Coming Full Circle

On 7/22/2016 at 0:46 PM, Bebop said:

So...

I've decided to brave the cruel cold world and I'm traveling to France (no offense, I just don't want to get blown up or run over).  But I've decided I don't want to pack batteries and chargers and rebuilding materials,  etc.  

Since I'm feeling a little flush (money to burn!, Tam), I'm looking in to buying a couple starter kits for my wife and I.  I don't want anything bulky, I don't want to carry around a boat anchor of a mod or complicated tanks.  Frankly, vaping wont be a high priority and I'm far enough along on my journey away from smoking and nicotine that I'm sure I can survive a couple of weeks with just some moderate chooching here and there.  I'll be out and about and traveling and I wamt to keep it very simple.

I want internal batteries, a modest tank but nothing too whimpy, preferably round and no bigger than a spinner 2 or similar size - Ego One might be too big but I might get greedy and succumb - I don't know. 

I'm looking at something like the ijust2 or the Subvod. You know what I mean.  Heck, I'm even open to ressurecting my T2s and egos.  I will trade off battery size for small capacity.

P.S. would you guys disown me if I sat in a French cafe and smoked a French cigarette?  Sounds incredible, doesn't it?  Ahh...a man can dream, can't he? :D

Decisiins, decisions....

Bebop,I've found something that might interest you. www.bedbathandbeyond.com it is an electronics charger,which appears to be exactly the same size of a subvod but Is 2600mah all you need is a charging cable,and it is rechargeable and also doubles as a flashlight.so while you're out and about on your vacation and need a charge suddenly,you're set without carrying a bunch of stuff. It is 9.99$ ,so if you have a local bed bath and beyond, you might consider picking one up.I hope you have a ton of fun!

Edited by Foofightervapegirl
Spelling error

@Foofightervapegirl

Oh yeah. Thanks.  I actually have one of those. It's not the same one but a similar deal. It's probably a bit larger but I'm taking it anyway because, well, you never know when you need a quick charge.  Those are handy little devices. 

BTW, my sister got me a man-purse.  I thought I'd hate it but don't tell any of the guys, I love it.  :lol:  so i have plenty of room to carry **** around.  My only fear is my wife will make me carry all her **** too.  :blink:

I got my tesla stealth yesterday.  I actually like this thing a lot so far.  It's still alien in my hands - I'm not used to it's small size and i haven't settled on how to hold it yet.

Fully charged and with a subtank mini with a .8 ohm coil it runs slightly hot (it's not adjustable) but no burnt taste. And it's been vaping smoothly thru the battery life although it starts to dwindle in production in the lower band of it's battery life.  All in all so far I like it. It's not a killer mod but I like it's size and performance.  Well worth the $22. 

4 hours ago, Bebop said:

I got my tesla stealth yesterday.  I actually like this thing a lot so far.  It's still alien in my hands - I'm not used to it's small size and i haven't settled on how to hold it yet.

Fully charged and with a subtank mini with a .8 ohm coil it runs slightly hot (it's not adjustable) but no burnt taste. And it's been vaping smoothly thru the battery life although it starts to dwindle in production in the lower band of it's battery life.  All in all so far I like it. It's not a killer mod but I like it's size and performance.  Well worth the $22. 

I want one of those so bad, but I have 3 NEBOXs in a cart for $20/ea and just cant pull the trigger.  (We are on a new budget, and it is killing my shinyitus)

I love that little "Stealth" from Tesla... I only wish it were VV/VW.  If it were, I'd probably have four or five of them by  now ;)

I found it does best with a 0.8-1.2 Ohm coil, with 1.0 Ohm being the sweet spot (for me).  I have mine with a Russian 91% at 1.0-1.1 Ohms, and it is working very well... but you are correct that it falls off quickly in the latter half of its charge... 

I can live with the fall-off, though, because it makes up for that short-coming with it's size and I love the VTR-ish "protected" tank style... it fits great in my jacket pocket, back packet, or tank-bib-bag on my motorcycle.  The submerged/protected tank is the only reason I ever wanted a VTR, well, that and the fact they are great self-defense weapons, lmbo :D

On 7/30/2016 at 3:59 PM, Bebop said:

@BebopWhere did you get the stealth for $22.00? My daughter-in-law wants one for her b-day and that's a great price. The one at my local B&M is $45. and do they offer all the colors? Thanks!!

Well, I've been rockin' the subvod for a week now and I actually like this li'l baby quite a lot.  I bought 2 more and a couple extra tanks. Love the top fill and it really puts out some nice vapor and flavor.  This'll do nicely on the trip. But so will the Stealth...so, they're all going with me!

(and I did send Edna a PM and I think she went for it!)

37 minutes ago, Bebop said:

Well, I've been rockin' the subvod for a week now and I actually like this li'l baby quite a lot.  I bought 2 more and a couple extra tanks. Love the top fill and it really puts out some nice vapor and flavor.  This'll do nicely on the trip. But so will the Stealth...so, they're all going with me!

I'm looking into getting a couple of extra Subvod batteries, they work great with a KPT tank on top, besides I can keep one charged for when a battery goes dead on me.

1 hour ago, FXRich said:

I'm looking into getting a couple of extra Subvod batteries, they work great with a KPT tank on top, besides I can keep one charged for when a battery goes dead on me.

Have you found the batteries? I was hunting but have only seen them as a kit.  Which is kind of funny because the top tank alone is only a couple bucks cheaper than the kit.  But I haven't found batteries only yet.

16 minutes ago, Bebop said:

Yeah, no problem.  Maybe Chris can get them?

I'm going to wait awhile before I order any more mods, at least until I see what Chris can come up with, I don't even mind spending a little bit more to help to support the forum.