Age verification

smacksy

4 minutes ago, smacksy said:

How does VT verify my age?

I ask because I just placed an order with another vendor that used my date of birth and last four of my SS#...is VT like this too? Thx

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I never have had to. Last order I just clicked that I was over 18 and ordered

6 minutes ago, smacksy said:

You only order from VT?

No, I have one other place where I order but I never have given out the last for of my SS#. . I stopped ordering from VapeWild because they asked for it but they've changed that policy because they lost so much business. However, I still haven't ordered from them

Edited by Edna

Better the last four of SS# than a copy of my DL..besides, one can't
do much with only four digits..but a DL copy could pose even a bigger risk..
The VA has been using the last four to identify me for years..just sayin

Just now, smacksy said:

Better the last four of SS# than a copy of my DL..besides, one can't
do much with only four digits..but a DL copy could pose even a bigger risk..
The VA has been using the last four to identify me for years..just sayin

I know they have I had my ID stolen so I'm paranoid. It cost me thousands until I got everything fixed. Then I got paid back but I'm never going thru that again.

I know they have I had my ID stolen so I'm paranoid. It cost me thousands until I got everything fixed. Then I got paid back but I'm never going thru that again.

I subscribe to Lifelock..They truly have my back preventing identity theft..(SS#, DL#, CC, DC and even my Best Buy card)

Case in point..

I lost my wallet with DL, and SS card drunk one nite at Mardi Gras in New Orleans..

A few days later Lifelock sends me a gmail and text alert asking me if I was buying a couple iPhones at the Verizon store..I said no, this is not me, and they immediately stopped the transaction (using my SS#) in the store at the counter....I understand the lady trying to use my SS# was arrested at the Version Store...that was in 2008 when the Saints won the Super Bowl and I've been with Lifelock ever since..[emoji12]

Some stores signed up with a service that uses information gathered from what you provide during the transaction and that verifies that you are over 18 in those cases (sometimes they are unable to do it that way).  Some sites signed up with the service that uses the last 4 from the SSN and other available data to verify.  Our B&M store uses a different system (but those who are under 27 have to send a selfie with their DL next to their face?) but over that age, you aren't supposed to have to do that, but it's been glitching and requiring everyone to.  Needless to say, we haven't been using the website, and it's a PITA having to run out to the store every time we need something from them.  Hopefully, the third party will get their act together soon, or the store will sign up with a different 3rd party.  When I ordered my stuff from My Vapor Store, it was an automatic age verification - I didn't have to enter any info other than, I THINK, my DOB.

Just now, smacksy said:

I don't think all vendors are FDA compliant yet and working to find the right 3rd party...

Well, they had to be compliant by August 8.  Most of the online stores I've visited name their third party company.

Well, they had to be compliant by August 8.  Most of the online stores I've visited name their third party company.

My last order a few days ago was with Eciggity.

They use a third party called Veratad that used the last 4 of my SS#..much better than sending a copy of my DL and selfie...it was instant verifation, and good for all future orders...I like vendors who make it fast and simple ...don't like jumping thru hoops just because I need to vape, lol

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

What are the Chinese using to verify age, probably nothing but the normal are you over 18 thing that you have to say yes to. 

I wouldn't know about that, I never order directly from China..Too impatient waiting on that long boat ride, lol

1 minute ago, smacksy said:

I wouldn't know about that, I never order directly from China..Too impatient waiting on that long boat ride, lol

When I do get stuff from China it takes 2 - 3 weeks, I don't order anything from China that I need right now, but something that I already have that I want to stock up on, like coils or wire, something that I won't need for a few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, smacksy said:

I just canceled my order with Verde Valley Vapes. They wanted my date of birth and the last 4 of my social security number..

Why you have given it out too other vendors