New member of the family!

Nope, not a grandchild, but still will get treated like one :)

My new Great Dane puppy has been here for 2 weeks (turned 10 weeks old today, and already 28-lb), and I wanted to share a few pics of him with my V|T family...   My older Dane is almost 4, and was jealous for a couple days, but she's now started allowing him to lay on her couch with her, although she's not ready to share her food bowl, lol...

20160110_005018_zpsrwt5sjbz.jpeg

20160110_153514_zpst76jrjye.jpeg

2016-01-03%2012.44.22_zpsvaararug.jpg

20160109_105939_zpsjf7tj082.jpeg

1 hour ago, Earthling789 said:

Nope, not a grandchild, but still will get treated like one :)

My new Great Dane puppy has been here for 2 weeks (turned 10 weeks old today, and already 28-lb), and I wanted to share a few pics of him with my V|T family...   My older Dane is almost 4, and was jealous for a couple days, but she's now started allowing him to lay on her couch with her, although she's not ready to share her food bowl, lol...

Awe...

I want another dog.

We lost both our Boxer, and our momma cat (Manx /  Main coon).  My wife picked up a Lowes Home Improvement stray, so we have a kitten now.

34 minutes ago, Tam said:

Oh my gosh. SO CUTE!!! What's his name?

*makes grabby hands*

*squeals*

That second picture is beyond adorable. Does he sleep like that often?

His name is "Bo"... to go with "Bella", our 4-yr old Dane...

Yes, he sleeps like that quite often... he has to have his head propped up on something, or hanging over the couch cushion.  It must be a Dane thing because both of them do it, and I remember the one we had when I was younger doing the same thing.  They are HUGE couch-potatoes, lol

I visited the litter only 3 days after they were born, and he actually was the only pup to squirm his way to me and snuggle up to my leg... at that time, I knew he was going to go home with me, and he'd not even opened his eyes to be able to see ME :D

4 hours ago, jasonculp said:

Awe...

I want another dog.

We lost both our Boxer, and our momma cat (Manx /  Main coon).  My wife picked up a Lowes Home Improvement stray, so we have a kitten now.

Jason, I'll be happy to send you another kitten... my son broke down a few months ago, and while he was looking under the hood, his open door became an invitation for a solid-black female stray to make a home in his warm back seat :)  So, she has a new home, although there are days when I wish her home was somewhere else, lol.  I'm sure she'll settle down once she gets older, but for now, she's literally climbing walls (and curtains, and counter-tops, and furniture, and TV's...)

1 minute ago, Earthling789 said:

His name is "Bo"... to go with "Bella", our 4-yr old Dane...

Yes, he sleeps like that quite often... he has to have his head propped up on something, or hanging over the couch cushion.  It must be a Dane thing because both of them do it, and I remember the one we had when I was younger doing the same thing.  They are HUGE couch-potatoes, lol

I visited the litter only 3 days after they were born, and he actually was the only pup to squirm his way to me and snuggle up to my leg... at that time, I knew he was going to go home with me, and he'd not even opened his eyes to be able to see ME :D

Bo. Suits him quite well.  :)

Must also be a Maltese thing because Teni is most often seen hanging her head over the rise of the side of her bed, off the side of the couch/loveseat, over my leg... Gotta love couch potatoes that are that cute!

Yep, good way to know that he claims you as his own when he can't even see you yet.

18 hours ago, Earthling789 said:

Jason, I'll be happy to send you another kitten... my son broke down a few months ago, and while he was looking under the hood, his open door became an invitation for a solid-black female stray to make a home in his warm back seat :)  So, she has a new home, although there are days when I wish her home was somewhere else, lol.  I'm sure she'll settle down once she gets older, but for now, she's literally climbing walls (and curtains, and counter-tops, and furniture, and TV's...)

I can barely handle the one we have.  I was telling @Compenstine the other night, that I think the cat does crack.  I have never seen one that is so spastic.  He will literally run, climb, and claw everything in the house for an hour or more straight.  Then he is content and will come curl up next to me in my chair, or in his bed.  Then a few hours later he will do it again....

• 4 weeks later...

Today when I was at the vet's I saw a St. Bernard/Great Dane mix. Never seen one of those before. He was a beauty! Too bad I didn't think to snap a pic. He was 115 lbs, his little buddy of the same breed was 12 lbs but only 7 weeks old. So cute!

I want to see what Bo looks like now. He must've been busy growing up a storm since you made the initial post.  :)

I'll have to snap a picture of him tomorrow when he's up an about... 

I took him to the vet for another round of shots last week (@ 13 weeks), and he weighed-in at 42lb!  He's outgrown his medium-size harness already, too... his chest measures 25" as of today, and he's only 14 weeks tomorrow :)

Yeah, it's hard to resist his eyes, and he's too darn smart... he's already bringing me his leash when he "wants" to go outside (not "needs" to go outside, lol).  When he plays with the tennis ball, it completely disappears in his mouth....

He's also grown so much that he doesn't realize how tall he's gotten...  He walked under my desk a couple days ago... and slammed his head into the keyboard tray :D  He was like "When did this get installed?" :D