Apparently, not as smart as I used to be..... :)

GRLSNGR

Good Morning, Ya'll!!!  I spent 3 hours last night trying to find a counter to put both here on the forum, and on Facebook.  Now, I know the difference between BB and  HTML, and I copied the one for the forum.  Could NOT find the signature box in my profile settings to save my LIFE!!!   THEN, I went to the same site and tried to post a counter to Facebook... still no luck.  The HTML shows up, but no the counter.  Yesterday was my very first day that I've gone without an analog in over 30 years.  Big, fat, hairy deal to me.  Can anyone give me some tips??

Thanks,

Robyn

BB vs HTML......can't help ya there.  As to dropping smokes, all I can tell ya is what worked for me.  After finally convincing myself I needed to stop smelling up the place and annoying everyone around me I went to a vape shop, bought a double entry-level starter kit and put the last 1/2 pack of smokes in my glove box, told myself this WILL work and on 19 Apr, 13 after 50 yrs of seeing my money go up in smoke I had my last cigarette.  Actually a tiny bit more involved than that, but the results are the same.  So, my "tip" to anyone wanting to quit smoking would be to first convince yourself you really want to quit, find a vape shop with topshelf customer service, try every setup they will let you try, decide on a couple flavors you want to start with, buy the setup you can afford knowing that in the future you'll probably want to upgrade, so don't go overboard at the beginning till you know for sure what you're doing.  There will be a small period of familiarization for the particular setup you pick.  It's not rocket surgery, but it's not totally automatic for everyone, either.  Bottom line.... be committed, depend on your equipment to get you thru the rough spots, and BACKUPS.   Have at least two batteries and a couple tanks filled and ready to go.  Don't let some vape shop sell you stuff you don't know anything about. Buy what you're comfortable with and don't walk out till you're pretty sure you know everything there is to know about what you're spending your money on.  So much for a simple tip.  I'm sure there'll be more from others.  This is a fine bunch here willing to help.  Many here know much more than i, so, any more questions, just ask.  

Thanks everybody,

Am struggling to get used to my first box mod that I bought last week (NEBox).  I won't take a tank, and If I take too big of a drag, I cough.  I've gpt ,u wattage set at kist pver 31, and I THINK 7v.  GEEZ, so confused about this one!!!

6 hours ago, Compenstine said:

Try setting your Mod for Watts instead of Volts. :) I would set it for 12-13 watts to start and see how that goes. You can bump it up or down from there till you find your sweet spot.

You set it that high to start??? I've got one that I have set at 7.7W with a 1.8 ohm coil and am thinking about turning it down some more.  :D

THANKS EVERYONE!  Tam, at the store they set it at 40W and I think zero volts.  I think I'm working above my pay grade!!  Hey Compenstine!!  I'm afraid I wouldn't get any throat hit at all, as I get very little at 31W.  I've read the users manual a couple of times, but I suppose I need to go read it again.  I refuse to go back to that particular shot after I realized that they DOUBLED the price on the NEBox that they sold me.  I suppose they all do that, but for another $60, I could have had the new Provape mod!!  OK, /rant.  Thank you all again.  I've learned SO MUCH from TVF!!!

Brick & Mortar stores always charge more than online due to their increased overhead. They have rent to pay, employees, advertising, etc. I doubt that most B&Ms are trying to rip anyone off by charging higher prices, they have to in order to make a profit. It might not be a bad idea to go back to the store to have them troubleshoot your issues for a quick fix. Then, come back here and read through the threads. There's so much information that it'll make your head go all hurty.  :)

Hey ya'll and happy Turkey week.  

Got introduced to organic juice this week.,,, the difference is UNREAL!!  I'm a happy, happy girl, but would like some input from others who are using a box mod.  When I bought the NEBox a month or so ago, the salesman told me I couldn't vape above 4mg nic.  Needless to say, since I've been vaping 18mg in my Provarie 2.0, the 4mg wasn't cutting it.  Bought my first bottles of organic juice this morning and the guy who sold it to me bumped me up to 12 mg and told me I would probably have to up my volts.  I upped my box to 40W and he told me not to worry about the volts.  While the new juice is incredible.....wonderful smell, great taste, I'm afraid it won't cure my nic cravings.  Any advice from you experienced vapers out there???

