Teen covering up cigarette smell blows up car

☄️ I truly didn't know air freshener could do that. Wonder when the FDA will get around to regulating that  to oblivion and back?

Fortunately that incident occurred in Germany. Not that it's a fortunate situation, just that it didn't happen here in the U.S.

Many air freaheners will do that. It's usually the propellant that is flammable (in the case of spray air fresheners).

Sent from my heart using the Vapor Talk App. OK...OK...I'm kidding. I have no heart. But I did use the Vapor Talk Mobile App.

Actually gas that is expelled from someone's rear can be explosive, they can try to ban that too.

That's true. It's nothing short of a miracle I didn't blow myself up during the almost quarter century I smoled. [emoji23]

Sent from my heart using the Vapor Talk App. OK...OK...I'm kidding. I have no heart. But I did use the Vapor Talk Mobile App.

8 hours ago, Tam said:

2604.png I truly didn't know air freshener could do that. Wonder when the FDA will get around to regulating that  to oblivion and back?

In Germany (and the EU), their air-freshener propellants can ignite (if concentrated and in a confined space).  Our overlords in the FDA / EPA have rendered our air-fresheners to anemic propellants which aren't flammable... which is also why they don't work as well, nor do they last as long as they did 20-30 years ago.

3 hours ago, Edna said:

In California they're trying to regulate bovine (cows) gas ...

They've been trying to do this since the 80's, even going so far as to devise little devices and cow-diapers to capture and monitor the methane and some even refine it into "harmless" gasses such as CO2, which now they say is what is killing the planet (Al Gore, paging Al Gore and his silly crusade...), yet every 3rd-grader knows every leafy-green plant on the planet NEEDS CO2 in order to survive (and create O2 as a by-product, for us to breathe) *shakes head*

California government (the tree-hugging hippies they are) would regulate the number of breaths you are allowed to take daily, if they could... 

According to the state of CA, living is the leading cause of death, and they've determined that no one should be allowed to live :D

7 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

They've been trying to do this since the 80's, even going so far as to devise little devices and cow-diapers to capture and monitor the methane and some even refine it into "harmless" gasses such as CO2, which now they say is what is killing the planet (Al Gore, paging Al Gore and his silly crusade...), yet every 3rd-grader knows every leafy-green plant on the planet NEEDS CO2 in order to survive (and create O2 as a by-product, for us to breathe) *shakes head*

California government (the tree-hugging hippies they are) would regulate the number of breaths you are allowed to take daily, if they could... 

According to the state of CA, living is the leading cause of death, and they've determined that no one should be allowed to live :D

ROTFL 😂

01cow.jpg

4 hours ago, Edna said:

In California they're trying to regulate bovine (cows) gas ...

1 hour ago, Earthling789 said:

In Germany (and the EU), their air-freshener propellants can ignite (if concentrated and in a confined space).  Our overlords in the FDA / EPA have rendered our air-fresheners to anemic propellants which aren't flammable... which is also why they don't work as well, nor do they last as long as they did 20-30 years ago.

I have news for both of you...Governor Moonbeam (Jerry Brown) already signed the bill that makes it law:

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2016/09/20/cow-farts-can-now-be-regulated-in-california.html

27 minutes ago, Adversarious1 said:

I have news for both of you...Governor Moonbeam (Jerry Brown) already signed the bill that makes it law:

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2016/09/20/cow-farts-can-now-be-regulated-in-california.html

:wtf:  I'm soooo glad I don't live in CA, and I really feel bad for those SANE people that still live there and have to live under this rainbow and unicorn batsh*t crazy SOB...

9 minutes ago, Earthling789 said:

:wtf:  I'm soooo glad I don't live in CA, and I really feel bad for those SANE people that still live there and have to live under this rainbow and unicorn batsh*t crazy SOB...

There is a reason he earned the nickname "Governor Moonbeam".

The scary part is that even though he did some wacky stuff the first time he was governor (which was before my time), the people of this state elected him again when the state changed the term limit law a few years ago which created a loophole that allowed him to run again.  Then they RE-elected him.

6 years, 5 months, 2 weeks to go until I retire (not that I'm counting) and I can get the heck out of Dodge (this wacky state).  Texas...here I come.  The wife may or may not join me.  That's entirely up to her.

Edited by Adversarious1

Now, California wants to tax soda at 1cent per ounce. Of course it's all tied in with fighting obesity and diabetes. Can you imagine the $$ they will rake in on this?  I've got no problems fighting obesity and diabetes - I do it the old fashioned way - you educate your kids and you limit there intake.  It's a treat, not a staple.

