and a half for my lungs to adjust and have the ability to breathe deep. I guess that was the real issue, as a smoker I wasn't able to breathe that deep. At about two weeks I noticed this was no longer an issue, I now have much more lung capacity. I just called it "the learning curve", it is an adjustment learning to vape at first.

I was like Wright306, and still am in the morning hours. But by late afternoon I certainly enjoy a good hearty drag. Even then I still have to let a little tiny puff escape from my lips before inhaling and quickly exhaling the vapor. But it exhales just like (actually 10 times better) than an analog. Glory be! I hope your situation is similiar, and that after a day or two with baby puffs (1-3) second drags, you'll be able to leap forward like we did. The only downfall is you'll need more juice. Sweeeeet.

Welcome to the site. Not much I can add that the others haven't already told you. I'm fairly new here myself and being a long time smoker my lungs are shot already anyway. So check with your doctor and hopefully you can keep on the right track.

Good Luck!!!