Thanks everyone,

GRLSNGR

Thanks FXRich!!  That makes me feel better except for the fact that I bought $60+ worth of juice at 12mg.  Should have started with less, but my salesman told me 12 was as high as I could go.  Thanks ya'll for all the good info and knowlege!!!  Good tidings to all!!!

31 minutes ago, GRLSNGR said:

Thanks FXRich!!  That makes me feel better except for the fact that I bought $60+ worth of juice at 12mg.  Should have started with less, but my salesman told me 12 was as high as I could go.  Thanks ya'll for all the good info and knowlege!!!  Good tidings to all!!!

What's wrong with the 12 mg of nic? Did you want to go higher or lower? What amount of nicotine would you prefer to have this?

On 11/16/2015, 1:26:03, GRLSNGR said:

Thanks everybody,

Am struggling to get used to my first box mod that I bought last week (NEBox).  I won't take a tank, and If I take too big of a drag, I cough.  I've gpt ,u wattage set at kist pver 31, and I THINK 7v.  GEEZ, so confused about this one!!!

Boy, I couldn't have messed that post up any more, could I?  I ment to say I'm vaping at 40W, very low voltage.  No wonder I was confused.  It's that great Louisiana Public school training I got!!!  LOL!!! 

On 11/14/2015, 4:13:13, aufin said:

BB vs HTML......can't help ya there.  As to dropping smokes, all I can tell ya is what worked for me.  After finally convincing myself I needed to stop smelling up the place and annoying everyone around me I went to a vape shop, bought a double entry-level starter kit and put the last 1/2 pack of smokes in my glove box, told myself this WILL work and on 19 Apr, 13 after 50 yrs of seeing my money go up in smoke I had my last cigarette.  Actually a tiny bit more involved than that, but the results are the same.  So, my "tip" to anyone wanting to quit smoking would be to first convince yourself you really want to quit, find a vape shop with topshelf customer service, try every setup they will let you try, decide on a couple flavors you want to start with, buy the setup you can afford knowing that in the future you'll probably want to upgrade, so don't go overboard at the beginning till you know for sure what you're doing.  There will be a small period of familiarization for the particular setup you pick.  It's not rocket surgery, but it's not totally automatic for everyone, either.  Bottom line.... be committed, depend on your equipment to get you thru the rough spots, and BACKUPS.   Have at least two batteries and a couple tanks filled and ready to go.  Don't let some vape shop sell you stuff you don't know anything about. Buy what you're comfortable with and don't walk out till you're pretty sure you know everything there is to know about what you're spending your money on.  So much for a simple tip.  I'm sure there'll be more from others.  This is a fine bunch here willing to help.  Many here know much more than i, so, any more questions, just ask.  

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

On 11/25/2015, 7:21:02, FXRich said:

I know a vaper that uses 16mg nic in a subtank mini with a .5 coil, its all a mater of personal taste and need, we are not all the same. 

Hey Rich,

Went over this topic again this afternoon just to see if I had missed anything.  Since I last posted, my vape shop sold me a small bottle of 18mg.... it damn near killed me.  I'm back at 12mg now, but think I might want to try just a LITTLE increase in nic..... maybe a 14 or 15.  Thank you for your kind words.... they've given me more confidence to kee looking till I find what's right for me. :)

Love this forum!  Love everything I'm learning!!

4 hours ago, GRLSNGR said:

Since I last posted, my vape shop sold me a small bottle of 18mg.... it damn near killed me.  I'm back at 12mg now, but think I might want to try just a LITTLE increase in nic..... maybe a 14 or 15.  Thank you for your kind words.... they've given me more confidence to kee looking till I find what's right for me. :)

Love this forum!  Love everything I'm learning!!

If the flavor of the 18 mg is the same as the lower mg juice, why not mix to two together to get something in between? Mix the 18 and 12 and get somewhere near 14 mg or so.

• 2 weeks later...