True Detective

Ive followed this show since season one.The first season was nothing short of spectacular,the second season on the other hand started off slow but it's really getting good.I love how dark and gritty the show is.Anyone else watch it?

Ive followed this show since season one.The first season was nothing short of spectacular,the second season on the other hand started off slow but it's really getting good.I love how dark and gritty the show is.Anyone else watch it?

I have been watching it.  I personally think last year was better, up to this point.  You are correct, it is getting better.

I watch Ray Donovan and Masters of Sex on Showtime, Game of Thrones, True Detective, and The Leftovers, on HBO,and  The Knick on Cinemax.

This is why I can't make myself turn off my very expensive DirectTV.  I use the DVR to record them and watch when I get a chance.  The only other things I watch is MMA, Big12 football, and big 3 network shows.

Jason,I have been watching Ray Donovan too and GOT.I love both of those shows.Penny Dreadful is another awesome show that has sucked me in,check it out! And yes Tam,I've been binge watching my shows 😉

Jason,I have been watching Ray Donovan too and GOT.I love both of those shows.Penny Dreadful is another awesome show that has sucked me in,check it out! And yes Tam,I've been binge watching my shows 😉

I just checked out the description, and it looks good.  I have the first season downloading.  Thanks!

If a show's worth watching, it must be binged watched.  :D

I agree.  I tend to use my television as an escape lately.  I know it is not the best use of my time, but it is keeping me a bit closer to sane.

I have heard some good and bad things about True Detective. My mom couldn't get into it. It is on my list to try. Binge watching Stargate Atlantis, in the last season now. Will move onto Universe when this is done. As for current TV, Halt and Catch Fire and Mr. Robot. I like Christian Slater, I admit it.

Still flipping around between all the NCIS series (NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, NCIS New Orleans) and binge watching until I get to the current episodes. Also watching Star Trek: The Next Generation and starting on Shark Week season 2.  Gotta love my Prime.  :)

Ok...dangit.  I am up to the 4th episode of the 1st season of Penny Dreadful.  I am now hooked.  Like I needed another one....lol

Oh, so you nee another one to watch...  :D

Check out Banshee (Cinemax show).  4th season starts in January, so you'll have time to watch the 30 episodes of the first 3 seasons... It is a GREAT show!  Other good ones to catch-up on during the off-seasons... Orphan Black, Grimm, Black Sails (Showtime), Continuum, iZombie, The 100, Vikings, and Z-nation (well written for Syfy).

I will check out Banshee.  I was watching Grim, and iZombie.  I have not watched any of the others.  I will look into them.

Lately I have had so much database work to do, I just watch them while I work (over the top of the screen of my laptop).

I need to get outside and get a life, but until I get this new computer system going, I don't get to have a life.

I will check out Banshee.  I was watching Grim, and iZombie.  I have not watched any of the others.  I will look into them.

Lately I have had so much database work to do, I just watch them while I work (over the top of the screen of my laptop).

I need to get outside and get a life, but until I get this new computer system going, I don't get to have a life.

I got a co-worker to watch Banshee a while back, and she started Season 1 on Saturday morning... she then called me on Sunday night almost in hysterics because ... "what do you mean I have to wait until January for Season 4??" :D

I do the same thing with my weekly shows... I don't watch anything "live"... I download them and watch them commercial-free on the 42" screen in my office while I'm working... but here lately, I've been so busy with network changes, server updates, and adding new clients to our system, I've not had time to breathe!  Maybe we get to have a life after we retire, at the rip-old age of 90?

I got a co-worker to watch Banshee a while back, and she started Season 1 on Saturday morning... she then called me on Sunday night almost in hysterics because ... "what do you mean I have to wait until January for Season 4??" :D

I do the same thing with my weekly shows... I don't watch anything "live"... I download them and watch them commercial-free on the 42" screen in my office while I'm working... but here lately, I've been so busy with network changes, server updates, and adding new clients to our system, I've not had time to breathe!  Maybe we get to have a life after we retire, at the rip-old age of 90?

I really hate to get too into these things, because I will finish the system in a month or so, at least my part.  We will probably wait until the first of the year to go live.  We are planning a few weeks of training, then running a dual system for a few months and transitioning around the first.  I assume I will be expected to stay in for a month or so after the transition.  I will then be on the road again.  Most of the motels/hotels I stay in don't have great channels.  I guess I could watch the shows on my laptop, but wifi is marginal at best in most of the ones I stay in.

Another reason I download most everything, rather than stream it.  I can pull the shows I want onto a thumb-drive, carry them with me, and watch them on the road, from my laptop, or push them from my laptop/tablet direct to a hotel TV via HDMI or using a Chromecast stick... some better hotels have TV's with USB ports, so it's just plug-and-play at that point.  Even at home, my media-server is running 24x7, and any TV or PC in the house can watch whatever they want, whenever they want without using any bandwidth from my cable company (beyond the initial download).

Another reason I download most everything, rather than stream it.  I can pull the shows I want onto a thumb-drive, carry them with me, and watch them on the road, from my laptop, or push them from my laptop/tablet direct to a hotel TV via HDMI or using a Chromecast stick... some better hotels have TV's with USB ports, so it's just plug-and-play at that point.  Even at home, my media-server is running 24x7, and any TV or PC in the house can watch whatever they want, whenever they want without using any bandwidth from my cable company (beyond the initial download).

I need to look into that more.  I have DirectTV, and no other real services.  I really have not looked into downloading.  All of the hotels I stay at have good televisions with extra HDMI ports.

I need to build me a media server.  I am not sure exactly how to pull television from the Dish into it.

I am going to have to check that out.  I may have to pick up an external HD and record some stuff on it.  My poor laptop has way too much work stuff on it to add movies.  I just need to figure out how to download them.

PM me, and I'll give you a crash-course :)

Now hooked on Ray Donovan. Burning through the first season. Christian Slater will have to wait and it has now interrupted my binge of Stargate Atlantis.

Christian Slater is good,he's made a comeback like Robert Downey Jr.i guess they finally layed off the booger sugar