TFV4 Mini and Sigelei 75W box mod

Spencebuddy8970

Hey guys I'm a pretty new vapor, I started right around the new year (January 5th or so) went to a local boutique with lots of variety and got myself a starter set up. I got the Sigelei 75W and a Kangertech Sub Tank Nano to start with; I loved it and helped me stop smoking almost immediately (I was never a heavy smoker but was getting worse). Anyway I didn't feel the need to smoke which was great, and was buying 30ml bottles every 5-6 days or would just stock up. After a month or so I decided I wanted to get a new tank, something a bit bigger and easier to fill so I got the Smok TFV4 Mini. I got it yesterday, came home primed the coil, filled the tank and let it sit for about 15 minutes. When I put it on my mod it wouldn't burn at 30W which is was where my other tank would make good amount of vape, but the suggested watts on this new tank are higher. So I turned it up and I understand the coils used in this tank are bigger which is why they require more watts. So it's working well right now but notice the coil gets hotter faster than my last. Is the coil going to burn much faster now that it's a bigger tank on a smaller mod? Should I look at getting a bigger mod? Thanks I'm still new and trying to figure out the best set up. Any tips would be appreciated I just don't want to start burning any coils or push the battery too much. Thanks! 

I don't have a TFV4, but other people here do, If you have some patience someone that has one will show up. From what I hear about the TFV4 you probably are maxing your mod out or close to it. In my opinion you probably need a dual battery mod with at least 100w with good batteries, other people might agree or disagree with me but that's my opinion.

Congrats on quitting analogs for good! :thumbsup:

TFV4 coils need a lot of wattage. On the triple/quad coils, in my experience, 50-60W is minimum to get it going without flooding it and later cause leaking out of the AFC. 70-75W is my sweet spot, and I have read others going 100W+ on it. Tank can get really hot but I just let it rest.

FXRich is is right though. You might need a higher wattage mod for the TFV4. Although your Sigelei 75W is capable. For me however, I generally do not go above 75% of what my mod is capable of just to make it last longer.

Regarding coils burning faster, depends of the quality of the coil you get. When I first  got mine coils could go through 120+ml of juice before replacing it. Lately the coils only go through about half that amount. Maybe because of a bad batch or they do not make the same quality as the ones they first came out with. But that is just my observation. Other may be luckier than me. :)

Edited by iQuit

I will agree with both of y'all.  The TFV4 mini is one of my go to tanks, but 50 watts is the minimum.  I am running it on a 75 watt mod, but it is at the limits of my battery.  I run REAL 20Amp batteries in it and personally that limits me to around 60 watts.

I normally run it on my Reuleaux RX200, but I don't like carrying such a big mod, so I use it on my Evic VTC mini.

I have just about given up on factory coils.  I am running them in my Crown and the TFV4, but will probably not be buying any more any time soon.  I am going to just use the RBA with Titanium, or SS coils.  It is a bit more trouble, but personally I get much more flavor, and save a bit of money.

3 hours ago, jasonculp said:

I will agree with both of y'all.  The TFV4 mini is one of my go to tanks, but 50 watts is the minimum.  I am running it on a 75 watt mod, but it is at the limits of my battery.  I run REAL 20Amp batteries in it and personally that limits me to around 60 watts.

I normally run it on my Reuleaux RX200, but I don't like carrying such a big mod, so I use it on my Evic VTC mini.

I have just about given up on factory coils.  I am running them in my Crown and the TFV4, but will probably not be buying any more any time soon.  I am going to just use the RBA with Titanium, or SS coils.  It is a bit more trouble, but personally I get much more flavor, and save a bit of money.

Okay perfect thanks guys. I'm gonna look into a mod that pushes at least 100W for my new tank! thanks a lot :)

I've been running my tfv4 in the 65-75 range, on either my rx200 or sigelei fuchai 200w and as mentioned in the other thread I've been fighting crappy coils too.

I can wholeheartedly suggest either the rx200 or fuchai. Both perform for me extremely well. The only cons I've encountered are on the fuchai the temp control seems to be lacking, I've only tried it on my triforce tanks, but without the adjustability that you get with the rx200 it won't hit right with those massive coils. The con on the rx200 is simply the screen size. I didn't realize how spoiled I was by the fuchai's screen size until I got the rx200.

I hear the sigelei 150w is good too, but when I was shopping they were more expensive than the fuchai but that may have changed by now.