Ultrasonic Vape Cleaner

Walt

3 minutes ago, Tam said:

Interesting concept. I wonder how well they will sell?

No idea.  There are quite a few consumer models available marketed for cleaning jewelry.  Functionally the same, I would assume.  Industrially they have been used for a long time cleaning all kinds of things including circuit boards.  I'm not advocating dumping your mod in one.  Getting it dry would be a real problem.  It does seem like a tidy, effortless, method. 

I use a ultrasound cleaner to clean my coils, it works very well. I have also used it to steep juice.

The big difference between those cleaners and mine is the one I have holds about 1/2 gal of water, and has a heater. I usually wait until I have 10 - 15 coils to clean before I use it.

18 minutes ago, FXRich said:

I use a ultrasound cleaner to clean my coils, it works very well. I have also used it to steep juice.

The big difference between those cleaners and mine is the one I have holds about 1/2 gal of water, and has a heater. I usually wait until I have 10 - 15 coils to clean before I use it.

Does the heater make a big difference?  Looking around a little, I am becoming intrigued with these.  Thinking of other things I could clean with them.  Might be worth getting into a little more expensive unit. 

The heater does make a difference. The one I have will hold 2 liters, I originally got it to clean car parts like spark plugs and injectors. Its mostly Stainless steel, and will keep the water temp at about 180f. I have found it will clean the crud off a coil without dry burning.

I don't use it much for steeping because it also removes labels.

8 minutes ago, FXRich said:

The heater does make a difference. The one I have will hold 2 liters, I originally got it to clean car parts like spark plugs and injectors. Its mostly Stainless steel, and will keep the water temp at about 180f. I have found it will clean the crud off a coil without dry burning.

I don't use it much for steeping because it also removes labels.

Thank you!  I hate buying things multiple times until I get the one that works.  I have a bike that has a very finicky set of carbs.  Every spring, even with stabilizer,  I'm tearing it down and blowing out the jets.  I would much rather sonic clean the carbs and get it done right. 

Just now, Walt said:

Thank you!  I hate buying things multiple times until I get the one that works.  I have a bike that has a very finicky set of carbs.  Every spring, even with stabilizer,  I'm tearing it down and blowing out the jets.  I would much rather sonic clean the carbs and get it done right. 

I have a 850 Norton Commando, and the Amal carbs fit nicely, and clean up really well. When cleaning car parts I use a solvent instead of water, but no heat. I have also used it to clean Harley parts. With the SS tank it is easy to switch between solvent and water.