I'm using a 50w eleaf battery, Atlantis rebuild able tank, and a 30w coil. I have been vaping for two years, started at 30 mg nicotine, but got all the way to 1 mg. Then it's too harsh. I can't puff it without coughing. Right before the harshness I changed the coil and refilled the tank with a new bottle (always from same shop, they know what I like). Took juice back to store and they re-did it, still too harsh. Changed coil (about 9 times now), still too harsh. Redid juice again, changed tank, changed battery, changed tank (again), messed with wattage (before was always 3.8w) found that if I purchase a 30w coil rather than my usual 50w it is not as harsh (can puff twice before I'm coughing up a lung versus the first puff on 50w coil). Messed with air flow over and over. I'm feeling like the vapor shop bought some new PG that's too harsh. The smoke has been less than what it was too. I have asked them for help each time I changed liquid. They told me to let more air in, which does create more smoke, but still just too too harsh. Then they said to turn my battery up...I have been doing my method for two years-two years..I don't think it's suddenly where I put my battery at!! But now I'm just smoking and I really want to let them go again. Any thoughts, ideas on what the problem is??

First off I want to ask what you mean by 30W and 50W coil. Watts are used in relation to power, which is your battery output. What resistance is your coil? That would be more helpful. Also, you don't mention what the PG/VG ratio of juice you're using. That makes a huge difference. More PG = a harder/harsh throat hit.

First of all we need some clarity on exactly what coil you are using and what your settings are on your eleaf.

Coils are usually rated in ohms.  Do you know what ohm your coil is rated or measures?

Are you building your own coils?

Is your eleaf set on voltage mode or wattage?

What is it set to?

Haha....great minds?

Changed coil (about 9 times now), still too harsh. Redid juice again, changed tank, changed battery, changed tank (again), messed with wattage (before was always 3.8w) found that if I purchase a 30w coil rather than my usual 50w it is not as harsh (can puff twice before I'm coughing up a lung versus the first puff on 50w coil).

This makes no sense to me whatsoever. 30W coils? Also, using the battery set at 3.8W and it's too harsh? I'd think OP wouldn't really be getting anything from that low wattage setting.

• 6 months later...

It might be your pg/vg ratio. I have a streppy feeling and harshness when my vg/pg is below 80/20. I have a pg allergy and thats where the harshness comes from for me. Try coil butter or journey juice. Both are made with 90% or more vg only pg in it is in flavoring which isnt much. Journey juice is 99.7% vg where coil butter is around 92.5%.

Sent from my LGLS665 using The Vapor Talk mobile app

30w and 50w refer to the capacity of the coilheads. Thats the highest the company recommends for a quality vape

Sent from my LGLS665 using The Vapor Talk mobile app