Puff Counters

Adversarious1

Hey All,

I decided I wanted to run my Lost Vape Triade through some tests.  One of the things I'm looking at is the efficiency of the DNA200 chip (i.e. - battery life) because I haven't been able to find too many reviews that say much more than "oh, the DNA chips are awesome".  I want to see actual results and have something to compare to.  As it's the only mod I have that has a puff counter option, I'd like to know if any of you use a mod with a different chip that has a puff counter.

Specifics I'd like to see are:

Brand

Model

Chipset (if known)

Single, dual, triple or quad battery

18650 or 26650

Average number of puffs on a fresh set of batteries

Attomizer you typically run (RBA/RDA, RDTA or tank)

Typical coil resistance (e.g. 1.5 ohm; 0.5 ohm)

Typical wattage (or temperature setting if you are running TC)

How far you drain batteries before you swap them out (e.g. - down to 20%)

If there is anybody that has a really bad case of OCD and you manually or mentally keep track of your puffs, you're welcome to send feed back as well.

Edited by Adversarious1
Added additional data requested

I'm interested enough to give it  go one of these days.  I have an IPV8 with a YiHi chipset and a counter.  I am amazed at the battery life of the Istick 100W TC.  Amazed enough to calculate the tank I'm using and the set wattage.  At 100% and avg. 5 sec draws, I come up with about 300 vapes.  Just as a swag, that seems reasonable to what I am witnessing.   Unfortunately no puff counter on it.  On the other hand my pico seems to suck down batteries.  Of course that could be because I have a wide variety of coils and a wide variety of wattage settings. Being an overenthusiastic newby it's pretty ordinary for me to hit 5 tanks and 5 or more flavors a day.  So nothing scientific here.  No controls in place, lol.  During the day I am vaping fairly infrequently and the wattage is up fairly high per preheating a cold unit.  In the evening I hit it pretty hard and the wattage goes down as the unit stays preheated. 

I'm game.  I'll give it a go here soon and let you know what I come up with. 

5 minutes ago, Walt said:

Being an overenthusiastic newby it's pretty ordinary for me to hit 5 tanks and 5 or more flavors a day.

That's overenthusiastic?  I thought that was just part of vaping!

Puff counter... there's something I've not seen on a mod since my Innokin MVP 2.0 :) 

One thing you also have to consider is the length of puff because 20 10-sec puffs draw more battery power than 20 5-sec puffs... But that will be hard to determine since no chip-set I know will record that average?

On my old MVP, I use to run a 1.5 Ohm Kanger BDC at 9-10W and would get somewhere between 425 and 475 puffs before it went down to 50% (yellow light), which is when I would charge it.   I think it was a 2600mAh battery, which would be comparable to a single-battery mod?

I know it's an older mod, but it might give you a little base-line for comparison?

1 minute ago, Adversarious1 said:

That's overenthusiastic?  I thought that was just part of vaping!

That actually makes me feel like dropping the newbe status, lol.  I will say this, vaping really comes naturally to me. 

2 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

One thing you also have to consider is the length of puff because 20 10-sec puffs draw more battery power than 20 5-sec puffs... But that will be hard to determine since no chip-set I know will record that average?

It has been a few weeks since I plugged it into the computer, but I'm pretty sure with the escribe software (DNA chip software) I can calculate the average puff length.  

For calculating the Istick I set the mod @ 3.15V with a coil at .33ohm.  This would yield about 9.55A.  With my average 5 second puff that would be 47.7 amp seconds.  Extrapolated to amp hours about .0133.  Figuring one 18650 rated at 2000mah or 2Ah that would produce about 151 draws if the mod were 100% efficient.  

Edited by Walt
Calculation mistake one battery

OK...turns out I should have dived a little deeper into the escribe software.  It will do everything for me as far as calculating overall efficiency based on the way I vape.  As an added bonus, it looks like it will also simulate different settings, so I may be able to run simulations based on how others vape so I can make a somewhat educated recommendation to people who are looking at a DNA equipped mod in the future.