Melo 3 mini

Lori s

Hi Lori,

I went through that too with my melo/pico combo. My suggestions would be twofold. One you might not have your wattage high enough to vaporize the juice and secondly if you're inhaling directly to your lungs you might be hitting it too hard and flooding it. What helped with me was raising the wattage some while slowly shutting the airflow a little bit at a time. I eventually bought some driptips with screens too and that helped.

What vg/pg level juice are you using and are you a direct to lung or a mouth to lung vaper? That might help you get better answers to your questions.

What resistance coil do you have in your melo right now? What battery/mod/power source are you using? These things will also give us the information we need to help you better.  :)

Edna suggested a drip tip with a screen in it. She sent me one to try and it's become my favorite. The screen helps to block the splatter of the eliquid very well.

I have experienced excess spitback when adding too much water to the juice, I sometimes add a little distilled water to the tank when using a KPT, I mix my juice 30PG/70VG because I use mostly Subtanks, and they do well with a high VG juice, but a KPT doesn't wick well with high VG. If I use a watered down juice in a subtank I get a lot of spitback. Not saying you put water in your juice, but where you get your juice might. A few months ago I drove up to WA. on the way back I ran out of juice so I stopped at a convenience store and got 10ml of juice to get me home, (last time I do that) it spit back a lot, I had to lower my TC setting to get it to stop. Getting to the point, it might be your juice, and not your device.

• 4 weeks later...
On September 24, 2016 at 9:28 AM, Lori s said:

I have tried everything I know what to do and I still get ejuice splattered in my mouth/throat when vaping.emoji34.png. HELP. Hopefully someone has an idea that I haven't tried.i haves tried the .03ohm and the .05ohm eleaf coils.

Sent from my SM-G935V using The Vapor Talk mobile app

Had that same problem for a while.  Lowered my wattage to about 15.  Don't overfill the tank and when I fill my tank I'm sure to wipe any excess juice from around the coil.  Hard hits flood your coil and that's when it gets in your mouth, yuck!  I usually do a 6 second hit slowly, not like a cigarette.  Keep trying, you'll get it.  I also use Q tips,  the fat ones for babies, to clean the mouthpiece.  After all this I don't have that problem lately.  Good luck.  I use 30 watt Eleaf battery and melo tank. Great starter kit.