Please help a newbie vaper

Belle

This may be stupid, but I am hoping I can get some advice. I recently started doing some research online and I think vaping could finally be the thing that helps me stop smoking for good. I'm a bit overwhelmed about where to start, though. More specifically, what would be a good APV? I want an APV that is vv/vw. Since I'm going to use to quit smoking, I don't particularly care about big clouds and I don't want to mess with mech mods. I have been considering buying the Innokin Itaste vv 3.0. Would it be a good APV to suit my needs or are there better ones out there?

The Innokin Itaste vv 3.0. is a 800mAh battery, probably won't last long, between charging, not a good choice if you don't have backups. Have some patience and people here will help you pick a better device, that would better suit your needs.

Nothing worse than wanting to vape and find out you have a dead battery, its similar to wanting a ciggy and having no way to light it.

There are great starter kits where you can get a good battery and tank in combo, such as the e-Vic or Kanger SubKit mini.  They can satisfy the noob or experienced vaper, and allow you room to grow.  The drawback to these is they require a separate 18650 Li-Ion battery (which is extra cost).

I would recommend you start with a battery which has a Li-Po or Li-Ion pack built in, such as the iStick 50W... which has huge battery life, and will handle most any tank/coil you put on it.  Other good iStick offerings are the 40W-TC and the 30W versions.   Another reliable, small-sized battery (mod) is the Wismec Presa 40W-TC.  If you can find one, they are awesome.

If you go with a mod that requires an 18650 battery, I suggest getting Samsung 25R5 (green) or 30Q (pink)... or LG HE2 (red) or HG2 (brown) batteries.  Best to buy them in pairs, and from a a reputable seller.

Backups are a necessity... even if you only have a couple of eGo-style batteries, they're better than nothing.  We preach backups around here, and people may make fun of you for having 3-4 batteries handy when you're only going to the store, but I've personally needed to dip into my 4th backup because I vaped one dead, the second malfunctioned, and the third didn't get charged :D  And I was only gone from the house for about 6-hours!

I second all of Earthling's advice about batteries but most especially about the back ups. New vapers won't take us seriously when we preach back ups until... and they always wind up having to wait to get their order in because they didn't get the back ups and the back up of the back ups like we suggested. So far, of all the new vapers I've seen, I've never had one listen but after they run into the situation we describe... we always hear, "Oh man, I should've listened to you guys!"  :D

Personally, I've gone through four or five of the back ups I had with me. A couple of the batteries I thought I'd recharged but must've forgotten, a malfunction or two and a couple of tanks and a couple more coils and... but I had just enough back ups with me to make it through my trip until I got home.

Thank you so much! I really do appreciate it! And I will definitely listen and buy at least one backup, if not more. I don't want to get caught in the position of the battery dying or malfunctioning and not being able to vape; I know I would end up buying a pack of cigarettes and lose any progress I may have made to quit smoking. 

Just my opinion and my personal favorite is the Eleaf iStick 50W. It's nothing fancy, comfortable in my hand, it's VV/VW and very easy to use. There are no external batteries and it has a 4400 mAh battery built in. Even when I'm chain vaping I only have to recharge it once every 3 - 4 days (more usually 4). Pair this with a Kanger Aerotank V2, some 1.8 ohm coils, and you're good to go for quite some time. All of these things that I listed are for maximum ease of use (my opinion only), are proven workhorses, and just do the job. The only other thing would be your juice.  :) 

Juice wise,I would suggest a tobbacco flavor to start with,for me it was more like a ciggie and thus I didn't feel the need to pick up one.if you have a good vape shop near, they will most likely let you try all the juice your heart desires,that way you can find out what tastes more like your ciggies..that really helped me when I first started out.then when you get more used to vaping,you can try diff flavors.I'm not saying only tobacco juice,that is just what helped me:)) congrats to you for quitting,good for you,now go get that vape on!!!good luck!!!