Mess up my first mix HELP

Need some help with my first mix (mess up).

Wife bought   Juicy Orange,   Cherry (wild),    Bubble Gum,    Chocolate Mint   and Supper Sweet,  all Capella, from Alchemist cupboard. She thought single flavours would be the way to go, just to get me started, but things have not gone well. VG and PG came from minerals water Ltd on e-bay. Nice of her but should have let me do more research first.

Used e-juice me up calculator, I mixed 70% VG 30% PG with 20 % Juicy Orange and added 2 drops of super sweet as an after thought, No nicotine as of yet, total 10ml.

Same mix using Cherry (wild).

They both tasted like vomit, so I diluted them to a 10% mix and added 2 more drops Supper Sweet.

They tastes less like vomit but there is no real taste of anything that resembles Orange or Cherry.

Question.

Would I be right in saying, single flavours like the Orange and Cherry do not work well on their own ?

If this is the case what if anything can I do to rescue this mix ?

Be honest is it a case of wash it down the sink and start over you knob, and here's a pointer for single flavours ….................. .

When it comes to concentrates what would be the best 10 flavours to go for ?

Your basic mixers most used or most needed flavours.

Ejuice usually has to steep for a couple of days before using it. Your mix looks to be ok, but personally I would not buy supplies to mix juice from e-bay. I get my supplies from heartland or Wizard labs and have had good results from both. Capella has a good reputation for flavor, if you get it from a good vendor. Some vendors may water it down, which will result in muted flavor.

Single flavors should work ok.

Edited by FXRich

The flavours came from http://www.thealchemistscupboard.co.uk/product/capella only the VG PG can from e-bay.

I did steep it Sorry I did not mention that in my post.

I used a sonic cleaner at 40 degrees for 2 hours, left over night and then sonic cleaner at 40 degrees for 2 more hours before letting it cool for a few hours then tasted it.

Looks to me you did everything right, maybe a sonic cleaner has a effect on the flavor, did you use glass bottles or plastic bottles? I have heard that a sonic cleaner can have an effect on plastic.

In your case the sonic cleaner probably didn't have much effect but the heat might have. I sometimes use a sonic cleaner to steep juice but I use glass bottles, and only for about 10 minutes at 160F

I will try same mix but this time leave to steep in a dark cupboard for a week and see how things go.

Will also try glass bottles in the cleaner and see how that goes

Thank you

Did not even think the bottles could have been a problem

This has sat in medical box on top of a cupboard so will be throwing that out.

Looked on Amazon and found these 

Clear Food Cosmetic Grade USP Kosher Vegetable Glycerine Glycerol (1000ml / 1L) [FREE UK Post*]

Classikool MPG Mono Propylene Glycol Pharma Grade Better Than Food Grade 99% + (1000ml / 1L) [FREE UK Post*]

Would you say they these were worth getting, remember I in  the UK so getting these from a local shop is almost a no no.

Local chemist / drug store dose not stock VG and are not interested in ordering any in. Last time I bought VG I got the third degree and I'm well over 21 years old, and that was two years ago.

I get you are in the UK and I have no Idea what is available to you but, Cosmetic Grade is a lower grade that even Food Grade.

http://www.propylene-glycol.com/faq

I have not heard the term Mono PG before but, seems to be one of the manes used. Pharma grade is always better. Most Pharma grades are 100% and are certified.