How do you guys handle the craving for smoking.

DenZacker

The first two weeks is the worst ones, and it will take some strong willpower to get there... the good news is that it gets easier after you hit that two weeks barrier, and vaping really helps to keep the analogues away for good... Anyway... strong sweets helped me a lot in the first two weeks, something like strong mints. 

The first two weeks is the worst ones, and it will take some strong willpower to get there... the good news is that it gets easier after you hit that two weeks barrier, and vaping really helps to keep the analogues away for good... Anyway... strong sweets helped me a lot in the first two weeks, something like strong mints. 

Thanks for sharing your vaping experience. Can you please suggest me some brands that provide strong sweets flavour?

Thanks for sharing your vaping experience. Can you please suggest me some brands that provide strong sweets flavour?

If you want, you can just get some sweetener like FlavorWest and add your own.

Getting away from cigarettes will depend on your battery, the tank, and the juice (nicotine and PG/VG content). What are you using now?

Edited by Tam

If you want, you can just get some sweetener like FlavorWest and add your own.

Getting away from cigarettes will depend on your battery, the tank, and the juice (nicotine and PG/VG content). What are you using now?

I am vaping Shevapes - sweet & juicy wild cherry flavour Strong 18mg Nicotine.:vapor: 

Edited by DenZacker

A cigalike style vaporizer then. That's probably why you can't get completely off cigarettes. I would suggest getting an eGo-style battery like an eGo Twist or a Vision Spinner and a Kanger Pro Tank mini 3 with 1.8 ohm coils and some juice. If you like the wild cherry flavor, there are many vendors that have that available. Depending on how many cigarettes per day you smoke (if it's about a pack a day of regular to lights), I'd go with the 18 mg or even go up to 24 mg of nicotine and perhaps a 50PG/50VG mix. Just a thought. That should get you off the cigarettes. Don't forget to get a charger and AC adapter for charging! Others should come along shortly to add their recommendations.   :)

A cigalike style vaporizer then. That's probably why you can't get completely off cigarettes. I would suggest getting an eGo-style battery like an eGo Twist or a Vision Spinner and a Kanger Pro Tank mini 3 with 1.8 ohm coils and some juice. If you like the wild cherry flavor, there are many vendors that have that available. Depending on how many cigarettes per day you smoke (if it's about a pack a day of regular to lights), I'd go with the 18 mg or even go up to 24 mg of nicotine and perhaps a 50PG/50VG mix. Just a thought. That should get you off the cigarettes. Don't forget to get a charger and AC adapter for charging! Others should come along shortly to add their recommendations.   :)

Thanks for your advice. I would definitely give a try. :-)

I agree with what Tam said.  I tried a cigalike and it did nothing for me, but from the day I got my first good starter kit (Kanger EMOW) I haven't touched a cigarette.  I threw away the cigarettes that were remaining in the pack I had with me when I bought my first kit specifically so I wouldn't be tempted with the mindset of "just one won't hurt".

Tam is spot-on... cigalikes are a complete waste of money!  I tried them for more than 6-months, and never even slowed-down my smoking.  I bought an eGo-style battery (actually 2), and two tanks from my local shop on 3/31/14, and that was the last day I touched an analog...  I did keep a pack around for a week or so, just in case... but by mid April, it hit the curb with the rest of my smoking items... I kept my Zippo and my favorite ash-tray, though... the ash tray makes a good place to put my dead coils before I clean and rebuild them.

I highly recommend the original Vision Spinner and Kanger ProTank3 mini.  For the cost of a couple of cartons of cigarettes, you can pick up two batteries, charger, two tanks, and a spare box of coils (and even a decent case to carry it all in)... and you won't burn it in an ashtray and have nothing to show for it after 2-weeks... I still have my ORIGINAL starter-kit (well, one of the batteries, anyway), and still use it today... nearly 18-months later!!

I actually meant real sweets.. the ones I used was Cherry Menthol sweets from Fisherman's Friend..very strong sweets.

Edit; by the way..they sell them in eBay and Amazon if you can't find them where you live.

fisherman--039-s-friend-cherry-ohne-zuck

Edited by cesar

I will also say... is better to cut analogues altogether..finish you last pack of cigs, and never buy them again. When I decided to stop smoking I threw away all the tobacco I had in the house, and never got another pack again.

I said on a Saturday that on Monday I was done and made the swap and really never had a problem. I think anyone trying to quit should use 24mg period and get a decent battery and tank (you can get great equipment for the cost of a couple cartons of smokes). Within a couple days I knew I would never have another cigarette and that was 4-23-13 and I haven't since.

With that said my wife is a couple months behind me because she kept an "emergency pack" in her car. Until she did away with that she never fully committed. With a few exceptions I would hazard to guess the vast majority of people will continue to smoke if you have them on hand. After about a month she finally got tired of it (and as I regained my smell and tastebuds and she did we both realized how disgusting we had smelled for so long) and gave them up alltogether.

About 3 months in to her and 4 in for me we traded Yukons and found a pack under the seat and laughed as we tossed it in the garbage. Its all there for you to quit but it takes three things

1. Equipment good enough to transport a sufficient amount of vapor and nicotine

2. Willingness and truly being ready to do it

3. Liquid that you like AND has an appropriate level of nicotine to curb your cravings

Best of luck!

With a few exceptions I would hazard to guess the vast majority of people will continue to smoke if you have them on hand. After about a month she finally got tired of it (and as I regained my smell and tastebuds and she did we both realized how disgusting we had smelled for so long) and gave them up alltogether.

I'm one of those "few exceptions" and kept four or five packs (don't remember exactly how many now) for over a year. My main downfall was the panic I'd get with the thought of running out. Those packs were my "just in case I really get a craving and can't stand it anymore" safety net. Thankfully, just having them there was more than enough and I never opened them. Like B said, everyone is different and you need to do what works for you. The tips he gave are the one constant for nearly all of us.  :)

Its all there for you to quit but it takes three things

1. Equipment good enough to transport a sufficient amount of vapor and nicotine

2. Willingness and truly being ready to do it

3. Liquid that you like AND has an appropriate level of nicotine to curb your cravings

Best of luck!

All of the above, plus I was fortunate to find a very knowledgeable vape shop owner who started me out with the right equipment from the beginning.  If I may, I might add a no. 4:  determination and faith in your equipment.  

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...