Does unopened juice stay good longer?

I know that it is best to leave juice in a dark cool place to help it to stay good longer but I was wondering if I keep the plastic wrap on and never open it until I've used up all the opened juice would it last longer? Also, does the dark bottles help it to last longer? Not all juices put an expiration date on them and every now & then I'll grab a bottle that's been open in the drawer for a long time and it will be thick as syrup. Now this juice I HAVE to use in my Kangertech Subox Nano tanks with the big coils. They stop up my Protank and Kangertech coils in one tank use. Its true the taste does get better with age. I've never had juice long enough that it tastes bad.

In theory it should last longer but as to how much longer? I suppose it depends on the seal. I don't think most wraps are vacuum sealed. It's just a protection seal to show the bottle is unopened. I would think that as long as the cap is tight, you'd get the best longevity out of the juice. Vacuum sealing removes the air, which is the main cause of degradation. But I don't think juices are vacuum sealed. 

Light, heat, and Oxygen are the things that degrade a juice.  Nicotine is usually the first thing to go (dark color) due to Oxygenation. 

Generally, juices are good for a couple of years after they are mixed, and yes, if you keep the lids sealed tightly, dark colored bottles, away from heat and light... they will last longer than 2 years... how much longer?  I guess it will depend on the flavorings, VG/PG ratio, Nicotine %, and of course, the quality of your ingredients.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 9:27 AM, Earthling789 said:

Light, heat, and Oxygen are the things that degrade a juice.  Nicotine is usually the first thing to go (dark color) due to Oxygenation. 

Generally, juices are good for a couple of years after they are mixed, and yes, if you keep the lids sealed tightly, dark colored bottles, away from heat and light... they will last longer than 2 years... how much longer?  I guess it will depend on the flavorings, VG/PG ratio, Nicotine %, and of course, the quality of your ingredients.

Do yall think it would stay fresher in the refrigerator since heat seems to be a degrading factor? I know my dad always kept his batteries in the refrigerator because he said it made them last longer and now I keep all my batteries in the refrigerator. Thanks for the reply guys!

Most manufacturers recommend NOT storing batteries in the fridge because, whole it's true that it slows the rate of discharge, if its not done carefully it can actually damage the battery.  Extreme cold, condensation, are also bad.  

A cool place is recommended. But refrigeration doesn't buy you much especially since our batteries are rechargeable anyway.

Yes, storing your e-liquid in the fridge is a great way to make it stay fresh longer... but only if you don't plan on vaping that bottle for a couple of years.  I do keep my mixing supplies in the fridge (and freezer) to prolong their lives, but we're talking GALLONS of supplies, not 30ml bottles.  now, if I mix a batch of 1-liter of e-liquid, and find I don't like it after I've vaped it for a couple months... I may store the remaining dozen 60ml bottles in the fridge so they won't go bad until I decide they're worth vaping again... but even when I mix up my ADV (yes, usually in 600-900ml batches), I don't store them in the fridge... they're on a shelf in my office, which is cool and dark... and I'll normally go though those 10-15 60ml bottles in a few months... so they don't go bad while waiting to be vaped.

As for batteries... the old-school dry-cells made prior to the 1970's did "last longer" if they were kept cool, like in the fridge, but today's more advanced Alkaline batteries aren't helped in the least (usually harmed as @Bebop stated above) by putting them in the fridge.  As long as they are kept cool... like normal room-temps... they'll be just fine in storage for more than 5 years.

On a side-note... I bought a box-lot of vintage cameras a few years ago, and the Brownie camera flash had EveryReady batteries in it... from the early '50s... and they STILL WORKED to power the flash bulbs, and hadn't leaked in 60+ years of storage in someone's basement!

17 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

Yes, storing your e-liquid in the fridge is a great way to make it stay fresh longer... but only if you don't plan on vaping that bottle for a couple of years.  I do keep my mixing supplies in the fridge (and freezer) to prolong their lives, but we're talking GALLONS of supplies, not 30ml bottles.  now, if I mix a batch of 1-liter of e-liquid, and find I don't like it after I've vaped it for a couple months... I may store the remaining dozen 60ml bottles in the fridge so they won't go bad until I decide they're worth vaping again... but even when I mix up my ADV (yes, usually in 600-900ml batches), I don't store them in the fridge... they're on a shelf in my office, which is cool and dark... and I'll normally go though those 10-15 60ml bottles in a few months... so they don't go bad while waiting to be vaped.

As for batteries... the old-school dry-cells made prior to the 1970's did "last longer" if they were kept cool, like in the fridge, but today's more advanced Alkaline batteries aren't helped in the least (usually harmed as @Bebop stated above) by putting them in the fridge.  As long as they are kept cool... like normal room-temps... they'll be just fine in storage for more than 5 years.

On a side-note... I bought a box-lot of vintage cameras a few years ago, and the Brownie camera flash had EveryReady batteries in it... from the early '50s... and they STILL WORKED to power the flash bulbs, and hadn't leaked in 60+ years of storage in someone's basement!

Yes, Earthling, that was the learning years from my dad. 70's and 80's. Thank you for getting me straight on that issue, you and Bebop. I wont tell my kids know that yall said that though. They are grown and when they come to visit they make fun of me for keeping my batteries in the refrigerator. And I will always say" Daddy told me that and daddy was always right". I miss that old man. Thanks for the info about extending the life of my juice. I'm big on buying up on juice when they offer great holiday sales so I have some in there that is over a year old but they are in dark bottles and never been opened. Halloween is coming and I'm on the look out for the sales to hit anytime.