Coming Full Circle

So...

I've decided to brave the cruel cold world and I'm traveling to France (no offense, I just don't want to get blown up or run over).  But I've decided I don't want to pack batteries and chargers and rebuilding materials,  etc.  

Since I'm feeling a little flush (money to burn!, Tam), I'm looking in to buying a couple starter kits for my wife and I.  I don't want anything bulky, I don't want to carry around a boat anchor of a mod or complicated tanks.  Frankly, vaping wont be a high priority and I'm far enough along on my journey away from smoking and nicotine that I'm sure I can survive a couple of weeks with just some moderate chooching here and there.  I'll be out and about and traveling and I wamt to keep it very simple.

I want internal batteries, a modest tank but nothing too whimpy, preferably round and no bigger than a spinner 2 or similar size - Ego One might be too big but I might get greedy and succumb - I don't know. 

I'm looking at something like the ijust2 or the Subvod. You know what I mean.  Heck, I'm even open to ressurecting my T2s and egos.  I will trade off battery size for small capacity.

P.S. would you guys disown me if I sat in a French cafe and smoked a French cigarette?  Sounds incredible, doesn't it?  Ahh...a man can dream, can't he? :D

Decisiins, decisions....

It's not round, but I just got a Tesla Stealth. The thing is tiny, but holds a subtank mini. About the same width as a istick 50, but slightly thicker, and the only part that is taller than a 30ml plastic bottle of juice is the driptip. I didn't notice when I ordered it, that it isn't vw/vv, so that is the only thing I don't like about it. Last I saw Gearbest is selling them for $27 or so with out a tank.

My SO won a SubVod and hated it... mostly because they only gave her 0.5 Ohm coils... but I recently started using it (just like FXRich) to have something cheap and portable for my motorcycle rides so I wouldn't run the risk of damaging or losing one of my more expensive rigs if I dropped it or left it at a diner :) ... and I really like it, even the color (purple).  Sure, it's no TC/VV/VW mod, but the battery is decent size to handle a tank or two, and the tank is a Nano (3ml), so it's not so small you have to refill it every hour, lol. 

Of course, my all-time favorite for using while I'm cutting grass or working in the garage is the basic eGo-style battery (yes, I have a couple of eGo-T still alive) with a Kanger PT3-mini.  Small enough to fit in a shirt pocket like an ink pen, there are plenty of holders for them, including a lanyard, and they are just bullet-proof!  PLUS, the Kanger BDC coils are available in 0.8 - 2.2 Ohms, so you can find one that fits your (Wattage) liking, even with a static 3.7V eGo-T!

Edited by Earthling789

Being able to put it in my pocket is the reason I am always on the lookout for box mods like the Stealth, if it was vv/vw I would end up like Tam is with the istick 50 and have 5 or 10 of them. :D I can drop it in my work shirt pocket and button the flap, or put it in the back pocket of my pants. I loved my VTR, but it can't be used with many tanks and they are too expensive for what they are to replace it (Plus it's a lot on the heavy side.). I have a Kangside Luxury box, that I got on sale somewhere, went to buy another and apparently they are discontinued. I have a Smoant Knight I haven't yet opened as well. I like the recessed tank, I actually think they are better that the pen types for putting in your pocket. I have pulled apart many eGo-Ts from having them in my pocket, probably from the flexing as I move, and even broke a couple CE4 tanks in my pocket.

I vote for the ijust mini or ijust 2 you can put a 3ml melo III tank on it and it is topfill and has a nice draw.... that or maybe a subtank nano if you can't have more than a 2ml tank..on a eleaf 40w. It's small and has a 2600 mah battery in it and lasts a long time. I really like mine..... That might work well too. Personally.. I love my pico and they're on sale right here in the VT store :) They're small and stealthy

I dunno but it sounds like a great trip and I hope you both have a great and safe time!

I just looked up vaping laws in France, I guess the EU sets the rules, No tanks over 2ml, and no bottles of juice over 10ml, and each ml of juice is taxed the same as a pack of smokes. No wonder Britain is leaving the EU.

I still have five of the original Vision Spinners (1600 mAh) and four of the 900 mAh and still use them from time to time with Kanger Pro Tank mini 3.

The Coolfire IV TC100 has an internal battery and TC/watts. I like the small form factor and it's light enough and fits well in my hand. Might be worth a look? And you know me and my love for the iStick 50W, it's a little heavier than the Coolfire 4 but then the 4 has 3300 mAh internal battery versus the 4400 mAh of the iStick.

4 hours ago, FXRich said:

I just looked up vaping laws in France, I guess the EU sets the rules, No tanks over 2ml, and no bottles of juice over 10ml, and each ml of juice is taxed the same as a pack of smokes. No wonder Britain is leaving the EU.

I'm trusting that that means you can't sell over a 2 ml tank, not that you can't possess one...

