THIS CANT BE GOOD

cany

I am glad it didn't cause any more problems.... you can easily replace the battery, and your shorts.

Was it hot?  Do you think it shorted against somthing? 

I have had them vent due to user error, and had them just die, but never had one vent while pulling it out of the charger.

It looks like it may have shorted from the top cap to the edge of the battery, but I have shorted these batteries and it didn't cause it to vent.

I guess if there was nick in the top part of the the wrap, and it was at just the right angle it could possibly short, but it really surprises me it vented.

UHOH  You might be on to something there I was having issues with the black ring that goes on top of the batt the one thats hanging off the side kept coming off so I kept sticking it back on

I have had a lot of trouble with this.  The ipv3 would tear up the top sides of my batteries.  My charger has a tendency to mess of the bottom of the wrap.  I have to be really careful to keep them in good shape.  Luckily the D2 does not seem to have anything to catch or scratch the wrapper.

UHOH  You might be on to something there I was having issues with the black ring that goes on top of the batt the one thats hanging off the side kept coming off so I kept sticking it back on

illumn.com sells self-adhesive terminal protectors for 1.50, and PVC wraps for about a buck. I just re-wrapped some of my cells last weekend. Glad you are okay, cany. A hissing battery would scare me too.