Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo

7 Volt Mod

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 mcquinn

mcquinn

Vapor Talk God Poster

• VIP Member
  • 3,493 posts
  • Interests:HVAC/R tech.,guitar,music in general,

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:32 PM

I could not beleive this one .
"The GG Transformer is the most versatile PV on the planet. Constructed out of 5 pieces, the GGT can adapt to many different styles of lithium-ion rechargeable batteries simply by removing or adding aluminum spacers.

The following battery combinations are possible:

1 x CR123A 3.7v for a total of 3.7v
1 x CR2 3.7v for a total of 3.7v
2 x CR2 3.0v for a total of 6.0v
2 x CR123A 3.0v for a total of 6.0v
1 x 18650 3.7v for a total of 3.7v
1 x 18500 3.7v for a total of 3.7v
1 x 14500 3.7v for a total of 3.7v
2 x CR123A 3.6v for a total of 7.2v (recommended only with Imeoatties)
2 x CR123A 3.7v for a total of 7.4v (recommended only with Imeoatties)"

or
"The AFS is intended to be used with the GGT and upcoming GGTS.

If you've been watching the GG Forum on ECF then you know what the AFS is all about. This revolutionary add-on to the GG is a self contained liquid resevoir and atomizer (replaceable). It automatically feeds the perfect amount of e-Liquid to the specially modified RN4075 atomizer inside. This is an advanced user item and we do not suggest new users purchase the AFS."

I wish I had some money to burn I would like to play with the Automatic feed system.

#2 RustyVape

RustyVape

VT Member

• e Cig Supplier
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:Old Silverwings.

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:07 PM

Some links:

GGT-S

cloud9vaping.co.uk

GGAFS-23-901

#3 Ray

Ray

Contributing Member

• VT Member
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Good stuff

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:28 PM

I could not beleive this one .
"The GG Transformer is the most versatile PV on the planet. Constructed out of 5 pieces, the GGT can adapt to many different styles of lithium-ion rechargeable batteries simply by removing or adding aluminum spacers.

The following battery combinations are possible:

1 x CR123A 3.7v for a total of 3.7v
1 x CR2 3.7v for a total of 3.7v
2 x CR2 3.0v for a total of 6.0v
2 x CR123A 3.0v for a total of 6.0v
1 x 18650 3.7v for a total of 3.7v
1 x 18500 3.7v for a total of 3.7v
1 x 14500 3.7v for a total of 3.7v
2 x CR123A 3.6v for a total of 7.2v (recommended only with Imeoatties)
2 x CR123A 3.7v for a total of 7.4v (recommended only with Imeoatties)"

or
"The AFS is intended to be used with the GGT and upcoming GGTS.

If you've been watching the GG Forum on ECF then you know what the AFS is all about. This revolutionary add-on to the GG is a self contained liquid resevoir and atomizer (replaceable). It automatically feeds the perfect amount of e-Liquid to the specially modified RN4075 atomizer inside. This is an advanced user item and we do not suggest new users purchase the AFS."

I wish I had some money to burn I would like to play with the Automatic feed system.

This ones only a 6volt but is looking sleek.

#4 ddavelarsen

ddavelarsen

Vapor Talk Respected Member

• VIP Member
  • 1,894 posts
  • Interests:Hard-science SF; monster movies; custom knives.

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:23 AM

I've seriously considered stepping up to the GG just for the auto feed system. Plus it looks cool! But this is a serious amount of money for me, more than I can just throw around. I expect one of the US modders will come up with auto feed too eventually. That's when I'll jump in. It sure sounds great.

#5 bzeisman

bzeisman

Super Poster

• VIP Member
  • 299 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:48 AM

sorry, but for $200 bucks, this thing better sing me bed time stories and drive my lazy *** to work. besides, for half the price, you can get a 'chuck', customize it to look however you want, and still vape at you prefered voltage.

#6 ddavelarsen

ddavelarsen

• VIP Member
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:40 AM

Yeah, but the Chuck doesn't look that cool or have a hundred-dollar auto feed option. :D It's way out of my price range, but if it lasts the rest of your life that might actually be pretty dang cheap. I'm sure going to keep it in the back of my mind. Maybe in a couple years I'll be bored enough with what I'm using I'll feel like taking the leap.

Actually, the Chuck was about to be my 6V choice until the Joker came around. I like em both a lot.

#7 profbeard

profbeard

Super Poster

• VT Member
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Cars

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:14 AM

I use a (3.7-4.2v) Screwdriver, but have ordered a SuperSix from Super T Manufacturing. The SuperSix looks really sleek and is very versatile. Give it a once over - not cheap but high quality.

#8 ddavelarsen

ddavelarsen

• VIP Member
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:17 AM

I didn't connect the name with an image in my mind, but yeah, I've looked at that before. Its quality is obvious but I really can't see how you'd use it with one hand with the button on the end like that. And boy, that brass mouthpiece would smash my teeth the first bump I hit in the road! :D I think that's why the GG is appealing to me.

#9 profbeard

profbeard

Super Poster

• VT Member
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Cars

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:02 AM

I didn't connect the name with an image in my mind, but yeah, I've looked at that before. Its quality is obvious but I really can't see how you'd use it with one hand with the button on the end like that. And boy, that brass mouthpiece would smash my teeth the first bump I hit in the road! :D I think that's why the GG is appealing to me.

The brass mouthpiece is an extra for drippers. You use normal plastic carts like the GG as standard. The button at the end works really well one-handed - you hold the device between thumb and index finger and press the button with your ring finger or pinkie. (That's how is use my Screwdriver) "Mods" come as end-button or side button - it's just a matter of personal preference - I actually find end-button more comfortable myself.

Also - the SuperSix is MUCH smaller than the GG

Edited by profbeard, 11 January 2010 - 10:03 AM.

#10 Sinikal

Sinikal

O.G Sin

• VIP Member
  • 775 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:40 AM

(Moving to mods tips and tricks) :smoke: