Any RTA that's good for 100+ watts?

7 hours ago, Gadamarza said:

Any recommendation for an RTA that gives room to build for a 200 watt box

RTA? I really don't know of one with the airflow for 100.  I have heard of people using TVF4 with the factory coils.  The dual coil RBA might get you close, but I have never tried it.  I have used the Triple coil at 75 and the single coil RBA to 50-60, but it is too much for me.  You might look into an RDTA (Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomizer)  I don't know much about them.

The only RDA that I have that will get that high is my Velocity.  I made a dual coil Tiger Wire coil a while back that worked pretty good in the 100 watt range, but it is just something that really isn't enjoyable to me.  With the proper build you can get excellent flavor, and enough cloud to fill a room at 50 watts or less.

On 12/2/2015, 12:41:49, Gadamarza said:

I'm trying to figure out why you would want to vape at 200 watts. I mean, your mod may produce 200 watts,  but 30 watts per coil (provided your airflow is completely unrestricted) is far above what's needed to produce thick clouds of vapor.

I can't imagine having to go up to that level of power, the vapor and flavor I get on my 7 - 9 watts is more than satisfying for me. Even though I have mods that can go high in power doesn't mean I have to.  :)

I gotta chime in here... and agree with everyone else...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... just because your device will do 200W, you don't have to run it that high to get a good vape... just like you don't have to pull out of your driveway @ 120mph (foot to the floor) just because your car's speedo says you can go that fast!   You can get a pleasurable drive through the countryside at 35mph, even in a Ferrari :D

I've built coils sub 0.2 Ohms, and even those tasted burnt over 50W, and the vape AND RDA was HOT HOT HOT with just a few hits... vapor was no better than I get with a 1.2 Ohm coil-build on my Subtank Mini... and the mini is a lot more flavorful vape because it's not scorching my throat, burning my lungs, and boiling my pancreas :)

• 5 months later...

I run a 180 watt xcube 2 with a temple RDA right now my current coil is a twisted kanthal 26 guage running at .15 ohms, it gives me what I need for the cloud chasing part of vapinga00b90c0b6afcb65abf00b5c833dc456.jpg

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk