Hi new here

meems

I've been vaping for years, just new here. I have a question about upgrading my tank, I have davadine tank, it uses kangertech coils (evod, unitank protank) I was told my flavor is really being muted. I have a ton of stockpiled coils. Can I try to find a different tank that can accommodate those coils or will that put me right back to same flavor experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been vaping for years, just new here. I have a question about upgrading my tank, I have davadine tank, it uses kangertech coils (evod, unitank protank) I was told my flavor is really being muted. I have a ton of stockpiled coils. Can I try to find a different tank that can accommodate those coils or will that put me right back to same flavor experience?

Coils are going to play a large part in your flavor experience, but coils are only one piece of the puzzle. The good new is yes, there are other tanks that use those coils. @Tam and a couple of others might weigh in on which other tanks that use them.

As far as flavor being muted, though, that is a subjective opinion. What one person thinks is muted another may think is out of this world. Take any advice or comments like that with a grain of salt, (including from me, as I am guilty of inserting my own subjective opinion). If you are happy with the flavor then that's what matters. However, trying new tanks never hurts. You may stumble upon one you like even more.

Sent from my heart using the Vapor Talk App. OK...OK...I'm kidding. I have no heart. But I did use the Vapor Talk Mobile App.

6 hours ago, Adversarious1 said:

Coils are going to play a large part in your flavor experience, but coils are only one piece of the puzzle. The good new is yes, there are other tanks that use those coils. @Tam and a couple of others might weigh in on which other tanks that use them.

As far as flavor being muted, though, that is a subjective opinion. What one person thinks is muted another may think is out of this world. Take any advice or comments like that with a grain of salt, (including from me, as I am guilty of inserting my own subjective opinion). If you are happy with the flavor then that's what matters. However, trying new tanks never hurts. You may stumble upon one you like even more.

If it's single coils, you can use them in ProTank 1, 2 and three as well as their mini counterparts. They'll also fit into Evod tanks but I don't know which ones exactly. They will work in Kanger Aerotanks as well as the Aspire Davide/Davide mini (they're nearly identical to the ProTanks).

We're all guilty of inserting our own subjective opinions on vaping gear. The hard part about recommending something to someone is that what works for one may not work for another, it's so very subjective just like juice flavors.  :D 

1 minute ago, meems said:

It feels like it's too warm of a vape and the smell vs taste is not close.

Set your watts/volts down and vape. If it's not what you like, then turn it up a little. Vape. Repeat until you get a slight burnt flavor and then turn it down just a bit. That should be the sweet spot for that juice/coil combination. This would work best with a brand new coil after it's had a few minutes to prime the wick.

17 minutes ago, meems said:

I'm seeing the manger aerotank v2 comes with dual coils, I have single coils. Are those compatible?

Yes they are :) Both will work just fine in the Aerotank v2 though the dual coils tend to perform better. The single coils will work in basically any device that takes dual coils. The official single coil list is: 

• Kanger Aerotank Mini
  • Aerotank Mega
  • Aerotank
  • Protank 3
  • Mini Protank 3
  • EVOD 2
  • TOP EVOD
  • T3D
  • EVOD Glass
  • Aerotank v2
  • Aerotank Giant
  • Aerotank Turbo
  • Genitank
  • Genitank Mini
  • Genitank Mega
  • Genitank Giant
  • TOPTANK EVOD

If you're big of the Aerotank series you might also want to try the Kangertech VOCC coils, they are like the single and dual coils except they use Cotton instead of Silica: https://www.vaportalk.com/us/product/kangertech-vocc-atomizer-head/

5 hours ago, Tam said:

I use single coils in my Aerotank with no problems. @Earthling789 is our resident expert on Aerotanks so you might want to wait for him to chime in.   :) 

Christopher gave a great list above... and yes, the BCC (single coils) will work in the Aerotank V1 and V2, but the BDC (dual-coils) work far better for flavor and they seal better in the tank, which means less chance of leaking ;)  One thing you can do is take an old coil and remove the little silicone seal from the top of the coil... the little "hat" that sits on the coil shaft and covers the top of the coil / seals the coil to the air-tube... flip it upside down and slide it onto the shaft of a new coil and that extra bit of silicone will help bolster "gap" and seal the coil in the tank better.  It's not always necessary, but if you find a coil that wants to leak a little onto your battery or out the air-holes... it's a quick fix!

For best results... the single coils (BCC) fit the EVOD, Unitank, ProTank, ProTank2, ProTank2-mini, and T3D.  The BDC fit best (and work best) in the remaining tanks @Christopher listed above.

I still use the Aerotanks quite often, and have almost exhausted all my BCC... Like I said, I prefer the BDC for flavor and longevity, but I've used plenty of BCC in them without issue, other than the occasional coil that wants to leak, and the additional silicone seal fixes it right up!

• 3 weeks later...