My mix has become to harsh.

Boggles

I have been making my own vape juice for almost a year now and each batch I make has been smooth and tasty (80pg/20vg). Until recently the last few batches have been over poweringly harsh I can't hit my mod without hackingredients up a lung. Any tips or ideas will be appreciated.

Have you changed your tank or mod?

have you changed your coil/power settings?

have you changed your Nicotine level?

what other changes have you made?

I am using  the RX200 at 85watts I recently purchased  the limitless rdta head. I am running Japanese cotton in many standard 6 wrap 22 gauge knathal a1. Other than that I have not changed anything. My mixes are usually 80pg/20vg 6 nicotine made in 60mil batches

You don't mention what tank and what resistance of coil you're using... that could make a difference in how harsh the vapor is.

That said, the more PG in your juice, the harder the throat hit -- what makes the vapor seem harsh. Many of the newer tanks, especially the sub-ohm resistances of your coils, demands you go with a higher VG ratio in your juice as well as lowering your nicotine level. If you're using anything below 0.5 ohms, you'll probably want to go with a 3 mg nic or 6 mg nic at the very most or it will be very harsh.

I also moved this post to the General Eliquid Discussion area.

Edited by Tam

High pg and sub ohm with 6 mg nic is a recipe for harsh. 

You can prob start by dropping the nic.  These modern RTAs with sub ohm increase the amount of vaporization so much you might be surprised you can get by with "less" although it really isn't less nice being vaporized.

You may want to increase the VG as well and move to a 70/30 or 60/40

16 hours ago, cany said:

80 PG is gonna be rough  why do you use such high PG of a mix??

High pg mixes can be very pleasant.  Especially if you don't want clouds (like the good old days of vaping on an airplane). Also, the taste is far superior. (iMO).  It can be a nice vaping experience to have great flavor and minimal clouds.  I rather enjoy it now and again, especially if I am in a social situation where I don't want to be generating huge clouds.