I would like the advice of someone who has or had copd and vapes now please.

My aunt is terribly sick,they think it is copd,she is still smoking ciggarettes , but my grandma saw her with a vape once,however I think it may have been an herbal vaporizer and she was being covert around grandma.she is on a nebulizer now.her and get daughter both chain smoke all over the top of each other,I need to convert both!if you have/had copd I've got some questions for you!how fast did you see an improvement,what is a simple tank and set up to get her through her day minimal fuss long battery life?I have some ideas.what finally got you off the smokes?she has to care for my cousin who has bipolar,and ptsd,and her son and sometimes her two daughters.it has to be easy to clean she has a very bad case of OCD , and clinical depression.any advice would be great!!!thanks in advance!!

9 hours ago, Foofightervapegirl said:

My aunt is terribly sick,they think it is copd,she is still smoking ciggarettes , but my grandma saw her with a vape once,however I think it may have been an herbal vaporizer and she was being covert around grandma.she is on a nebulizer now.her and get daughter both chain smoke all over the top of each other,I need to convert both!if you have/had copd I've got some questions for you!how fast did you see an improvement,what is a simple tank and set up to get her through her day minimal fuss long battery life?I have some ideas.what finally got you off the smokes?she has to care for my cousin who has bipolar,and ptsd,and her son and sometimes her two daughters.it has to be easy to clean she has a very bad case of OCD , and clinical depression.any advice would be great!!!thanks in advance!!

I have a neighbor who I bought this set up (here )  he's an esophageal cancer survivor and he's about off analogs finally . It's easy to use and great for MTL newbie vapors. The best part is coils are cheap and the charge lasts quite a long time. I also bought them for my son and daughter in law too, as stocking stuffers to see if I can get them off analogs. If it works you can upgrade them to better set ups... if not ...you're not going to go broke in the process. I just make sure I give a wide variety of juice flavors to go with them since tastes vary to each person. Finding the right juice can make all the difference as to if they stick with it or not I've found.

Good luck.

Since I know she is already familiar with tanks  (most herbal vapes I've seen have one) I thought that would be easier adjustment for her,I looked at that set up and saw just a few problems,the tank will not come off for cleaning?she has ocd,everything has to be spotless all the time,she compulsively vacuums her floor four times a day every day.no adjustable airflow either.I was thinking maybe a nautilus mini with the hollowed out sleeve,so if she drops it.then she can have the original tank as a back up.and maybe the istick 30 watt?I guess as awkward as it is I'm going to have to call down there and see what she already has :(.

Edited by Foofightervapegirl

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about your aunt, and I can definitely relate, being diagnosed with COPD a year ago. I was able to stop smoking for about as long as it took me to walk from the doctors office and back out to the car. I continued to smoke and struggle with the COPD episodes and inhalers 4 times a day until this past August, when I started my research on vaping. I stopped by the local vape shop and got started with an eleaf istick nano 40. I was able to cut back on the cigs to about 5 - 10 a day and was using the heck out of the eleaf. Wasn't happy with the eleaf as it seemed to leak, and being new to vaping, didn't care for the oily touch after charging being it has to be laid on it's side to charge. A few weeks later I picked up a Smoktech osub as I was determined to get away from the smokes. I thought, "Yeah, Buddy", now I think I'm getting somewhere. Within a week I was down to 1 or 2 in the morning only and the Smok for the rest of the day. I should add that I smoked nothing but menthol and have been vaping the same. By the second week of November I was off the cigs completely, however, my wife thought it was a good idea and confiscated my Smok. She's off the cigs now and on the Smok, so I picked up an Aspire Archon 150 and topped it off with a Crown tank. Am off the cigs, only using my inhaler once a day, and doing a lot better with very few, if any so far, COPD episodes. Nic 6 juice (menthol) is working fine for me, but that's just me. Believe me, if I could put those things down, I believe anyone can. This is just the route I took to do it.

@condor266 thanks!!yeah my aunt actually smokes menthol , so thanks so much , she is actually I found out doing what you were doing in the beginning.I will take what you said under advisement,big time!!and make sure the set up I send does not leak,her being OCD that would spell disaster!!where do you find that juice?I have never heard of it before.thanks again for your help!!!