I think that's true, probably only applies to sales, I got the info off reddit, and the info was from European people.

They were talking about people in the States sending stuff to them.

Edited by FXRich

7 hours ago, BirdDog said:

Try the Joye eGo AIO starter kit. It is inexpensive and the coil are affordable. Has a nice draw, locking cap and it is very small. I have one and use it daily. Would make a nice traveling vape.

https://www.vaportalkstore.com/product/joye-ego-aio-starter-kit-silver/

Oh I have one that someone gave me it's small, I forgot about it. You can rebuild it with the Cubis RBA kit too. Here's mine next to a ruler so you can see the size.

ego AIO pic.JPG

12 hours ago, Edna said:

I vote for the ijust mini or ijust 2 you can put a 3ml melo III tank on it and it is topfill and has a nice draw.... that or maybe a subtank nano if you can't have more than a 2ml tank..on a eleaf 40w. It's small and has a 2600 mah battery in it and lasts a long time. I really like mine..... That might work well too. Personally.. I love my pico and they're on sale right here in the VT store :) They're small and stealthy

I dunno but it sounds like a great trip and I hope you both have a great and safe time!

OOPS the Melo III is 2ml not 3 typo Sorry

If you want a decent size tank, and something very easy to carry around, check out the Innokin T18, or T22.

The T22 is nice and the one I use most. It has near double the battery life, if I remember correct, and a larger tank in a device just a tad larger than the T18. TIght draws on both, so you'll be limited to MTL. But they'll work for a few weeks of on the go touristy type things. Replacement coils aren't terribly expensive either. A box of 5 runs roughly $12US here in the states.

1 hour ago, Bebop said:

@Squid. I couldn't resist.  I had to have one. They are just too cool.  

I also opted for the subvod nano . In the end, the size just suits me. 

Let me know what you think, I am curious. My very recent experiences are mixed. I started with a 1.5ohm coil  in a subtank mini, but that didn't give me what I wanted. I put a .5ohm coil (after using for a bit) in and was really happy until I recharged the stealth. With a full charge I very soon got a slight burnt taste (5-10 hits). Pretty much the same results from every nonregulated (vv/vw) box/batt I have tried. I am thinking that a coil with .7ohm-1ohm or so may be the sweet spot, but I am not yet making my own coils. I really have to make the time to build a few in the RBA for the subtank and give it a try. My results were with a couple of Comps flavors at 40pg/60vg for comparison.

I really like the form factor, and if it was adjustable (vv/vw) I would order several more, even though I prefer a replaceable battery.

8 hours ago, Bebop said:

@Squid. I couldn't resist.  I had to have one. They are just too cool.  

I also opted for the subvod nano . In the end, the size just suits me. 

The stealth is cool, and I think you'll really like the subvod nano... I've been using the nano for roughly a year, on my Cloupor minis without any issues... great size/combo.  When the SO won her Subvod Nano (and didn't like it), I started using it as a "traveling rig" while on my bike... and it is perfect for that because it fits perfectly into the wide pen-pocket of my riding jacket, or perfectly inside the side pocket of my tank bag!

6 hours ago, Squid said:

Let me know what you think, I am curious. My very recent experiences are mixed. I started with a 1.5ohm coil  in a subtank mini, but that didn't give me what I wanted. I put a .5ohm coil (after using for a bit) in and was really happy until I recharged the stealth. With a full charge I very soon got a slight burnt taste (5-10 hits). Pretty much the same results from every nonregulated (vv/vw) box/batt I have tried. I am thinking that a coil with .7ohm-1ohm or so may be the sweet spot, but I am not yet making my own coils. I really have to make the time to build a few in the RBA for the subtank and give it a try. My results were with a couple of Comps flavors at 40pg/60vg for comparison.

I really like the form factor, and if it was adjustable (vv/vw) I would order several more, even though I prefer a replaceable battery.

Yeah.  I'm a little anxious about the "self regulating".  Since I make my own coils, I should be able to dial it in.  I ordered some 1.2 coils and some .5 and I'll see if it will work for me for traveling and if it doesn't fly with premades then I'll probably just use it at home with custom coils.  In any event it's pretty cool and I love the size.  Deal at $22.  

I use 2 Subvods, from my own personal experience they work very well with the 1.2 OCC horizontal coils. I do rebuild them with 30g SS and get 1.0 - 1.1 coils, I have tried 28g SS and get .7 - .8 coils, but with the lower resistance the tanks get hot when chain vaping. I have found that when I use cotton to wick them, I get a few dry hits. Rayon wicks seem to work much better in them with no dry hits even when chain vaping. I do use a 1/8 round jewelers file to make the holes a little bigger, and that helps too. This is just my opinion, and may not work for other people, but it works for me. 

3 hours ago, Jeffb said:

Post pics of your trip when you get back. Ive always wanted to go to France. :)

I definitely will.  :)