BUT, just like cigarette taxes,  I expect no more that 13% of this money to go anywhere near the problems of obesity and diabetes.  Just like the cigarette taxes,  87% of this money will go to the general fund to be done with as they please.   How does this qualify as not being taxation without representation?  Not to mention a deeper slip into the already overbearing nanny state mentality that leads to one outcome: civil unrest and disobedience - at least in their eyes. One of these days, the straw breaks the camel's back.  It's crippling and disgusting.  It's a shame such a beautiful state that geographically is one of the best places to live in the world, imo, is slowly rolling over and baring her underbelly to ruthless criminals intent on destroying her.

:End rant:

Good morning! 

46 minutes ago, Bebop said:

Now, California wants to tax soda at 1cent per ounce. Of course it's all tied in with fighting obesity and diabetes. Can you imagine the $$ they will rake in on this?  I've got no problems fighting obesity and diabetes - I do it the old fashioned way - you educate your kids and you limit there intake.  It's a treat, not a staple.

BUT, just like cigarette taxes,  I expect no more that 13% of this money to go anywhere near the problems of obesity and diabetes.  Just like the cigarette taxes,  87% of this money will go to the general fund to be done with as they please.   How does this qualify as not being taxation without representation?  Not to mention a deeper slip into the already overbearing nanny state mentality that leads to one outcome: civil unrest and disobedience - at least in their eyes. One of these days, the straw breaks the camel's back.  It's crippling and disgusting.  It's a shame such a beautiful state that geographically is one of the best places to live in the world, imo, is slowly rolling over and baring her underbelly to ruthless criminals intent on destroying her.

:End rant:

Good morning! 

Nix 56, right Bebop?

Proposed tax reason (according to the supporters) - to discourage smoking.

Real reason - We shamelessly mismanage the budget on programs that have been proven to fail, so we are going tax people in order to refill our coffers so we can continue to shamelessly mismanage the budget.  We'll do it under the pretense of advancing a "tobacco free" California and tell the people lies that the money will go to smoking cessation programs.

Bold faced lies.  I've read the tax initiative.  The commercials in this state that are against the tax are telling the truth that the 87% of the money will go to insurance companies and into the general fund.

9 minutes ago, FXRich said:

Anyone here heard of the State of Jefferson, kind of a whacky idea, but starting to look better all the time.

Not as whacky as the idea of "Six Californias", which is another proposed idea.  The best part of the Six Californias idea is that South California would include the 5 arguably most conservative counties in this state: San Bernardino, Riverside, Orange, San Diego and Imperial Counties.  L.A. County would be lumped in with "West California".

7 minutes ago, FXRich said:

The political map of Oregon, Guess where most of the population lives.

Sorry the map didn't post, but about 3/4 of the state is red.

Without seeing the map, my guess would be Portland.  Not Googling it either.

OK, I'm cheating a little bit.  I have a lot of family in the PNW.  Scattered all over from Portland to Seattle.

And while I'm thinking of it, apologies to @Edna, didn't mean to hijack your thread. 😳

LOL ....

I escaped CA in 1985 ....I'm sure glad I did ...It wasn't as bad as it is now by any stretch!

Guilty Hijacker here ...I've done it too and it does lead to some great conversations ....SO...  carry on  :)

36 minutes ago, Adversarious1 said:

Without seeing the map, my guess would be Portland.  Not Googling it either.

You are right about Portland, Trouble is its about 1/4 of the population of the entire state.

6 minutes ago, FXRich said:

You are right about Portland, Trouble is its about 1/4 of the population of the entire state.

You have Portland we have Austin ...Texas is in the cross hairs because we had a good economy when the country wasn't fairing well so all the idiots moved here and brought their politics with them...There are many smaller areas that are starting to turn blue because of it.

8 minutes ago, Edna said:

You have Portland we have Austin ...Texas is in the cross hairs because we had a good economy when the country wasn't fairing well so all the idiots moved here and brought their politics with them...There are many smaller areas that are starting to turn blue because of it.

Same thing happens here, people moving here to get away from where they were and bringing the problems with them. They should adapt to our way of life, not us doing the adapting.

I'm from New Orleans and moved to San Diego in 2008 to be with family..both my parents passed away last May, 6 days apart..Because of the high cost of living, parking lots for freeways and the changing laws here in la-la land I'm moving back to either LA, MS or AL.. I want the hell out of here..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk