Totally new to vaporizers , looking for a good mod under $80

I m totally new to vaporizers , want a really nice box mod for about $80 ,  the $80 is all inclusive. Excluding juice I need to keep the batteries, mod, atomizer, tank, and charger under $50. I done research before , the sigelei 75w tc mod seems good , anyone try this mod before ? This is the one i m looking at : http://www.vaporvaping.com/sigelei-75w-temperature-control-box-mod-p-321.html

Edited by vaporghost

That's not something I would recommend to someone who is "totally new to vaporizers," it's kind of like teaching someone to drive for the first time in a Ferrari.

There are people who have posted they've had auto-firing of the Eleaf iStick 50W, but as long as you keep the connection clean and dry and take the usual precautions, I don't think it's a problem. Personally, I have five of them and not one of them has given me any issues, but then I make sure to keep the connection clean and dry. These would be my personal recommendation. Or, if you're wary, then go with the Eleaf iStick 30W or the 40W TC. The 40W TC has temperature control, if that's what you're wanting.

For someone starting out, I would recommend the iStick 30W or 50W, as Tam suggested above.  The iStick 40W-TC is also great for beginners as the controls and settings are very simplified.  The iSticks have a self-contained battery, so you'll have nothing more to buy.  The Innokin MVP series mods are even better self-contained-battery devices, IMO, and they do come with an iClear tank (or two) included.  Their 2.0 is 11W max, and they have a 20W version and the 3.0 is 30W.  The MVP's are bullet-proof mods!

Personally, if you are looking for a box-mod that takes rechargeable batteries, I love my 30W Cloupor-minis (which run < $30 without batteries).  Another really cheap box-mod is the Kanger K-box.  They're 40W, and running < $20, but are limited in their settings and control.  But, for the price, they're not bad.  The Sigelei mini (also 30W) are very similar to the Cloupor, and similar in price.  If you can find a 30W IPV-mini... they are fantastic box-mods... they are my go-to for nearly the past year!   The IPV-mini-2 are 70W, but are running in the $50-60 range, which is probably pushing the upper limits of your budget.  Lastly, the IPV-D2 is a TC mod for < $50, and are getting great reviews. 

There are dozens more, but those are just my suggestions for a good starter.

Hey Earthling, about the temperature control mods. Can you use kanthal coils with the temperature control, or does the coil have to be made from ni... nickle... no... nitrite? No, that's not it... damn. Now I can't remember the type of wire that works with the TC. The little brain just skipped a groove... but you know what I'm talking about, right?  :lol:

Hey Earthling, about the temperature control mods. Can you use kanthal coils with the temperature control, or does the coil have to be made from ni... nickle... no... nitrite? No, that's not it... damn. Now I can't remember the type of wire that works with the TC. The little brain just skipped a groove... but you know what I'm talking about, right?  :lol:

Tam,

You can use a few different wires, Nickel, and Titanium are the most common, but sadly Kanthal will not work with temp control yet..... Innoken is working on a mod with a seperate temp sensor... so that it will work with any wire, but a special atty....

Edited by jasonculp

Tam,

You can use a few different wires, Nickel, and Titanium are the most common, but sadly Kanthal will not work with temp control yet..... Innoken is working on a mod with a seperate temp sensor... so that it will work with any wire, but a special atty....

Ah... so it was nickel. Somehow that just didn't sound right tonight. lol  Thanks, Jason, for the explanation.  :)

Ahh, this is what I miss when I take time away from my computer to do things like cook and clean :)

I bought some Nickel wire, and it should arrive early next week... and after payday, I will probably order an IPV-D2 so I can play with this temp-control stuff myself... and if I don't like it, I'll still have a decently priced 70W mod :)

I've read somewhere about Innokin's TC mod/atty combo.  I'm sure it will be over-designed, and over-priced, but still sounds like a sweet idea... where you can use any wire.  I wonder if they will use an IR-sensor to monitor heat at the coil?  If so, then you'll be very restricted on placement of the coil, and you'd have to really be careful of hot-spots, too.

I've read somewhere about Innokin's TC mod/atty combo.  I'm sure it will be over-designed, and over-priced, but still sounds like a sweet idea... where you can use any wire.  I wonder if they will use an IR-sensor to monitor heat at the coil?  If so, then you'll be very restricted on placement of the coil, and you'd have to really be careful of hot-spots, too.

From the pictures on Reddit it looked more like a thermistor (I really don't know if that is the correct term)  It was encased in metal right below the coil.  It wasn't as close as you would think probably 2-3mm or so.

Nope, I've been holding out for the D2 (or Cloupor GT80), but didn't pre-order one to see if the prices dropped... and dropped they did!  I think by payday, they'll be practically giving them away :D

If you spot the D2 from a reputable vendor, that has it in stock for less than $45 let me know!  I paid $45 + shipping and if I can get it cheaper I will pick up another.  I am really enjoying this little thing.  I have not tried it in power mode yet, just temp.

I really don't need to spend the money right now....  I am in the process of putting parts together for a HTPC.... ;)

If you spot the D2 from a reputable vendor, that has it in stock for less than $45 let me know!  I paid $45 + shipping and if I can get it cheaper I will pick up another.  I am really enjoying this little thing.  I have not tried it in power mode yet, just temp.

Earthling, if you spot one for less than $45 from a reputable vendor... I don't need to know, 'kay?  :D

From the pictures on Reddit it looked more like a thermistor (I really don't know if that is the correct term)  It was encased in metal right below the coil.  It wasn't as close as you would think probably 2-3mm or so.

I really don't need to spend the money right now....  I am in the process of putting parts together for a HTPC.... ;)

Like you, I really don't need to spend the money right now, but I really want one :D  At the moment, the best price I've found so far is $44.99, but it seems every week or two, the price will drop, and maybe someone will have a Labor-Day sale, and knock another $5 off?  At least that is my hope...

A thermistor would be much cheaper, but if not contacting the coil, it would be horribly inaccurate... the difference in readings, on the same coil, being 2mm away and 3mm away would be anywhere from 20-50% error?

Earthling, if you spot one for less than $45 from a reputable vendor... I don't need to know, 'kay?  :D

Aww... you were the FIRST person I was going to send the link to :D