Drip Tips

Cloud-9

Hi everyone, well here I go again with a noob question, please forgive my ignorance. Is a drip tip the same thing as a mouth piece? The reason I'm asking is I want to change the mouthpieces of my Joye eGo AIO and Joye eGo D16 AIO or other mods I have ordered.

Thanks so much folks! [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using The Vapor Talk mobile app

7 minutes ago, Cloud-9 said:

Hi everyone, well here I go again with a noob question, please forgive my ignorance. Is a drip tip the same thing as a mouth piece? The reason I'm asking is I want to change the mouthpieces of my Joye eGo AIO and Joye eGo D16 AIO or other mods I have ordered.

Thanks so much folks! emoji1360.png

Sent from my iPhone using The Vapor Talk mobile app

Yes, they are. the "standard" driptip is a 510 which refers to the size of male end you stick into the top of the tank (more or less) a wide bore driptip  has a bigger diameter than the standard or a MTL (mouth to lung) driptip which has a smaller diameter.  The AIO has a 510 connection but is on the smaller MTL side. I just put a standard in my AIO and it fit fine and visa versa in my kanger toptank and my wotofo serpent mini

Edited by Edna

9 minutes ago, Edna said:

Yes, they are. the "standard" driptip is a 510 which refers to the size of male end you stick into the top of the tank (more or less) a wide bore driptip  has a bigger diameter than the standard or a MTL (mouth to lung) driptip which has a smaller diameter.  The AIO has a 510 connection but is on the smaller MTL side. I just put a standard in my AIO and it fit fine and visa versa in my kanger toptank and my wotofo serpent mini

Yep...everything @Ednasaid.  Just remember, wide "bore" isn't the same thing as wide "mouth".  You will come across 510 drip tips that are wide "mouth", but are still 510 tips.

A thread from a few months ago if you want to read a little bit more. :)

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/topic/30379-wide-bore-vs-wide-mouth-drip-tips/#comment-266164

They dynamics of airflow is a science in it's own right.  I know of it from being part of a team designing oxygen generators that utilized a pressure swing absorption means of creating pure oxygen.  My knowledge of the science is very limited beyond understanding that it is very involved.  Many of these tanks are engineering wonders, IMHO.  Changing the tip is one small part of the equation.  The ego aio is designed through and through to deliver high level nicotine at a limited volume, mimicking an analog.  Numerous considerations go into a cloud chasing machine.  High VG content, low impedance coils with large surface areas to heat more juice at once, a high wicking capacity in the coil to supply enough juice, high constant velocity of air across the coil as well as to the receiver, as well as significant amperage to fuel the coil.  I'm sure there are more considerations that I haven't discovered yet.  I've only been at this a month and I already have a few different set ups for different vaping experiences. 

12 minutes ago, Walt said:

They dynamics of airflow is a science in it's own right.  I know of it from being part of a team designing oxygen generators that utilized a pressure swing absorption means of creating pure oxygen.  My knowledge of the science is very limited beyond understanding that it is very involved.  Many of these tanks are engineering wonders, IMHO.  Changing the tip is one small part of the equation.  The ego aio is designed through and through to deliver high level nicotine at a limited volume, mimicking an analog.  Numerous considerations go into a cloud chasing machine.  High VG content, low impedance coils with large surface areas to heat more juice at once, a high wicking capacity in the coil to supply enough juice, high constant velocity of air across the coil as well as to the receiver, as well as significant amperage to fuel the coil.  I'm sure there are more considerations that I haven't discovered yet.  I've only been at this a month and I already have a few different set ups for different vaping experiences. 

Something tells me @Waltis as fascinated by the science behind vaping as I am. :ph34r: